Suns vs Kings

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Errntknght
'Smiling Frank' is no help and probably never will be - it's got to have dawned on the players by now that he's a doofus. Sheesh, it's got to be embarrassing for them to have their coach going nuts on the sidelines all the time, trying to direct the show almost constantly - if they paid much attention to him they'd be lost as to what was happening on the floor. The funny part of it is that FJ said he was installing the motion offense because he didn't want to be calling plays all the time. A nice sedate signal when the team needed it would be a welcome relief from his frantic gesticulations. Shades of Danny Ainge...

I'm not a big FJ fan either, but he agreed to a good staff and he's learning. It's kinda like the young players need the vets. Maybe some day he'll be a real coach.;)

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was a matter of matchups and outside shooting more than anything. If Divac had played last night it could have and probably would have been much different. I'm not saying they would have lost, but at least it would have been closer.

The Suns packed the middle on defense and Sacramento couldn't hit there are open outside shots. The other night against Golden State the Warriors were hitting everything from outside. Last night the Suns were making a lot of their shots. The other night against Golden State they missed a lot of midrange and outside shots.

The Golden State Warriors have several big guys who can really hit the boards. He had a terrible time keeping Foyle away from the basket, but he was able to push Keon Clark around.

Last night's win was a nice surprise. I don't think many of us predicted it. I don't feel like going back and looking at the series records over the last couple years, but it seems like the Suns have not been especially strong against the Kings. They also have not been strong against Minnesota or Golden State. However they have played San Antonio and Portland well. Like I said I think it has more to do with matchups than not getting up for weaker teams.

Joe Mama

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Penny is not starting right now because Joe Johnson plays very solid and pretty well consistantly.

I mean in recent weeks after the allstar game it sure looked like Joe Johnson was more productive than Shawn Marion in many games but simply got less opportunities.

Afterall he is shooting 50% from behind the arc since the allstar break and takes more than 3 3's per contest. Funny though his FG% is worse than that and his FT% is down to 58% since the allstar break while it was close to 90% before. The whole team needs to work on their freethrows.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Did any of you guys hear that REALLY annoying female fan?

My girlfriend and I were watching the game and she wouldn't shut up. She was a very obnoxious Kings fan.....

OP
OP
JS22

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score

I posted about that but somehow it dissapeared. VERY ANNOYING INDEED. :eek:

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I thought that was a kid all game it was realy pissing me off.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Finally got to see a game after a long time between national telecasts. Awesome.

That team looked so good last night. And for once you could see a plan on defence and it actually worked. Had the Kings been hitting their outside shots, obviously we would have to compensate, but I dont care how deadly a team is, make em drain it from outside before giving up the middle.

Voskhul was great. Penny passes like a freaking stud His passes downloaw were incredible. Did someone put a bug in Marion's ear? In the third he went off and it was an amazing thing to see. And even though, I still think he looks exhausted. He needs a full off season for a change. arbury was incredible. Carrying the team offensively in the first half and having the smarts to back off in the second when others got hot. He's just smart like that, and it will help us immeasurably.

Joe Johnson looks so sweet when he shoots. I wish he would continue to get more consiustent, cause he a legit starting 2 if he does. Amare needs to add to his moves, the spin move is cool, but he needs to add a pump fake to the end of it or something. The Kings were all over every one of his atempts, but his energy was great and I cant wait to see him next year and the year after that.

Great night to be a Suns fan.

JJ Slim

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain

My girlfriend and I were watching the game and she wouldn't shut up. She was a very obnoxious Kings fan.....

I kept saying that somebody needed to shove something in her mouth. It was very obvious she was a Kings fan. I bet she thought it was pretty cool how she knew all the Kings players names and that it was Jackson's b-day. :rolleyes:

In the first half I was hoping she lost her voice from all the screaming. She seemed to quiet down after the half but then when it became obvious that the Kings might actually lose she started up again. One thing I heard her scream was something like, "What the hell is this?".

JJ Slim

Registered
Reaction score
I could be wrong but isn't this like the fourth time the Suns have been on national TV (ESPN or TNT) and they have won them all.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They lost at least one. I remember getting pi$$ed and shutting it off...

Although that could have been early in the season when DirecTV did a freeview on the league pass, so that wouldnt have been a national game... I digress. Ignore this entire post. heh.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
at the game in the little books they handed out they said that before the kings victory...the suns were 4-0 on nat. tv. and 2-0 on tnt.