Taking huge investment chance

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I gotta hand it to him, that's Sirius money. I would have never in a million years believed that guy and the folks working for him would ever get that.

:shrug: I got nuthin'.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I own Sirius stock - bought it about 8 months ago.

I'm in for the long term.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, it's been over a year ago (just checked my portfolio) nd I'm @ $3.52 buy in.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
I purchased a significant amount of Sirius Satellite Radio (SIRI) stock today. I transfered some of my not so well performing mutal funds into it. Stupid Howard Stern better help me out :mad:

It's a 6 bucks and some change, I don't think it will go any lower. HeavyB3 you better be pitching Sirius like your life depends on it, because it just might :D

I'm with you Ryan. We own a decent amount of Sirius stock as well. I think the XM/Sirius thing is going to take off in a big way over the next few years because FM radio plays the same boring cookie-cutter music, AM is overloaded with commercials, and there aren't many channels to choose from in the first place.

I fully expect Sirius' stock to be trading at $40+ within 5 years. This is not a short-term stock. Put a couple grand into it, sit on it, and watch it over the next few years.

No, I'm not high. :p

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
I'm on my way to becoming very drunk?? WTF!!

Just like to point out that you can be a hot chick and a midget at the same time. :thumbup:

PHXviaDTW

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Which one has the MLB package?

I would love to listen to the Phillies broadcast when I am driving.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
krepitch said:
Just like to point out that you can be a hot chick and a midget at the same time. :thumbup:

My mom always told me that you can be whatever you want to be.

God Bless the USA.

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
vince56 said:
I fully expect Sirius' stock to be trading at $40+ within 5 years. This is not a short-term stock. Put a couple grand into it, sit on it, and watch it over the next few years.:p

Wow, I did not imagine that this thing would take off like that... I am hoping that the FCC realizes that once they start to lose lots of money they will shy away from their standards that they have set... But I am most likely wrong on that one.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
vince56 said:
I fully expect Sirius' stock to be trading at $40+ within 5 years. This is not a short-term stock. Put a couple grand into it, sit on it, and watch it over the next few years.

No, I'm not high. :p

I think you are high Vince. ;)

With it's current 1.33B shares outstanding, a stock price of $40/share (assuming no splits) would give SIRI a market cap of $53B.

Here is what $53B in market cap looks like today;

Boeing $57.9B
3M $53.96B
Disney $51.75

As a SIRI holder, I would be happy to see it over $10 a year from now.

A-Bomb

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One last thing, if any of you bought SIRI at $6 or $7, be sure to pick up some more now (currently $5.74). This will give you some nice cost averaging as the stock has likely seen its low.

A-Bomb

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/P144534.asp

The smart money is on XM right now. There's a lot of people I talk to that say they won't pay to listen to the radio. I work with a guy that has Sirius, and he listens to like 4 channels on it the whole time. I like NPR, which I can listen to for free. Plus I like commercial free CDs that play only the music I like! :thumbup:

That being said, $5.70 something a share seems nice. I'd just look at their financials to make sure they aren't hemmoraging too much money right now. Bubba the Love Sponge rocks! :thumbup:

Djaughe

Reaction score
lol...

Stern curses out fans who aren't on Sirius
‘It’s insulting to me’ that some haven't turned to satellite radio
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Associated Press[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Updated: 4:06 p.m. ET March 31, 2006[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NEW YORK - Howard Stern is angry more fans haven’t followed him to satellite radio.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, the 52-year-old shock jock lashes out at those of his fan base who haven’t made the transition to Sirius Satellite Radio. In January, Stern moved his popular and bawdy morning show to the subscription satellite radio provider.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I was just at my psychiatrist and I said, ‘I just got great news: We hit the 4 million mark. And I’m angry. It should be 20 million,”’ Stern says in the magazine, on newsstands Monday.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“It’s insulting to me that everyone hasn’t come with me. I take it personally,” he says.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“I want to say to my audience ... ‘You haven’t come with me yet? How dare you? We’re up to wild, crazy stuff, the show has never sounded better. You cheap bastard!”’[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In February, CBS Radio, formerly known as Infinity Broadcasting, filed a lawsuit against Stern for improperly using airtime to promote his new show on Sirius.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stern has claimed the lawsuit is without merit.[/FONT]

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I agree with Stern. I believe he will win. I've read the particulars in the media, and this is only going to help Sirius get more PR. During the trial and right before, the stock will drop. BUY! It will go up when Stern wins! ;) And I'm an AM guy telling you this! :)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yuma said:
I agree with Stern. I believe he will win. I've read the particulars in the media, and this is only going to help Sirius get more PR. During the trial and right before, the stock will drop. BUY! It will go up when Stern wins! ;) And I'm an AM guy telling you this! :)

What makes you think sirius stock will rise if stern wins his lawsuit?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Shane H said:
What makes you think sirius stock will rise if stern wins his lawsuit?
I watch a lot of financial shows and see stocks rise on good news that has nothing to do with a firm's financials. Remember I said it should drop in value to start with, so even if it's goes back up to previous values, it's a chance to make a quick buck. ;)

Check this out: http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/srs/srsmain.asp?Symbol=SIRI

I had a chance to invest, meaning I actually had some money, when tha stock was at about $1.77 a share. Now it's up to $5.00+ a share! :kickshimself: However, I keep seeing stock reports like the one above, and you have to wonder when the bottom is going to fall out. Hopefully, there's a bidding war between two companies wanting to acquire it and everyone makes money. :)

Last edited:

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Djaughe said:

You can rest assured that Howard said that tongue-in-cheek. Just another example of the media taking something and molding it into something different.

BTW, I've owned SIRI since the near beginning, however I only hope XM can get their stuff together. The competition between them is healthy.

The latest rumor had CBS Radio looking at a possible takeover of XM. I'm sure it's only a rumor, but it wouldn't surprise me to see both of these companies on someone's radar.

I just saw this a couple weeks ago. Apparently, some guy developed a small piece of software that allows you to stream Sirius on your PocketPC or cell phone. I downloaded it (free), and it works great (especially if you have EDGE or something a bit fast.)

The article is here: http://www.wired.com/news/wireservice/0,70495-0.html?tw=wn_index_10

Here's the web site where you can get he software: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=822901

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sly fly said:
You can rest assured that Howard said that tongue-in-cheek. Just another example of the media taking something and molding it into something different.

BTW, I've owned SIRI since the near beginning, however I only hope XM can get their stuff together. The competition between them is healthy.

The latest rumor had CBS Radio looking at a possible takeover of XM. I'm sure it's only a rumor, but it wouldn't surprise me to see both of these companies on someone's radar.

I just saw this a couple weeks ago. Apparently, some guy developed a small piece of software that allows you to stream Sirius on your PocketPC or cell phone. I downloaded it (free), and it works great (especially if you have EDGE or something a bit fast.)

The article is here: http://www.wired.com/news/wireservice/0,70495-0.html?tw=wn_index_10

Here's the web site where you can get he software: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=822901

What do you mean by you hope XM can get its stuff together? They are easily the biggest of the two and actually make a profit unlike sirius.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Shane H said:
What do you mean by you hope XM can get its stuff together? They are easily the biggest of the two and actually make a profit unlike sirius.

Pierce Roberts leaving XM as a Director was huge. Especially after he was "troubled" by the direction XM is taking. There's plenty of material to read on why he left.

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I have been buying $50.00 a week through my Sharebuilder account since the beginning of the year after my initial investment. I have a healthy holding in Sirius so I hope they go up and up so I can turn a nice profit.