Surprising Development

Reaction score
Murray had the highest QB rating of ANY QB to ever play in college football...try ignoring that

now back to the hating

can't tell if some here are just trolling or just blind

Again, never before has a QB had a QB rating for a full season as high as Murray ever in college football...how does that not make you want to have him on the team you cheer for. If the line fails...he will run for 7...he alone can make up for the pathetic O line AZ has.

Problem he's only had a high QBR one year. The only year he started. Khalil Tate had a 92 rating in 2017 but a 62 in 2018. Murrays last year was 95.4. Doesn't mean much of anything.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Interesting stat

You must be registered for see images attach

*Disregard the highlighted line*
Hey where is Rosen on that list? Has to be pretty high, I hear he's awesome it was all the Cardinals fault he was the worst starting QB last year.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Hey where is Rosen on that list? Has to be pretty high, I hear he's awesome it was all the Cardinals fault he was the worst starting QB last year.[/QUOTE

Okay.

Sure Rosen had a bad year but without factoring in the situation he was put in then making a judgment on a 1st Rd pick after one season is premature and flat out stupid.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
147 is his top QB rating. The list ends at #100 and 164.5 so he probably is in the 150-200 range

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cardinals should hold out til draft day for a first round pick for Rosen. Other teams will consistently "say" from now til then they won't give up a first round pick but when push comes to shove they will,especially the Giants who now have 2 first round picks.Redskins in the hunt too and one of them will fold. All we have to do is sit back and be patient.

NY doesn't have to trade a first round pick to get a QBOF. They can simply select Haskins at #6 as many mocks already have them doing.

Rosen to here, there or the next place is just Fantasy Football ******** !

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll say again:

I would draft Murray IF the Cardinals can walk away with at least a mid 1st round pick for Rosen.

All this talk about 3rd round picks isn't worth it, it's a total fleecing. The Cardinals invested a 1, 3, and 5 to get Rosen, and popped his rookie cherry.

The NY Giants are the perfect landing spot and I would look to get #17 and a 3rd rounder for Rosen. If they won't do at least the #17, they better offer 2x 2nd rounders, and at least a 3rd rounder.

If that value isn't given, I'd take Nick Bosa or Quinnen Williams and be done with it, confident that my defense is going to be pretty good and that Rosen will improve with KK as his coach.

this is where I'm at.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
NY doesn't have to trade a first round pick to get a QBOF. They can simply select Haskins at #6 as many mocks already have them doing.

But didnt Haskins also throw for 50 touchdowns against much stiffer competition than the Big 12 offered like Michigan Notre Dame USC etc. But because he doesnt scramble around and show the flashy stuff Murray is ahead of him kinda shows a very Murray Bias IMHO

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
No one has ever said Brady Manning or Marino was mobile but last I recall they were pretty good too and won A hell of a lot more games

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
ELway was but Denver didn't do much until they surrounded him with thing called a Team funny how that works isnt it

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you roll the dice (& draft Murray)?

Or do you play it safe (draft Bosa or Q Williams and trade or keep Rosen)?

I've seen "roll the dice" teams succeed and some fail miserably. I've also seen "play it safe" teams assemble winning rosters and I've seen them fade away into Meh City.

It will all boil down to - head to head - which guy the brass feels they can win with and we won't know how things work out until our QB plays real footbal

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup. I would be ok with either direction, although the Murray intrigue is just too great to pass up on if you can get a 1st and 3rd from the Giants.

If Murray is that great and superior to Rosen, why wouldn't the Giants just trade up to #1 and pick the greatest midget QB of all time?

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Ok for a massive history lesson I've watched Staubach Tarkenton Archie Manning all play even Stabler Griese Len Dawson cant remember but I think Namath and Starr one thing each and every one of them had is Massive desire to Win it All unfortunately mostly watched them beat the Cardinals most of the time hey it could be worse they could screw everything up and Draft a Kicker #1 oh Wait they already did (Steve Little)

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you roll the dice (& draft Murray)?

Or do you play it safe (draft Bosa or Q Williams and trade or keep Rosen)?

I've seen "roll the dice" teams succeed and some fail miserably. I've also seen "play it safe" teams assemble winning rosters and I've seen them fade away into Meh City.

It will all boil down to - head to head - which guy the brass feels they can win with and we won't know how things work out until our QB plays real footbal

6 of one, half a dozen of the other, and two legs firmly planted in the air.

Do you ever pick a lane?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
If Murray is that great and superior to Rosen, why wouldn't the Giants just trade up to #1 and pick the greatest midget QB of all time?

My assumption is the price tag for #1 will be considerably more than #17 and a 3rd. (and more than the Giants are willing to risk for the "greatest midget QB of all time")

forever red

Rookie
Reaction score

Right assuming the Giants have Haskins rated higher than Rosen and assuming even if some have Haskins rated higher than Rosen someone doesn't move ahead of the Giants to get Haskins.Then what . I still think there is no downside to us waiting till the day of the draft. IMO once all the smoke clears someone will trade a first round pick for Rosen. Maybe even the Patriots. Last pick but then we go back to back and can pick up an edge receiver and a DL

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My assumption is the price tag for #1 will be considerably more than #17 and a 3rd. (and more than the Giants are willing to risk for the "greatest midget QB of all time")
Oh hell yes. It would take the #6, 17 and at least a 2nd especially if they want a qb.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yes it would, which is one more reason why NY can stay put and select Haskins, if the Cards select the smurf, which I highly doubt.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right assuming the Giants have Haskins rated higher than Rosen and assuming even if some have Haskins rated higher than Rosen someone doesn't move ahead of the Giants to get Haskins.Then what . I still think there is no downside to us waiting till the day of the draft. IMO once all the smoke clears someone will trade a first round pick for Rosen. Maybe even the Patriots. Last pick but then we go back to back and can pick up an edge receiver and a DL

Assuming we have any interest in the smurf at #1 and decide to gift wrap Bosa to SF. And most evaluations I've read have Haskins as the #1 QB and there are mocks sending him to NY.

My prediction : Bosa is going #1 - whether to the Cards or in a trade down because he's the top talent in this draft by consensus.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assuming we have any interest in the smurf at #1 and decide to gift wrap Bosa to SF. And most evaluations I've read have Haskins as the #1 QB and there are mocks sending him to NY.

My prediction : Bosa is going #1 - whether to the Cards or in a trade down because he's the top talent in this draft by consensus.

Man... if we trade down... from the consensus #1 and DON'T do so to take Murray high (say with the Raiders pick) and get another high pick (getting one of their other firsts), I am going to... well... be exactly like I've been for the last three years I guess.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yes it would, which is one more reason why NY can stay put and select Haskins, if the Cards select the smurf, which I highly doubt.

I'm impressed at your level of certainty that the Cards won't draft Murray. (and even more confident that nobody is trading up to #1 for Bosa)

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sat in on a little roundtable yesterday and the consensus was that even the teams, like the NYG, that favor a pocket passer now have Murray atop their QB rankings. Previously Haskins split off that group with mostly those favoring QB mobility leaning toward Murray. There is now concern that Haskins may not be fluid enough in the pocket to deal with the emerging dominance of edge rushers. We’re not talking about running, rather that type of move Warner perfected of just shifting in the pocket while still balanced. Warner’s ability to avoid some sacks and find a throwing lane was a large part of his success. Murray’s general footwork and agility at his Pro Day apparently convinced many he could succeed while maintaining a pocket presence, thus reducing the injury concern about mobile QBs.

I’m still not sure what this means about trading the pick except there will be more suitors.
Murray didn't run & wasn't measured at his pro day, no need to run really, because that was in shorts lol. He's already proved he can run against an elite defense in pads, ran for 109 yds against Alabama. I will give him this, that kid has one of the quickest releases I've ever seen & man does it have zip on it. Looks like a SS in baseball throwing the football. I still believe they should give Rosen more time, Murray is an interesting option though. The Cardinals are doomed with the media either way if failure happens drafting Murray or by keeping Rosen & Murray blows up for another team? I sure wouldn't wanna be Steve Keim if he gets this one wrong. Whichever QB they choose I'm still a lifelong cardinals fan & will be watching all season yelling at the tv lol.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm impressed at your level of certainty that the Cards won't draft Murray. (and even more confident that nobody is trading up to #1 for Bosa)

I've said repeatedly that I believe Bosa is pick #1 by the Cards or some other team and postulated that Oakland was the most likely trade partner. And, yes, I consider drafting Murray highly unlikely.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson