Suns work out Michael Finley, Jermaine Taylor, Al Thornton & Elijah Millsap

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
From Coro's tweet:
paulcoro: As @AlexKennedyNBA said, the Suns worked out Michael Finley, Jermaine Taylor, Al Thornton & Elijah Millsap. Just prep for any future need.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
As if we didn't have enough has-beens on our team. Can we coax Barkley out of retirement too?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
If only this were a joke. This organization couldn't get more pathetic.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Negele Knight wasn't available?

**** YOU SARVER! Should have thrown my coffee on him when I had the chance because I was an invalid and he would have looked terrible doing anything back to me.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is next? Horacio Llamas?

Well at least they can attract fans from 3 countries that way.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Al Thornton might be worth a try, he has some talent at least and athleticism, but is also already 28 and out of the league.

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah let's bring in another useless wing player on a veteran's salary :thumbup:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Is this an indication that they are looking to move Grant Hill?

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Just think of the aging veterans we're going to sign this offseason. Maybe we can bail Oliver Miller out for some extra size in the middle.

Maybe Big Jake is available?

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Al Thornton might be worth a try, he has some talent at least and athleticism, but is also already 28 and out of the league.

He'd be my choice, he had so much athleticism coming out of Florida State. Jermaine Taylor has some upside but was a bit undersized at South Florida...

Is that another brother (Elijah Millsap)??

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this an indication that they are looking to move Grant Hill?

I hope you are right and the Suns are preparing for some trade options this season that will not weigh down the Suns in salary for next season.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It does give the impression that some sort of move is possible. At this point it might be Grant Hill, Dudley, or Warrick.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does give the impression that some sort of move is possible. At this point it might be Grant Hill, Dudley, or Warrick.

At least it would be an indicator that the Suns have a plan. Not saying it's a good one but at least a plan. LOL.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anyway we can get a hold of Joe Crispen while we are at it??

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is interesting is that is a bigger move than Hill at play here? I mean what sense does it make to trade one of our best defenders and mid range shooters in Hill for any of these guys?

It doesn't make your team better whatsoever on either end. So either the team is blowing things up and trying to fill a roster spot or this is part of a bigger plan that will include Hill and they need to fill that spot.

I guess there is the other alternative and that is the FO makes another boneheaded move because I don't think Grant is requesting a trade.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I don't know why you would be worried about trading Grant Hill to free up salary for next year. He's on a one year contract. Doubt you would gain much or get anything back by trading him at this point.

I would trade Grant if I could place him with a serious contender. The guy deserves a ring. (Same with Nash)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking as the trade deadline grows nearer, the Suns are looking at any options that might arise where they can move a player like Brown, Warrick, etc., who do not fit into their future but might be moved for a pick or a rental. Maybe the Suns even want to look at a D-leaguer for the future.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm thinking as the trade deadline grows nearer, the Suns are looking at any options that might arise where they can move a player like Brown, Warrick, etc., who do not fit into their future but might be moved for a pick or a rental. Maybe the Suns even want to look at a D-leaguer for the future.

Wishfull thinking?

I hope not

It might just be me but Nash and Hill seem to be pretty disgusted with this losing business and see no light at the end of the tunnel.