Sycamore Canyon

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
I am here. Last night. I am drinking so if this post goes a bit sideways that's why. I just wanted to share some pics. I came up here looking to fill in the last piece of my sanity and I succeeded. I feel good. Really good. Im ready to get back to work. A few people hinted around about coming with me and I told them no (politely) because I needed alone time.

While here I went for a hike. Kind of a test run with the Camelbak I bought for an I'll dated BIKEpack trip with my brother. Turns out I don't like biking....never really did. Not even as a kid. But walking is my JAM. I am out of shape but still went 6+ miles on a whim. I learned a couple things.

First, the thought of hiking through/across grassy fields never appealed to me. I was 100% off. There is a quiet serenity there.

Second, I love listening to music and wondered how I would fare hiking without it due to battery limitations. Not a problem. I actually found myself turning off my music to just enjoy the silence and scenery.

Third, they say that the harder the hike the greater the reward (view). I have to tell you. I ended up at the end of a road which overlooked the canyon. It was maybe 30' from the road. If this is the view 30' from your car door I can't imagine what awaits a days hike from the nearest road. I literally exclaimed, "Oh my God." when I saw it. And I took a moment to thank God for all I have and the opportunity to experience that view.

In short, I am hooked.
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sycamore canyon is awesome. Drove down south road or something from Williams to camp there one night. it was late as poo and we threw up camp at night. I'd never been there so the view when I woke up was quite spectacular.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Hollywood

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Sycamore canyon is awesome. Drove down south road or something from Williams to camp there one night. it was late as **** and we threw up camp at night. I'd never been there so the view when I woke up was quite spectacular.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
I don't think I have ever made camp in daylight.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think I have ever made camp in daylight.

for real. Many times I have woken up to find out I didnt need to build a basic fire pit as a magnificent one was 10 feet away that I didnt see.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave