Surprising Development

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Harry, Mar 14, 2019.

1. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

Holy F... he's TROLLING because he disagrees with you? continually finishing your posts with a pseudo-polite "sir" "sir" doesn't wash away the condescending trash you repeatedly direct at people before hand.

2. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

Key to Seattle's success was a vast improvement of their 0-line, particularly the interior 3. We do that, and Rosen will be fine - imo.

3. TheCardFan

TheCardFan Things have changed.

Interesting stat

upload_2019-3-14_16-18-41.png

*Disregard the highlighted line*

4. Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior Always a Gentleman

By virtue of his overwhelming advantage in rushing, Murray had the superior 2018 result vs. Tua.

In it's totality, Murray's 2018 campaign was the best ever by a college QB. The best ever for a QB at any level probably.

PACardsFan likes this.
  5. JeffGollin

JeffGollin Registered User

We have no clue how the Cardinal leadership makes major decisions - i.e. the role of Michael B, how much he delegates, collaberation vs. decree etc.

For all we know, the Rosen decision one way or the other has already been made, everyone's input has been considered and concensus arrived at.

Or not (Maybe Michael slams the table and issues marching orders).

Or maybe the process changes from issue to issue (i.e. group-think in one instance followed by letting Steve make the call in another.

Without knowing how decisions are made, it's kind of tough trying to predict what those decisions will be.

PS So that chart gave Sam Bradford a 176.5 rating? :)

6. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Has No Time For Love

In that one game...... he had roughly the same Comp percentage that Rosen had for the 2018 SEASON.

What makes you think we will have the number 1 pick next season if Rosen sucks?

And finally...... Why would you want a QB who is more injury prone than Kyler, less mobile, and Roughly the same otherwise, but not be interested in Kyler? Because of 3 inches?

7. DVontel

DVontel Registered

Great campaign but I wouldn’t even put it top 5 in the past 10 years.

8. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

The whole point of the thread by Harry was that nfl brass are starting to waiver on tradition. Thanks Harry. By the way Harry....should we take Murray?

daves and Ohcrap75 like this.
  9. Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior Always a Gentleman

Well then it's pistols at 30 paces for you and I sir!

:) Lol..

PACardsFan likes this.
  10. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

11. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

Here's the funny thing: We actually HAD a pretty good defense last year. Even with the collapse at the end, the Cards were 17th in defensive DVOA. The free agency period dedicated to adding to the defense doesn't make a ton of sense to me for this reason: what would improve the defense the most would be some help on offense.

Our offense was historically bad last season. Like, one of the worst all-time. Improving our historically bad offense to league-average would likely have had us in the playoffs.

How to I apportion blame for our historically bad 2018 offense?

40% Terrible coaching (and I think that coaching staffs are generally interchangeable)
    30% Bad offensive line (I think we had a below-average OL at the beginning of the season which
    15% bad receivers
    15% Rosen

I want Rosen to succeed. I don't think there's anything physically preventing him from being Aaron Rodgers, but I also think a vortex of losing could turn him into Jay Cutler very quickly. I think you had to excise Wilks because the danger of getting Rosen off on the wrong foot was profound.

The fact of the matter is that Kingsbury can't talk to Rosen right now. Cards can begin OTAs in April 1. What happens in that 10-day period will probably decide the future moves toward the draft.

daves, Ohcrap75, Cardiac and 4 others like this.
  12. jefftheshark

jefftheshark Drive By Poster Contributor

I couldn’t agree more with this take K9, that last year’s defense was not the cause of our horrendous performance. That said, I also believe there’s something to be said for the D going from good to great.

I guess I’m in the keep Rosen camp, not because of his impressive showing last year - it wasn’t even close to that - it’s because like you I can only attribute a small percentage of our suckiness on him.

Upgrading the offensive line alone will improve the QB play, whether it’s Rosen or anyone else. Keim has taken steps to address this (who knows at this point if it’s enough, but there’s still the draft for more upgrades).

Time will tell, but I’ll be disappointed if we pass on Bosa to improve a position I’m not sure that won’t be better anyway.

JTS

Solar7, GuernseyCard and cardncubfan like this.
  13. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain DPOY

Yeah....same completion percentage playing with a great offensive line, great receiving corps, great playcaller.

You fail to EVER address that in your comparison. If Rosen had failed like this with the 2015 Arizona Cardinals, you would have a point, but when Chad Williams and JJ Nelson are playing lots of snaps, let alone Trent Sherfield, your talent sucks!

More injury prone? Kyler played one freaking year. That's a ******** statement with very little data to support that. If you base this statement on reality, than Kyler is more injury prone because he ran more than Michael Vick did in college (who was hurt his last year as a starter because....wait for it....he ran a lot)

It's not three inches. Again, you ignore that drafting Kyler Murray also means you don't get to draft Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams, Josh Allen, or even so crazy weird pick like Rashan Gary. That means you miss the chance to draft a franchise building block on defense as well.

Lets say that Murray becomes Russell Wilson, which most people think is his ceiling/comp. What if Rosen becomes Eli Manning caliber (who admittedly isn't as good as Wilson) but Nick Bosa becomes an All pro as well. Which scenario is better?

Ohcrap75, GuernseyCard and jbeecham like this.
  14. forever red

forever red Free Agent

Cardinals should hold out til draft day for a first round pick for Rosen. Other teams will consistently "say" from now til then they won't give up a first round pick but when push comes to shove they will,especially the Giants who now have 2 first round picks.Redskins in the hunt too and one of them will fold. All we have to do is sit back and be patient.

15. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain DPOY

I'll say again:

I would draft Murray IF the Cardinals can walk away with at least a mid 1st round pick for Rosen.

All this talk about 3rd round picks isn't worth it, it's a total fleecing. The Cardinals invested a 1, 3, and 5 to get Rosen, and popped his rookie cherry.

The NY Giants are the perfect landing spot and I would look to get #17 and a 3rd rounder for Rosen. If they won't do at least the #17, they better offer 2x 2nd rounders, and at least a 3rd rounder.

If that value isn't given, I'd take Nick Bosa or Quinnen Williams and be done with it, confident that my defense is going to be pretty good and that Rosen will improve with KK as his coach.

daves, Ohcrap75, jbjarko and 6 others like this.