Tailgating question

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
Hi. I've got a free pass for the Brown Lot on Sunday which I understand is a pretty long way from the Great Lawn. I'm wanting to tailgate with my son and his buddy for about an hour before the game (Subway, tossing the football, etc.). Is the Brown Lot a decent tailgating spot? I'd love to do the Great Lawn, but I don't want to have to carry stuff back to the Brown Lot afterwards. I'm not married to the Brown Lot, so any tailgating suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi. I've got a free pass for the Brown Lot on Sunday which I understand is a pretty long way from the Great Lawn. I'm wanting to tailgate with my son and his buddy for about an hour before the game (Subway, tossing the football, etc.). Is the Brown Lot a decent tailgating spot? I'd love to do the Great Lawn, but I don't want to have to carry stuff back to the Brown Lot afterwards. I'm not married to the Brown Lot, so any tailgating suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot!
Did I ever ask you if my Dad and I sat behind you in the end zone at a home game vs. the NYG a few back? Talked to a guy from NM that day. :)

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Brown lot is a high school parking lot and does not seem like a good place to tailgate, its definatly to far to lug stuff back and forth to the Great Lawn. I might have an extra Lot F pass, best tailgate lot in my opinion, grass, bathrooms, no need to lug anything around. I'll check and let you know. When are you going to get into town?

Reaction score
Brown lot is all asphalt so it's not great, especially early in the season. But you definitely do not want to carry stuff from there to the stadium or great lawn; it's over a mile away.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
brown is horrid, park and walk to the stadium and join someone on the lawn or an asfn tailgate.

OP
OP
New Mexico

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
Brown lot is a high school parking lot and does not seem like a good place to tailgate, its definatly to far to lug stuff back and forth to the Great Lawn. I might have an extra Lot F pass, best tailgate lot in my opinion, grass, bathrooms, no need to lug anything around. I'll check and let you know. When are you going to get into town?

That would be awesome! I get to town Saturday around 4 and of course I'd pick it up wherever.

Thanks everybody for your responses. Definitely sounds like I want to avoid Brown!

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That would be awesome! I get to town Saturday around 4 and of course I'd pick it up wherever.

Thanks everybody for your responses. Definitely sounds like I want to avoid Brown!
No luck on the extra pass sorry. I know you can buy them south of the Stadium on Camelback Rd and 93rd ave or so, there is a gas station there that scalpers sell tickets and passes. Also maybe check phx craigslist