Super Bowl News: DRC to retire if Broncos win

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
DRC was Denver's best cornerback this year. I'm mystified why people have such a problem with the kid.

I think it's hilarious, particularly because the media is bugging Champ Bailey with this question right now.

Boldin said the same things about only wanting to play for two contracts and then he'd retire.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DRC was Denver's best cornerback this year. I'm mystified why people have such a problem with the kid.

I think it's hilarious, particularly because the media is bugging Champ Bailey with this question right now.

Boldin said the same things about only wanting to play for two contracts and then he'd retire.

do people have problems with him?

Most ive seen is people thought he freelanced and avoided hits too much here. No animosity, just no man love either. Took too many plays off - got distracted a lot - gambled too much.

He also wears nail polish, dora backpacks and diapers on haloween.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
do people have problems with him?

Most ive seen is people thought he freelanced and avoided hits too much here. No animosity, just no man love either.

Okay, so your insinuation that DRC is gay is not meant to be value-negative.

:rolleyes:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, so your insinuation that DRC is gay is not meant to be value-negative.

:rolleyes:

Saying he may want to party with rhodes in the caribbean doesnt mean I hate the guy. I have zero feelings for the guy, hes not a cardinal. I only care about players on the cardinals and what they are doing.

You can take jokes as value negative all you want but im just making light of things because its monday and thats what I like to do on Mondays.

You mentioned problems with the kid like people detest him as a football player. I told you why they would if they did but I dont see it often.

But per usual, praise another team while bashing this one. Its your cardinal way, i dont know.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'll say this, if I had to choose between DRC and Peterson... I would choose Peterson all week and twice on Sunday. DRC... have a nice Super Bowl you Bronco :)

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'd take DRC back on the Cards any day. I just think he was a bad scheme fit for Horton's style of defense. The guy could always cover.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Saying he may want to party with rhodes in the caribbean doesnt mean I hate the guy. I have zero feelings for the guy, hes not a cardinal. I only care about players on the cardinals and what they are doing.

You can take jokes as value negative all you want but im just making light of things because its monday and thats what I like to do on Mondays.

You mentioned problems with the kid like people detest him as a football player. I told you why they would if they did but I dont see it often.

But per usual, praise another team while bashing this one. Its your cardinal way, i dont know.

Actually, K9 has been pretty positive about the Cardinals of late which if one considers the situation he is spot on... he just brings out the chinks in the armor of a 10 win team he would like to see win the Super Bowl now :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd take DRC back on the Cards any day. I just think he was a bad scheme fit for Horton's style of defense. The guy could always cover.

I remember him seeming to fall off a bit after his pro bowl year, not sure if that was after a coaching switch though.

Good thing we traded him for...wait...****

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Fact, DRC is soft but his coverage ability is elite when he is focused. Since this is a passing game, he can be of value but you can only afford one #1 quality guy at CB on a team, and anyone who would choose DRC over Peterson with the defense the Cardinals run is off. I got one, last play of the game and the Cardinals are ahead by 6 points against the Seahawks... Marshawn Lynch breaks free and you can choose between DRC and Peterson to make the game winning tackle, to choose DRC would mean 6 lol

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Champ Bailey is 35. If he said Super Bowl and retire it would be normal.

Anquan Boldin is 33 and has been taking hits over the middle for 11 seasons. Him talking about pending retirement is normal.

DRC is 27 and has hardly gotten any grass stains on his uniforms. For him to be talking about retirement is not normal and therefore news to some people.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Speaking of longevity it was overlooked that Larry Fitzgerald and Darnell Dockett joined Adrian Wilson and Aeneas Williams as players with 10 consecutive years with the Arizona Cardinals in 2013. I think there was some long snapper who played a long time but I can't remember and I don't think there is anyone else.

Says a lot about Fitz and DD and the changes in the front office.

Congratulations guys.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Meh.

If he doesn't love football, and I never got the impression that he really loves the game, more power to him. If he loves the game and wants to stay, that's great too. He is a very good cover corner who, at times, loses focus and doesn't bring anything towards stopping the run. We now know that is who he is and you either take it or leave it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what's so bad about this to be honest. He said he set a goal of 5 years and he's played 6 so if he does decide to retire what's the problem? there's no rule that says he has to play until he's past his prime, he's made lots of money why not retire while young and enjoy his money?

now if he is just doing it as a PR stunt so people ask him to keep playing that's different but so far no indication he is.

According to what I read he earned 5 million this year on a one year deal and he intentionally signed a one year deal because he was considering retiring. Made 15.1 on his rookie deal so 20 million in 6 years. No idea how much he has left. He said he knows it's hard to get another big money deal, he has seen too many other guys stick around too long and decided early on he didn't want to do that himself.

27 years old if he's managed his money well more power to him.

Reaction score
I'm not sure what's so bad about this to be honest. He said he set a goal of 5 years and he's played 6 so if he does decide to retire what's the problem? there's no rule that says he has to play until he's past his prime, he's made lots of money why not retire while young and enjoy his money?

now if he is just doing it as a PR stunt so people ask him to keep playing that's different but so far no indication he is.

According to what I read he earned 5 million this year on a one year deal and he intentionally signed a one year deal because he was considering retiring. Made 15.1 on his rookie deal so 20 million in 6 years. No idea how much he has left. He said he knows it's hard to get another big money deal, he has seen too many other guys stick around too long and decided early on he didn't want to do that himself.

27 years old if he's managed his money well more power to him.

Completely agree Russ. I think any one of us would love to retire at 27 & have millions in the bank. ;)

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
DRC was Denver's best cornerback this year.

And Daryn Colledge was our best offensive lineman.

I'm mystified why people have such a problem with the kid.

Really ?

To each his own, but IMO, my problem with him is he is a waste of talent.

2 good years in a 6 year career. The guy has amazing talent, but his drive is highly questionable, and there are 4 years of his career that back up that.

On a personal level, off the football field, I got no issues with the guy.

To each his own.

That is a lot of wasted natural talent, but then again who cares ? Just because a person is given natural gifts doesn't mean they have to use it, they get to use them as they feel fit I guess.

Point taken gentlemen.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of longevity it was overlooked that Larry Fitzgerald and Darnell Dockett joined Adrian Wilson and Aeneas Williams as players with 10 consecutive years with the Arizona Cardinals in 2013. I think there was some long snapper who played a long time but I can't remember and I don't think there is anyone else.

Says a lot about Fitz and DD and the changes in the front office.

Congratulations guys.

Mike LEach.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
those are the only two I remember.

There was another guy. Either tied or set the NFL record for playing in the most games his team lost. :D I'll find his name eventually.

EDIT: Well, I was thinking about Trey Junkin but he only played 6 years with the Cards.

Last edited: