Tank For Toppin

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
We have a new coach (with prior experience!) and a new GM (no experience as usual). I am optimistic (like always, Go Suns) that things will be different this year.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
What does everyone think of Achiuwa if Toppin isn't there when the Suns pick? He seems to have a lot of upside.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does everyone think of Achiuwa if Toppin isn't there when the Suns pick? He seems to have a lot of upside.

As long as the Suns don't view him as an instant starter I like him. Suns need an athletic big man with a motor who can rebound, defend and finish at the rim.

I think James Jones went for players that can play right away in the last draft but the Suns need athletic big men coming off the bench who have the potential to be a future starter.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It looks to me like Toppin is going to fall into that slot (5-9) where the Suns are guaranteed NOT to pick unless they trade down or up. Watching Toppin play, there is something Amare-esque about him. But that is only a surface observation.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's so easy for a team of kids to feel lethargic and mentally check out when the season is lost.
Lots of guys that age don't even bother showering because its tooooooo boring.
Ayton, Bridges, Johnson, and guys like that should be sophomores and juniors in college.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
It's so easy for a team of kids to feel lethargic and mentally check out when the season is lost.
Lots of guys that age don't even bother showering because its tooooooo boring.
Ayton, Bridges, Johnson, and guys like that should be sophomores and juniors in college.
Well Johnson would already have a master degree actually , but the rest of your point is fine

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Toppin is an exciting player to watch, but he can't defend...at all. The more I see him, the more I believe he is no better fit for us at power forward than TJ Warren was.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Toppin is an exciting player to watch, but he can't defend...at all. The more I see him, the more I believe he is no better fit for us at power forward than TJ Warren was.

Agreed but this draft is a trash heap. The #1 pick couldn’t even get a Beal or Simmons.., Right now we’re at #10 and looking at Tankathon’s mock #10 is Cole Anthony followed by Tyrese Maxey, RJ Hampton and Jaden McDaniels. These types of guys wouldn’t see the court on a good team for 3 years.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Agreed but this draft is a trash heap. The #1 pick couldn’t even get a Beal or Simmons.., Right now we’re at #10 and looking at Tankathon’s mock #10 is Cole Anthony followed by Tyrese Maxey, RJ Hampton and Jaden McDaniels. These types of guys wouldn’t see the court on a good team for 3 years.

Which is why we should have traded the pick for Aaron Gordon when we had the chance.