Surprising Development

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man... if we trade down... from the consensus #1 and DON'T do so to take Murray high (say with the Raiders pick) and get another high pick (getting one of their other firsts), I am going to... well... be exactly like I've been for the last three years I guess.

So after one season with a now 22 year old QB, that cost additional picks last draft, we throw in the towel ?

Makes no sense to me.

In a trade down with Oakland we'd get a highly rated 'D' piece at #4 and perhaps 6 picks in total in the first 120. (2 firsts; 2 seconds; a third; a fourth)

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Choices are : Pick Murray, pick Bosa, or trade down and stockpile 1st and 2nd round picks. The correct choice is:

#3.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fully admit I cannot decide what I forsee the Cards doing in the draft. Smart move says take Bosa and keep Rosen, but still can’t get past the unknown upside of Murray that Rosen can’t bring. With Murray the defense will need to have a “spy” on him and that leaves on less defender to cover our WR’s.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yes it would, which is one more reason why NY can stay put and select Haskins, if the Cards select the smurf, which I highly doubt.

The Giants won’t risk sitting at 6 if Haskins is their guy. The Niners and Jets will be looking to trade back if Bosa goes #1.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Choices are : Pick Murray, pick Bosa, or trade down and stockpile 1st and 2nd round picks. The correct choice is:

#3.

If it’s Keim’s show he’s not taking Murray #1. There’s a possibility they could take Murray at #4 or #6 but a lot of would have to happen. Obviously you’d need a good enough package to trade down and Murray would have yet to be picked. If we’re sitting at 4 on the clock and Murray is available a team like Washington or Miami could call your bluff on Rosen and lowball you.

For instance:

You trade down with Oakland for Bosa and receive #4, #24 and a 2nd rd pick. Then you get a mid-1st for Rosen, take Murray and have two 1st rd picks remaining. Longshot at best but I don’t think they take Murray #1 without leaving more possibilities to improve the team.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fully admit I cannot decide what I forsee the Cards doing in the draft. Smart move says take Bosa and keep Rosen, but still can’t get past the unknown upside of Murray that Rosen can’t bring. With Murray the defense will need to have a “spy” on him and that leaves on less defender to cover our WR’s.

Defences adapted to Michael Vick and the Seattle slinger, nothing novel there.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Giants won’t risk sitting at 6 if Haskins is their guy. The Niners and Jets will be looking to trade back if Bosa goes #1.

Could very well be.. but the Giants are competing with whom for Haskins and how far down are the Niners or Jets willing to go?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Russell Wilson was sacked 52 times last season...3rd most among qbs.

Wilson makes himself available to sacks 30-40% of the plays. It is not all on the OL. What he does with rest of the snaps is what makes Wilson great.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I think this is very accurate. Murray is a better thrower than Haskins. Without getting in to the height debate that is nauseating, my one concern with Murray in the pocket is that when he saw pressure he would drop eyes immediately and look to run. Naturally, given his athleticism, this was probably the right choice in college. Was there any discussion of this? I would love to hear if so! Thanks Harry!

If I’ve got the question the consensus is he does not have happy feet. It was felt he was more like Wilson and ran with purpose not from panic.