Supplemental draft today

stretchthefield

Registered
Reaction score
The supplemental draft is today, anyone see the Cards making a bid?

Eligible players
Quaylon Ewing-Burton, CB, Boise State
Josh Gordon, WR, Utah/Baylor
Adam Harris, RB, Syracuse
Adrian Haughton, OT, Iowa State
Larry Lumpkin, LB, Carson-Newman
Montez Robinson, DE, Georgia
Houston Tuminello, WR, McMurray/Louisiana Tech
Ed Wesley, RB, TCU

A 7th round bid for RB, Ed Wesley would be about all I would be willing to offer. Gordon is expected to go with a 2nd or 3rd round bid.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The supplemental draft is today, anyone see the Cards making a bid?

Eligible players
Quaylon Ewing-Burton, CB, Boise State
Josh Gordon, WR, Utah/Baylor
Adam Harris, RB, Syracuse
Adrian Haughton, OT, Iowa State
Larry Lumpkin, LB, Carson-Newman
Montez Robinson, DE, Georgia
Houston Tuminello, WR, McMurray/Louisiana Tech
Ed Wesley, RB, TCU

A 7th round bid for RB, Ed Wesley would be about all I would be willing to offer. Gordon is expected to go with a 2nd or 3rd round bid.

I know the Cards checked out Lumpkin, but I am not sure what value you would place on him. Gordon is really intriguing, but I believe he will go too high for the Cards, and I wonder about the fit because I don't think he can play inside.

All in all, the Cards need to upgrade at QB whether a quality starter is established from our current group or we draft one high next year, it has to be priority number 1.

Fitz Rulz

Registered
Reaction score
only Gordon was picked by the Browns for 2nd
no other player was drafted

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Browns are fools to take Gordon in the 2nd. Goes to show they have NO WR depth.

That was a dumb move IMO

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Browns are fools to take Gordon in the 2nd. Goes to show they have NO WR depth.

That was a dumb move IMO

I read where some scouts believe he would've been better than Kendall Wright down the road, so he's certainly an intriguing player. But yeah 2nd rounder? I don't know about that, that's a bit high!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I read where some scouts believe he would've been better than Kendall Wright down the road, so he's certainly an intriguing player. But yeah 2nd rounder? I don't know about that, that's a bit high!

Especially when you factor in that they will probably have a top 5 pick in the 2nd round.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Where do supplemental draft players some from? Were they just guys who didnt get drafted the 1st time around, or were they too late to register for the first draft?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where do supplemental draft players some from? Were they just guys who didnt get drafted the 1st time around, or were they too late to register for the first draft?
I rarely come to this board anymore, but thanks for letting me know not to let your senseless posts bother me as they have no football knowledge behind them. :raccoon:

FYI, the supplemental draft is for guys that have some sort of issue. Typically, they are declared ineligible for college football in the upcoming season, whether it be academics, behavioral issues, health ect. Or they could just have a change of heart and want money over another year of college football.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rarely come to this board anymore, but thanks for letting me know not to let your senseless posts bother me as they have no football knowledge behind them. :raccoon:

Watch your tone.

:coach:

:ban::banned:

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score

They usually do have some sort of issue.

I know Adrian Haughton, who used to go by Scott Haughton, has had grade issues and has spent a couple of years trying to get eligible.

Interestingly enough he was a pretty good player. Most people don't remember but Iowa State beat Nebraska several years ago and should have beaten them the next year, going for 2 and trying to win, instead of kicking the extra point for the tie at the end of the game.

One of the reasons Iowa State fared so well against Nebraska was because Scott Haughton was able to control Ndomakong Suh.

He hasn't played for a couple of years so that is probably why he didn't get a look.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson