Talked to Karlos Dansby Yesterday

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I made the long trek down to the Card's headquarters yesterday to pick up a fellow ASFN poster's tickets for him ;) and on the way out to my truck I end up on the sidewalk next to Karlos.

I told him I have been a season ticket holder for years and was excited to see him in the Super Bowl, his response was, "I've been here for 5 years so I know what you've gone through."

As we're walking down the sidewalk Pedro Gomez was prepping for a SportsCenter update and asked Karlos to stop for a second, Karlos's reply was, "I'll catch up with you tomorrow." Gomez went on to say "I used your Obama quote today so look for it tonight." Karlos responded, "Man my t.v. is off."

Anyway he was a very nice and humble guy and a pleasure to chat with, I especially liked his attitude towards the media as you know many an athlete would not have been able to resist the chance to be on ESPN. It appears he, like many of the other players, are all business right now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As we're walking down the sidewalk Pedro Gomez was prepping for a SportsCenter update and asked Karlos to stop for a second, Karlos's reply was, "I'll catch up with you tomorrow." Gomez went on to say "I used your Obama quote today so look for it tonight." Karlos responded, "Man my t.v. is off."

Anyway he was a very nice and humble guy and a pleasure to chat with, I especially liked his attitude towards the media as you know many an athlete would not have been able to resist the chance to be on ESPN. It appears he, like many of the other players, are all business right now.

love the "my TV is off" right now... sends the message that nothing will distract me from the task at hand.

Warner and Dansby are the huge priorities. A guy like Antonion Smith is probably gonna get a huge deal simply because he plays on a Super Bowl team and because he had a good playoffs... if it's him or Dansby that the Cards have to decide between I'm praying they make the right choice and retain Dansby. He's never bad-mouthed the organization, he bided his time waiting for a contract even though he so completely outplayed the rookie deal he was on for years, he wants to be here and seems like he's the leader of the D. You gotta get a deal done for him.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

that bolded part makes me happy

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should have asked Pedro if he still thinks we should boycott the Cardinals!

:madarms:

I still remember the Pedro chant after he wrote that peice. He looked really scared.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Dansby and then extend Wilson.

Top priorities on defense next year. Those two are what makes our defense what it is.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dansby is probably the most snappy dressed man on the team. Everytime I've seen him he's dressed in some nice threads

Reaction score
love the "my TV is off" right now... sends the message that nothing will distract me from the task at hand.

Warner and Dansby are the huge priorities. A guy like Antonion Smith is probably gonna get a huge deal simply because he plays on a Super Bowl team and because he had a good playoffs... if it's him or Dansby that the Cards have to decide between I'm praying they make the right choice and retain Dansby. He's never bad-mouthed the organization, he bided his time waiting for a contract even though he so completely outplayed the rookie deal he was on for years, he wants to be here and seems like he's the leader of the D. You gotta get a deal done for him.
I agree with you cheese, but there is no reason the Cardinals shouldn't get both Dansby and Smith done!

Come on Rod Graves - get proactive instead of reactive! And work on more than one contract at a time!!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson