Suns @ Wizards Wednesday game thread 12-28-2022

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns play the Wizards on Wednesday on the second night of back-to-back games.

Phoenix is now 20-15 after beating the Grizzlies.

The Wizards are 14-21 who beat the 76ers on Tuesday.

When: Wednesday, December 28th, 2022

Television: Bally Sports Arizona

Radio: ESPN 620 / S: KSUN

Time: 5 pm Arizona time

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After the Wizards game, the Suns still have three games remaining on their road trip: @Raptors, @Knicks and @Cavaliers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the Suns will start Jock Landale again tomorrow to better matchup with the Wizards front court of Gafford, Porzingis and Kuzma.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul says he will be good to go at Washington. Hopefully this proves to be correct.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Chris Paul says he will be good to go at Washington. Hopefully this proves to be correct.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
His handles are definitely off. Whatever he didn’t to his hands/shoulder had a somewhat permanent impact on him.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His handles are definitely off. Whatever he didn’t to his hands/shoulder had a somewhat permanent impact on him.
I think it's his legs. He has no lift, no bounce anymore, he will do a slick dribble and try to move off it but has zero burst.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's his legs. He has no lift, no bounce anymore, he will do a slick dribble and try to move off it but has zero burst.
Nah you're all wrong. It's his legs, hands, shoulders and probably his pancreas too. Seriously, he just isn't the same player but hopefully he and the medical staff will wise up and finally sit him until he heals of everything that's not age related.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chris Paul's career may be winding down, but I think he still has some good basketball left in him if the Suns use him wisely. His shooting seems to be coming around, but he is not making some of the same plays he used too. IMO, he is still adjusting his game to what he can and can't do. His smarts can't be replaced. Paul at half speed is still the best point guard the Suns have on their roster.

The Suns really need Payne and another ball handler to help carry the load. I have high hopes for Washington, but he may be a season or two away from being consistent. So much depends on the Suns getting healthy and adding a couple of players including a power forward.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul's career may be winding down, but I think he still has some good basketball left in him if the Suns use him wisely. His shooting seems to be coming around, but he is not making some of the same plays he used too. IMO, he is still adjusting his game to what he can and can't do. His smarts can't be replaced. Paul at half speed is still the best point guard the Suns have on their roster.

The Suns really need Payne and another ball handler to help carry the load. I have high hopes for Washington, but he may be a season or two away from being consistent. So much depends on the Suns getting healthy and adding a couple of players including a power forward.
The chances of us winning it all this season are very low but what little chance we do have rides on the health of CP3 and Devin. IMO, even if Chris is still the best PG we have right now, he is not healthy and at his age he just shouldn't see the floor until he is.

And letting Booker come back for the Christmas Day game should not have happened. We all know he really wanted to be in that game but it made no sense and IMO the 4 minutes he did play cost us that game. And who knows how long he'll be out now after trying to rush back too soon from a groin injury. Even if it makes us the last play-in team, we're better off sitting these two until they are fully ready.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why I oppose that "tradition" of, subject to doctors and trainers' recommendation, players deciding when they're ready. Their desire to play usually overrides their good judgment, and Booker was a perfect example of that. Probably also Paul. The coaches need to start giving them a hard no. The tradition is an unwise tradition.
To an extent I agree but it's not always black and white. Rosters would need to be doubled or tripled maybe if you forced every player that's injured to sit until the injury is completely gone.

Players play through injury daily all throughout the league. But Booker has a history of greatly underperforming when he tries to play injured and has spoken before about wanting to play in the Christmas games (so, motivation to push further than he should have) and CP3 is so banged up he's held together by sheer will and bandaids.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The chances of us winning it all this season are very low but what little chance we do have rides on the health of CP3 and Devin. IMO, even if Chris is still the best PG we have right now, he is not healthy and at his age he just shouldn't see the floor until he is.

And letting Booker come back for the Christmas Day game should not have happened. We all know he really wanted to be in that game but it made no sense and IMO the 4 minutes he did play cost us that game. And who knows how long he'll be out now after trying to rush back too soon from a groin injury. Even if it makes us the last play-in team, we're better off sitting these two until they are fully ready.
Another example of Monty being a soft head coach. Letting Booker, who has already had soft tissue injuries this year, come back early from another one because it was Xmas, was criminally stupid.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Another example of Monty being a soft head coach. Letting Booker, who has already had soft tissue injuries this year, come back early from another one because it was Xmas, was criminally stupid.
Yeah, that was my #1 problem with Monty in that game. Where is the leadership?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If not the 25th he could’ve easily tweaked it the 27th and the Christmas thing wouldn’t have mattered. Let’s just accept the fact that Book will be 92-97’ KJ from this point on regarding missed time with soft tissue issues.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm a glass half empty kinda dude, some of you don't even have a glass, just a puddle on a table.

Booker was always gonna play 5 mins on Xmas, faked reinjuring so they could pull him from the game. :p Was always gonna be 4 weeks.
CP3 is still one of the best PGs in the league, yes he's slowing and his "pace" may be too slow for a young team.
He seems to have lost his fire back around the "it's just basketball" quote time period.
I hope he get's it back. We could use a little piss and vinegar on this team.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Man… looking at that list, routing the Grizz on their floor is ridiculously impressive considering the circumstances.
The Memphis win might not be the best of the year but I think it is definitely the most impressive.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, too dark for my blood.
Wait can I pick Luka
Always. Set a hard Steven Adams pick and just level the guy. Seriously, I don't know why I despise him more, is it the constant whining and ref manipulation or the constant reminder that we failed to pick a player that's on his way to becoming one of the all time greats.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Always. Set a hard Steven Adams pick and just level the guy. Seriously, I don't know why I despise him more, is it the constant whining and ref manipulation or the constant reminder that we failed to pick a player that's on his way to becoming one of the all time greats.
That's a potent combination.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ehh. What about Kobe Bryant's whining? Or his constantly hitting Raja Bell in the face?

And what about the Robert Horry hit?
I think you misunderstood. I wasn't saying I despised Luka the most, I was talking about the things I dislike about Luka. One of those things is on Luka, the other is on us.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone else noticing Bridges passing up open 10 footers? That’s twice now

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose