Suns @ Warriors Monday game thread 3-13-2023

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
13-4 with cam and bridges, 9-2 in the run up to the trade.

The problem was health.
You can keep saying this but one nice stretch, doesn’t change the fact that this team didn’t have enough dynamic playmakers to win a title.

If you really believe a Booker/Bridges one two punch was going to win the title, I think you’re out of your mind. That’s easily the weakest 1-2, neither one of them elite scorers and creators and the worst 1-2 combo out of all the serious playoff contenders. AND we’d still be small and tissue paper soft.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we couldn't keep Mikal, we needed to keep Cam. Our role 3pt shooters are not threatening outside of maybe Ross. But inserting Ross gives everything back and them some on the defensive end.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the fact that you guys are lamenting the fact that suns had to throw in THE MAIN PIECE OF THE TRADE to land KD.

I guess you weren’t watching those crops DIE a humiliating death this year and wilt with a mediocre 33-29 record this year.

You guys are ridiculous practically calling this year and future Suns teams favorites for the title when that was far from the case.

And you guys are watching the Suns sink in the West.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can keep saying this but one nice stretch, doesn’t change the fact that this team didn’t have enough dynamic playmakers to win a title.

If you really believe a Booker/Bridges one two punch was going to win the title, I think you’re out of your mind. That’s easily the weakest 1-2, neither one of them elite scorers and creators and the worst 1-2 combo out of all the serious playoff contenders. AND we’d still be small and tissue paper soft.
There is a wide gulf between being content with what we had and blowing every trade asset we have for a player exacerbated our main problem.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
13-4 with cam and bridges, 9-2 in the run up to the trade.

The problem was health.
Also, let’s break down that incredible 9-2 run you keep touting as proof positive of an upcoming title run.

The beat Detroit, a KD-Less Brooklyn 2X, Charlotte, Toronto, Memphis, San Antonio in OT.

Meanwhile we once again lost to Dallas
And got absolutely ANNIHILATED by Atlanta as usual.

In other words, they got fat on a cushy schedule like they did at the beginning of the season, and beat a Memphis team starting to completely unravel.

Hardly anything to extrapolate a serious run from considering how many times we saw the Booker/Bridges/Ayton crew get annihilated when they played anyone with a pulse when the schedule was tougher… and still saw happen against a hapless Hawks team.

I think you’re pining over fool’s gold.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a wide gulf between being content with what we had and blowing every trade asset we have for a player exacerbated our main problem.
Our main problem was we didn’t have a number 1 superstar player needed to win a title. They tried to get one. Remains to be seen if he’s ever healthy enough to get us there but your fool’s gold of a Booker/Bridges 1-2 punch was never getting this team anywhere.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Also, let’s break down that incredible 9-2 run you keep touting as proof positive of an upcoming title run.

The beat Detroit, a KD-Less Brooklyn 2X, Charlotte, Toronto, Memphis, San Antonio in OT.

In other words, they got fat on a cushy schedule like they did at the beginning of the season, and beat a Memphis team starting to completely unravel.

Hardly anything to extrapolate a serious run from considering how many times we saw the Booker/Bridges/Ayton crew get annihilated when they played anyone with a pulse when the schedule was tougher… and still saw happen against a hapless Hawks team.

@ Boston was a good win.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They also beat a healthy Boston in Boston... convenient to omit that one.

Furthermore, I know you hate when you feel like people put words in mouths to make fake arguments... where am I saying there is "proof positive of an upcoming title run"?

I'm saying they were in the mix, which they were. With how Memphis is playing, the pre-trade Suns had a real shot at the 2 seed, certainly the 3. I like that team's chances as a 2 seed to make a deep run more than this team's odds as a 5th or lower.

Fools gold, when it comes to these subjective views, is in the eye of the beholder.

That team was certainly a helluva lot better than the one I saw on the floor tonight.

As for if Bridges and Booker could have ever gotten us there... I dunno, they already got close once, both players have improved every year of their careers. I know we also had a lot of assets to try and add onto that core and extend their window.

I just hope KD comes back soon, I think we'lll all feel better if he can get out on the court and stay there.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They also beat a healthy Boston in Boston... convenient to omit that one.

Furthermore, I know you hate when you feel like people put words in mouths to make fake arguments... where am I saying there is "proof positive of an upcoming title run"?

I'm saying they were in the mix, which they were. With how Memphis is playing, the pre-trade Suns had a real shot at the 2 seed, certainly the 3. I like that team's chances as a 2 seed to make a deep run more than this team's odds as a 5th or lower.

Fools gold, when it comes to these subjective views, is in the eye of the beholder.

That team was certainly a helluva lot better than the one I saw on the floor tonight.

As for if Bridges and Booker could have ever gotten us there... I dunno, they already got close once, both players have improved every year of their careers. I know we also had a lot of assets to try and add onto that core and extend their window.

I just hope KD comes back soon, I think we'lll all feel better if he can get out on the court and stay there.
I think everyone’s in a panic because KD isn’t playing. Amazing how quickly y’all forgot the 3-0 stretch where he and book looked unstoppable.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This

And I even saw posts in here discussing what we could get for KD
Yeah but I think that was an effort to justify the trade, not the other way around. I believe the point was he'd still have significant trade value in a year or two.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bit chicken little.

I see the Suns with a three game losing streak and not a lot of quality depth. Do you see both Craig and Okogoe as starters?

Maybe one not both.

Also, how do you feel about Wainright as a rotation player? I like Wainright but he is a deep bench player if that.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How are we supposed to fix it next year?

we are cap locked. Okogie is almost certainly gone next season, if anything I think our roster will be worse next year.
If DA doesn't show up for the playoffs trading him is how we can improve and recoup some of those picks.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now, all we need to do is find another aging superstar on a bad contract that fits.

God this is so depressingly true. If DA is dealt for LeBron and Bronnie's draft rights then ill have a hard time admitting I'm a Suns fan.

Who else might fit the mold, Kawhi? Either way, Ayton might want to start looking at real estate in Los Angeles.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
God this is so depressingly true. If DA is dealt for LeBron and Bronnie's draft rights then ill have a hard time admitting I'm a Suns fan.

Who else might fit the mold, Kawhi? Either way, Ayton might want to start looking at real estate in Los Angeles.

I guess it all means, be careful what you wish for.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it all means, be careful what you wish for.

I'm for Ayton being dealt but if last off-season was any indication, his value isn't very high around the league. We aren't going to get another starting Center, a replacement for CP3, and depth for him alone and he's basically the only asset we have outside of Booker.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm for Ayton being dealt but if last off-season was any indication, his value isn't very high around the league. We aren't going to get another starting Center, a replacement for CP3, and depth for him alone and he's basically the only asset we have outside of Booker.

It kind of reminds me of the lyrics in an Abba song, "No more ace to play."

I wish the Suns had taken a different path.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose