Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I will gladly acknowledge that if Cam can actually stay in the 220-225 range, our problem at power forward is likely solved, and what we then need is a small forward to back up Bridges.

I still have my doubts that Cam can hold the weight, though.

We'll be fine since Cam can still play there, Nader is decent, and I believe Booker will see some time there also while playing alongside Shamet. SF won't be an issue unless Mikal gets hurt. Depth isn't an issue there or at SG.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns even have Chandler Hutchison on a two-way contract who plays small forward. If given the right opportunity I think the Suns should strengthen the 4 position unless Jalen Smith makes dramatic progress.

Filling the 15th roster spot might come down to need or BPA.

1Sun

Banned
Reaction score
We'll be fine since Cam can still play there, Nader is decent, and I believe Booker will see some time there also while playing alongside Shamet. SF won't be an issue unless Mikal gets hurt. Depth isn't an issue there or at SG.

We need more than a three-man rotation at the two forward spots, especially if someone gets hurt, and Nader is a borderline NBA player. Playing Booker, at 6'5", at small forward is asking for trouble in my opinion.

I think we are looking okay at the guard spots and at Center.

We need another piece at one of the forward spots, depending on whether Cam ends up being the size of a 2/3 or a 3/4.

Really, what it comes down to is that we still need a replacement for Torrey Craig.

95pro

Registered
Reaction score
Smith and Cam give us some flexibility. One is more of a banger and one is more stretch

1Sun

Banned
Reaction score
Smith and Cam give us some flexibility. One is more of a banger and one is more stretch

Smith gives us nothing. He is still at least 2-3 years away from being an NBA player, if he ever becomes one.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul becomes an investor in a food company reportedly focused on healthier foods.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought all my kids and grandkids tix to the Grizzlies game the week after Christmas as a present. There'll be 8 of us. The world will tilt on its axis slightly from Albuquerque to Phoenix. My credit card will likely melt down in the team shop.

Go Suns!

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just bought all my kids and grandkids tix to the Grizzlies game the week after Christmas as a present. There'll be 8 of us. The world will tilt on its axis slightly from Albuquerque to Phoenix. My credit card will likely melt down in the team shop.

Go Suns!

That's awesome. You picked a solid game also, Memphis is a team on the rise and seeing Ja Morant should be fun. It's crazy how much different freak athletes look in person compared to television and he's one of those guys who just finds a way to be effective. Hopefully he doesn't play too well though.

Yuma

Working from home. Missing my free coffee!
Reaction score
He is going to be solid this season.
I was stuck up by the Bay Area and watched ALL the Golden State games when McGee was there. I know he showed up on Shaqtin a Fool a lot, but watching him play, he's always been a solid player. Sometimes he goes on a hot shot block streak, like shooting guards do making baskets. McGee would sometimes have 2-3 trips down the floor with blocks on each trip.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker donates $100,000 to local Girls Scouts.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media