Suns with 19 back to back games, just 4 nationally televised games

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Phoenix Suns 2012-13 schedule released

Posted by Ryan Weisert on July 26th, 9:07 pm

The Phoenix Suns’ 2012-13 schedule was released today. For the Suns, this season will be about new faces in old uniforms and old faces in new uniforms. This new-look team will have to find its identity quickly if it wants to contend in the always stacked Western Conference. They’re going to run into some familiar faces along the way. Here are the schedule highlights (and lowlights depending on how you feel about a certain Canadian wearing purple and gold.)

• The Suns open the season on Halloween night at home against the Golden State Warriors.
  • Phoenix will play against Steve Nash for the first time in Los Angeles on November 18th. Nash won’t make his return to Phoenix until January 30th however. That game will be shown on ESPN.
  • The Suns will visit Grant Hill and the Clippers for the first time on December 8th. Grant will make a return trip to the desert two days before Christmas.
  • Former Rockets Goran Dragic and Luis Scola won’t have Houston homecoming until March 9th. It’s not likely to be much of a reunion, however, as the Rockets seem to have changed everything about their franchise except the name of the arena. The Suns and Rockets will play each other four times in the last five weeks of the season.
  • The Suns will host Eric Gordon, #1 pick Anthony Davis, and possibly Robin Lopez/Hakim Warrick on November 23rd. It will be interesting to see the reaction that Gordon gets in Phoenix, especially after announcing that the Suns were his preferred landing spot this offseason.
  • The Suns’ road schedule isn’t awful. They’ll have only one road trip longer than four games. That is a six-games-in-ten-days stretch beginning in late November where Phoenix will visit Philadelphia, Cleveland, Detroit, Toronto, New York, and Memphis.
  • The Suns will visit Brooklyn for the first time on January 11th.
  • Phoenix has 19 back-to-backs this year. And although there won’t be any back-to-back-to-backs, the Suns will play four games in five nights twice in the month of January.
  • The Champion Miami Heat will come to Phoenix for the first time since the 2010-11 season on November 17th.
  • The Suns will play the Western Conference Champion Oklahoma City Thunder four times including a home-and-home February 8th and 10th. They will play the Thunder on New Year’s Eve for the second consecutive year.
  • Phoenix will play each of their Pacific Division counterparts four times. They will play every other Western team at least three times and every Eastern team twice.
  • The Suns will be on TNT twice. They’ll host the Dallas Mavericks on December 6th, and Chris Paul and the Clippers on January 24th.
  • ESPN will broadcast the Suns only once (for Nash’s return). NBATV will show two Suns’ games. The first is a clash at home against the Lin-less Knicks the day after Christmas. The second is late-season matchup with the Indiana Pacers. Amazingly, all the Suns’ nationally televised games will be at home.

How Phoenix’s season will turn out is something we’ll discuss at length in the coming months. For now, the release of the schedule brings hope to hoops fans that the dog days of summer (and having nothing to watch but baseball) are nearly over. The NBA’s return is just around the corner.

Read more: http://valleyofthesuns.com/2012/07/26/phoenix-suns-2012-13-schedule/#ixzz21nzgDvha
If you wanna know the entire schedule, feel free to check out that link. In the mean time, we have 19 back to back games in a non shortened season...:p and the supposedly "favorites in the West" Lakers have 9....:mad:

What a joke! If the Lakers are so much better than the Suns, shouldn't they have a harder schedule then? :confused:

Suns with 4 nationally televised games and here's the list showing which teams got the most.

Teams with most games on TNT, ESPN, ABC or NBATV.

1. 32 (Knicks)
2. 31 (Heat)
3. 30 (Clippers, Thunder)
5. 28 (Lakers)
6. 26 (Bulls, Celtics)
8. 24 (Mavs, Spurs)
10. 17 (Nets, Nuggets)
12. 15 (Grizzlies, Jazz, Warriors)
15. 14 (Blazers)
16. 13 (Wolves)
17. 12 (Pacers)
18. 11 (Sixers)
19. 7 (Hornets)
20. 6 (Hawks, Magic, Rockets, Suns)
24. 4 (Cavs, Kings)
26. 3 (Bucks, Pistons, Wizards)
29. 2 (Bobcats, Raptors)

Excluding NBATV:
1. 25 (Heat, Knicks, Thunder)
4. 24 (Lakers)
5. 23 (Clippers)
6. 19 (Bulls, Celtics)
8. 17 (Mavericks)
9. 16 (Spurs)
10. 12 (Nets, Nuggets)
12. 8 (Grizzlies, Blazers)
14. 7 (Pacers, Sixers, Warriors)
17. 6 (Jazz, Wolves)
19. 4 (Suns)
20. 3 (Hawks)
21. 2 (Hornets, Magic, Pistons, Rockets)
25. 1 (Bucks, Cavs, Wizards)
28. 0 (Bobcats, Kings, Raptors)
Really don't understand how teams like the Nuggets, Blazers, Jazz, Warriors have more games than us...national tv games are usuall about stardom, do they really have a lot more star players than us? Portland I can maybe understand with LaMarcus Aldridge but is Lawson that much better than Dragic? What the hell do the Warriors have, considering that Curry and Bogut are gonna be injured for most of the season! The Jazz?? Really now? Who's their star player, Al Jefferson? :p

Ugh :(

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think most people (outside of this board) expect the Suns to be an ~30 win team, and we have no star power.

Thats why we wont be on TV much.

As for the bajillion back to backs... no clue. Bad luck I guess, or I should say "Suns luck".

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think most people (outside of this board) expect the Suns to be an ~30 win team, and we have no star power.

Thats why we wont be on TV much.

As for the bajillion back to backs... no clue. Bad luck I guess, or I should say "Suns luck".
Or you can say "Stern luck" :D

This reminds me of the 2010 team. Everyone wrote us off saying we're gonna finish last and our schedule was brutal similar to this but we pulled through and surprised everyone.

Hopefully we can do the same again :)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont know what this Suns team reminds me of. Since I started watching basketball (about 89) this is the first time the Suns will begin a season without an all-star caliber player on their roster.

Its going to be an odd year, and I dont think our team at the end of the season will look like they did at the start. If they are out of the hunt they will probably blow up the roster furter. If they are in the playoff hunt they will probably attempt a trade for a bigger name player.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Still amazing. The Suns went from 25 nationally televised games last year with Nash, to 6 without him :eek: