Suns @ Warriors Wednesday game thread 3-30-2022

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poole is a problem. Klay is their third best guard right now.

Steph is Steph but nobody outside their backcourt scares me. Wiggins since the ASG has been a train wreck; 225 points on 217 shots and 28% from 3. He’s the guy we want with the ball in the playoffs.

Yeah Wiggins fell off sharply, Bjelica fell off a cliff. Payton has had a leg injury and got hurt again last night. Moody had a nice run but got hurt and has fallen off. Kuminga seems to have hit a wall. Klay has been amazing considering he missed 2 years but he's shooting 41% and the main reason is bad shot selection but he's also missing open shots. Kerr finally went public and said he needs to take better shots. 5-21 last night was a huge issue for the Warriors.

So without Steph it's really come down to Poole and Wiggins and only Poole is doing it. Unless Steph comes back soon and at peak level I don't see them winning a playoff series.

I was surprised the game was that close but that was with Poole playing out of his mind good and the defense being exceptional, can't do that for a full series I doubt.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draymond was talking so much @#$@#$#@ after the game it's not even funny. Saying how the Suns basically woke them up and kinds of other junk about Crowder. Factor that in with the Wiggins comment before the game basically saying the Suns were not the best team.

This team is living in the Suns dome so to speak. Exactly, what I was alluding to before the game. That played out.

I freaking HATE Draymond.

I thought they were actually joking for the first 20 seconds or so then it became apparent they weren't.

One story says Draymond told him you choked twice, another said Draymond was telling him he's from buckhead not a tough neighborhood or something like that.

Draymond has to get more under control if you want to talk choking Draymonds turnover basically ended the game and he missed 2 layups late in the game too.

I assume Draymond was talking about Crowder hitting him in the head but it was a play on the ball and wasn't nearly as bad as Draymond made it look IMO

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought they were actually joking for the first 20 seconds or so then it became apparent they weren't.

One story says Draymond told him you choked twice, another said Draymond was telling him he's from buckhead not a tough neighborhood or something like that.

Draymond has to get more under control if you want to talk choking Draymonds turnover basically ended the game and he missed 2 layups late in the game too.

I assume Draymond was talking about Crowder hitting him in the head but it was a play on the ball and wasn't nearly as bad as Draymond made it look IMO
He also said they are winning the championship this year. He is basically crapping all over the Suns. I have not seen this much trash talking the team since the Spurs vs Suns days. The Suns better freaking win it. I still have grudge for all that trash talking back then and the Suns not getting a title. If GS wins the title and the Suns don't? Plus, I have to pay up on the stupid bets I made?

Man....I can't even fathom. You all might have to talk me down from a cliff.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He also said they are winning the championship this year. He is basically crapping all over the Suns. I have not seen this much trash talking the team since the Spurs vs Suns days. The Suns better freaking win it. I still have grudge for all that trash talking back then and the Suns not getting a title. If GS wins the title and the Suns don't? Plus, I have to pay up on the stupid bets I made?

Man....I can't even fathom. You all might have to talk me down from a cliff.

the not tough comment about Crowder is just dumb that's literally his biggest asset as a player.

My guess is Draymond was trying to get under his skin but why do it after the game when his team won and you lost?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Warriors and Clips are horrible matchups for the Suns. They both have the length and bodies to check Book. Poole got our number.

I don't understand why anyone is concerned about the Clippers. They're below .500, and George just isn't that big a difference maker, even if he manages to get himself to 100%.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugly game last night. The suns upped the tempo in the 4th which really prevented them from setting up on defense.

Warriors made a mini wall when we tried to dump into ayton. Corners left open but they’re good at closing out, it is the shortest path to close out on.

Ugly but a win is a win.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugly game last night. The suns upped the tempo in the 4th which really prevented them from setting up on defense.

Warriors made a mini wall when we tried to dump into ayton. Corners left open but they’re good at closing out, it is the shortest path to close out on.

Ugly but a win is a win.

Suns need to find a way to pass over the wall because Ayton is not driving through it. He needs to catch more of those passes.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Yeah Wiggins fell off sharply, Bjelica fell off a cliff. Payton has had a leg injury and got hurt again last night. Moody had a nice run but got hurt and has fallen off. Kuminga seems to have hit a wall. Klay has been amazing considering he missed 2 years but he's shooting 41% and the main reason is bad shot selection but he's also missing open shots. Kerr finally went public and said he needs to take better shots. 5-21 last night was a huge issue for the Warriors.

So without Steph it's really come down to Poole and Wiggins and only Poole is doing it. Unless Steph comes back soon and at peak level I don't see them winning a playoff series.

I was surprised the game was that close but that was with Poole playing out of his mind good and the defense being exceptional, can't do that for a full series I doubt.

Bjelica doesn’t move or look like an NBA player. I’m glad Kerr has such a short leash with young players cause Kuminga is capable of making a difference with his athleticism.

Even though Wiseman may just be mediocre when healthy it will still hurt not have that body against Jokic, Gobert and Ayton.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bjelica doesn’t move or look like an NBA player. I’m glad Kerr has such a short leash with young players cause Kuminga is capable of making a difference with his athleticism.

Even though Wiseman may just be mediocre when healthy it will still hurt not have that body against Jokic, Gobert and Ayton.

It was puzzling Kuminga only played 5 minutes.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the not tough comment about Crowder is just dumb that's literally his biggest asset as a player.

My guess is Draymond was trying to get under his skin but why do it after the game when his team won and you lost?
Because it was the other way around. Crowder had gotten under Draymond's skin. Dray was frustrated.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bjelica has some chronic back injury. When they signed him he looked really good, spaces the floor good passer etc but then he got hurt and now it's become apparent why he was available. I don't know exactly what it is but he's had a series of minor injuries that are apparently all connected to the back. So he moves really stiff and upright and it's because of the back. He was a big reason not getting Wiseman back this year was a blow Bjelica is playing so poorly that they really needed a new big as you said.

Kuminga has been playing more I think recently he hit a bit of a wall and his defense has been problematic teams are attacking him more. So my guess is Kerr was afraid Phoenix would exploit him.

I can see next year if Wiseman is healthy, Kuminga more experienced, poole a year older etc the young group could really be good the problem is Steph and Klay and Draymond will all be a year older.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Draymond was talking so much @#$@#$#@ after the game it's not even funny. Saying how the Suns basically woke them up and kinds of other junk about Crowder. Factor that in with the Wiggins comment before the game basically saying the Suns were not the best team.

This team is living in the Suns dome so to speak. Exactly, what I was alluding to before the game. That played out.

I freaking HATE Draymond.
Agreed. I just wish Ayton would posterize him and then put a finger to his lips to shush him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone is concerned about the Clippers. They're below .500, and George just isn't that big a difference maker, even if he manages to get himself to 100%.
The under .500 should be ignored because George is that big a difference maker. I think that’s a weird take by you considering how they played us last year in the playoffs.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The under .500 should be ignored because George is that big a difference maker. I think that’s a weird take by you considering how they played us last year in the playoffs.
In that series, the Clippers got a huge contribution from Beverly, a solid one from Rondo, and even some impactful flashes from Cousins. All of those players are now gone. They got worse this year, and their record shows it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
In that series, the Clippers got a huge contribution from Beverly, a solid one from Rondo, and even some impactful flashes from Cousins. All of those players are now gone. They got worse this year, and their record shows it.
While I don’t disagree with you, I find it funny that you . . .

Dismiss:
George who put up 29/11/6

And

Play up:
Beverly who put up 6/4/2
Rondo who put 5/2/4 in the 3 games he played
Cousins who put up 10/1/1 in the 5 games he played

Cmon man. Even adding them up it’s 21/7/7 and they needed three playing slots to get there.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How does their record show that they got worse? They had Leonard last year until the last two games of the Jazz series.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think anytime you have George they are a threat. I think though they lost too many players from last year to be the same team overall. George is one of those players though that can steal you a game or two. Are they better? Not sure. Seems like a push at least to me.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
While I don’t disagree with you, I find it funny that you . . .

Dismiss:
George who put up 29/11/6

And

Play up:
Beverly who put up 6/4/2
Rondo who put 5/2/4 in the 3 games he played
Cousins who put up 10/1/1 in the 5 games he played

Cmon man. Even adding them up it’s 21/7/7 and they needed three playing slots to get there.
Huh? I'm not "dismissing" George. He played well and they lost. If he plays well again, the rest of the team will have to do better.

I don't think George elevates a .500 team to a title contender. I doubt that too many people who follow the NBA closely would disagree with me.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I mean, this is pretty dismissive, no?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Huh? I'm not "dismissing" George. He played well and they lost. If he plays well again, the rest of the team will have to do better.

I don't think George elevates a .500 team to a title contender. I doubt that too many people who follow the NBA closely would disagree with me.
But they don’t have to be a title contender to knock out a title contender. They just need to be talented enough to get hot at the right time and have a little luck b

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I mean, this is pretty dismissive, no?
I don't understand what your problem is. As I wrote in the next post, I don't think George elevates a .500 team to a contender. If you want to call that "dismissive," that's your prerogative.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
To be fair that isn't saying that he isn't A diference maker, just that he isn't enough of one to turn the current team into a contender.

Thanks for clarifying what I assume was already abundantly clear to everyone without an Ouchie-Z-Cheese beef against me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose