Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think all this official mess goes away IF they change how challenges are used. Currently its one and done which sucks because from i have seen, calls are more obviously wrong in the first half but you're reluctant to use your challenge since its your only one.

Make it: If you win, you keep it for another time. 2 uses max, 3 would make a lot of errors be righted.

I say keep the challenges until the coach is proved wrong.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
***** time

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
***** time

That would be HUGE. I am much more confident getting at least 3 wins in the last 7 with him back if need be. If we can pick up a win or two in the next 3 until then? That would be fantastic and take some pressure off.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That would be HUGE. I am much more confident getting at least 3 wins in the last 7 with him back if need be. If we can pick up a win or two in the next 3 until then? That would be fantastic and take some pressure off.

If he is playing we sure as **** better win way more than 3 of 7.

With him on the court we should be favored in each of those remaining 7.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he is playing we sure as **** better win way more than 3 of 7.

With him on the court we should be favored in each of those remaining 7.
I am trying to keep myself grounded. We need at least 3 wins in the last 10 IMO minimum. I am also assuming they limit his minutes again.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we can't get 3 out of 7 with him back, we might as well just miss the playoffs.

Quite frankly I will be mad if we lose any games with him back.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we can't get 3 out of 7 with him back, we might as well just miss the playoffs.

Quite frankly I will be mad if we lose any games with him back.
Trying not to get overly excited and I can see them limiting his minutes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This may have already been mentioned.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It doesn't do any good to complain about the officiating, but I wonder if the Suns ever bring in referees to officiate practices.

If don't, they should. The Suns need to get to the bottom of why they are called for so many fouls.

Giving my 2 cents, one of the problems is the Suns often provide an open freeway to their basket.

The Suns have a familiar problem of not being able to guard the basket. If they do, they allow open 3-point shots. Every opponent knows it since the Dallas playoff series.

Oh it’s def does good to complain about officials. Pop and Phil used to do it regularly

Since that game where Lebron threw himself on the floor in a tantrum the lakers are number 1 in calls

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh it’s def does good to complain about officials. Pop and Phil used to do it regularly

Since that game where Lebron threw himself on the floor in a tantrum the lakers are number 1 in calls
Nonsense. I've been complaining about officials for years and it hasn't done a bit of good.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Nets said that the deal they got was the deal they asked for in the summer, we were widely reported to be unwilling to part with Bridges.

The Celtics also said they were not willing to give up Brown.

And even if Brown got dangled in the Summer, Brown isn't worth near what we gave up in total and it would have been after another year of Nets total dysfunction and Durant injuries.

It is hard to write a scenario where their asking price in the summer could sniff what it was last summer, we foolishly met the price we could have had him for previously, despite an obvious depreciation of value and desperation for Brooklyn.
Except it was never just brown, so that argument holds zero water.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Which package do you think held more value, the Celtics alleged package or the package we gave up?
Jaylen is going to be eligible for the super max if he makes all-nba this year which looks like it’s going to happen. A year ago I would’ve taken the Celtics package but right now I’d take the Suns deal.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Which package do you think held more value, the Celtics alleged package or the package we gave up?
Last summer, and even pre/trade deadline I think the Celtics deal looked superior. You just can’t do better than a star in a deal. White and cam johnson (especially on n expiring deal) are a wash. Obviously suns were going to give up more picks but I’m still not convinced those aren’t going to be in the 20s, late teens. And brown ws vastly superior to bridges. Post trade bridges has closed that gap, but brown is still the better player. It’s close now.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't like being down to the wire when it comes to making the playoffs but that's where we're at. Need KD to come back, and stay healthy, to avoid falling to the play in round.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't like being down to the wire when it comes to making the playoffs but that's where we're at. Need KD to come back, and stay healthy, to avoid falling to the play in round.

I think 2 more wins gets us play in, 3 wins gets us a regular playoff spot assuming everybody plays to their current win%.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need to have some feel good stuff. How about this from a Devin Booker trading card collector?

I always felt like there are some grown adults who also deserve some player/fan treatment. Some of us grew up not wealthy enough or in the vicinity to not travel and afford games as a child. Heck even as an adult I still can't afford it LOL

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We need to have some feel good stuff. How about this from a Devin Booker trading card collector?

Yeah he’s really good friends with Michael Rubin. That’s why the DBook hate is weird to me. He seems like a good dude, just extremely competitive on the court. I mean he won the community assist award 2 years ago.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always felt like there are some grown adults who also deserve some player/fan treatment. Some of us grew up not wealthy enough or in the vicinity to not travel and afford games as a child. Heck even as an adult I still can't afford it LOL

I got a heaping dose of player/fan treatment many years ago when the Suns used to open practice free to the public and one could sit close to the players, coaches and their family.

Also, I attended every draft in Phoenix.

Those are bonds that are not easily forgotten and is a huge reason I am a Suns fan today.