Taking CeeDee Lamb the argument to take a wide receiver

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have no idea what we could get for Reddick but Carolina does want to build their defense. I could see them drafting Brown or Kinlaw and trading for Reddick (due to his connection with Rhule). Of course I am also secretly hoping that would keep them from taking Simmons. :devil:

Reddick was a big part of the defense that helped awaken a long-dormant program under head coach Matt Rhule, who took a job at Baylor following the 2016 season.

“I love Haason,” Rhule told Doug and Wolf Friday on 98.7 FM, Arizona’s Sports Station. “He’s everything that’s right with college football. He’s tough, he’s hard-nosed. He got his degree and played so hard for us and so well for us and helped us turn this program around.

“He’s relentless. In a day and age where guys on defense don’t run to the football anymore because of all the tempo, and guys don’t play hard all the time, Haason set the standard for our defense,” Rhule said. “We were third in the country in defense and he led the way. He ran to the football, he made impact plays, he was physical.

“Even when he knew he was going to get drafted high, he was still running down on the kickoff team. He is a special, special player in terms of how hard he plays and how explosive he can be.”

“You’re really kind of getting versatility, you’re getting two players in one,” the coach said. “He’s a guy who can play off the ball and be a weakside inside linebacker and use that 4.5 speed to cover guys out of the backfield and at the same time, I think he can be a tremendous weapon blitzing. Not many running backs are going to be able to block this kid.

“And he’s a great nickel rusher. You get into the sub packages — he can put his hand in the ground and his burst and athleticism and getting up the field are elite, even at that level, so I think they’ll use him probably as a combination off-the-ball linebacker, but also knowing they have a tremendous nickel pass rusher as well.”
yeah I understand that, but Reddick is difficult, since we used him as ILB where he never should have played.

Last year at the end he started to get the OLB position and showed progression, so ... I put that one on our D-Coaches to use him wrong, normally you should hope you get a 2nd rounder for a mediocre OLB. But I don't know, it's difficult to asset Reddicks value.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
From reading these posts on here (and not just about Reddick) it seems to me that some of the past coaches maybe made some quality decent picks, but then put them in the wrong positions. Seems to have made quite a bit of difference in their play, and not to the betterment.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Didn't Kyler have a passer rating off 199 that season?

So 145 to CeeDee isn't exactly impressive. There must have been several receivers with better if his total was 199.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So 145 to CeeDee isn't exactly impressive. There must have been several receivers with better if his total was 199.

Depends on what passer rating system you use. The traditional one has a highest rating possibility of 158.3. I think that's the one Soonerlou was referencing, not sure about the rating scale from ESPN.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard
⁦‪@Kyle_Odegard‬⁩
You must be registered for see images

Steve Keim didn't throw any cold water on the idea of taking a WR at No. 8. "I say this every year: Your needs are always changing. Just because it seems on the surface we're not as needy at wide receiver, that could change pretty quickly."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose