Suns @ Wizards Saturday game thread 2-5-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payton... man. If when they reevaluate Cam on Tuesday and it still doesn’t look good, they have to make a move to get a backup PG.

Suns need another point guard or distributor regardless.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Suns need to cut losses and somehow include him in a trade.
You keep pushing this narrative. There is no team in the NBA that will trade for Elfrid Payton. In fact, if the suns said they needed to include him in a trade, some teams would hang up on us. Nobody wants to pay Payton what we are paying him. NOBODY.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payton used to be able to pass and make layups. That's gone.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payton... lol.

Love Stix’s rebounding.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean... JESUS that FT wasn’t even close.

Neither was the second. It feels like Payton is trying to be the worst player in the history of basketball at this point.

I’d feel bad for him if he wasn’t making a million bucks.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You get the feeling teams have told the Suns they want to get a look at Stix

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great to see the starters get a lot of rest here.

Smith not exactly shining right now.

Payton... there are not words for how awful he is playing.

But man, did the other 8 guys in the main rotation play great tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Payton only had 2 points but what is worse is he had ZERO assists and 3 turnovers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Our deep bench showed how far they are from being in GS’s class tonight with that putrid 4th quarter. 10 pts and let up 29. Yeeech.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Try to keep from thinking about a situation in the post season where due to some unforeseeable circumstances, we have to go with a backcourt of Shamet and Payton for an extended period.

It does make me question James Jones' judgment if (heaven forbid) that comes to pass.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If this doesn't show the Suns need another point guard, I don't know what does.
This is what I have been saying for quite a while now. We do have another one. His name is Cam Payne, but we really need a pg or a truly effective combo guard. I would even take Jevon Carter back right now. His pg skills are lacking but he plays really hard and can knock down a shot or two.

If we had Carter or even Shamet, we could at least run point Book for a few minutes a game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I have been saying for quite a while now. We do have another one. His name is Cam Payne, but we really need a pg or a truly effective combo guard. I would even take Jevon Carter back right now. His pg skills are lacking but he plays really hard and can knock down a shot or two.

If we had Carter or even Shamet, we could at least run point Book for a few minutes a game.

The Suns need a third point guard behind Payne so Paul and Booker can get some rest. Shamet might help but he is more a shooting guard.

Payton doesn't resemble the player who previously played for the Suns.

If I were James Jones finding a replacement for Payton would be a high priority item. I'm not sure why Wanamaker wasn't added on a 10-day contract.

Regardless of who or how, the Suns need to fix the problem unless they want to put up more 10 point quarters.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Last time I went to Phoenix @ Washington game, we lost in two OTs. This trip was much more pleasant! Well, the first three quarters, anyway. Fourth quarter really showed that the Suns need an extra point guard.

I was sitting relatively close to the Suns bench, and it was really interesting to watch the bench. CP3 is coaching the entire time. He never stops talking to other guys, pointing to certain spots on the court, and explaining things. Bridges, Ayton, and Johnson are having fun the entire time. They talk, laugh, cheer- it was really nice to see. It's one of those things you don't get to see on TV. Booker must have signed a dozen jerseys/ shirts for little kids, which was also really nice to see.

Another great thing was seeing so many Suns fans. I swear that there was at least one Suns jersey/ shirt for every two Washington ones.

Not gonna lie, seeing them in person made me really wish I lived closer so I can see them more often.

Great game, but that fourth quarter was unacceptable. Jones has got to get another point/ combo guard that's better than Payton.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose