Suns updates and discussion for the 2020-21 season

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it too late to sign Nash to contract for the remainder of the playoffs?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who would consider this team the greatest suns team ever?

I know 93 sticks with a lot of us, but is it too soon to crown the greatest team/season the suns have had?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know 93 sticks with a lot of us, but is it too soon to crown the greatest team/season the suns have had?

It's too early for me.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love the nash and amare era, but this team would beat them in a 5 or 7 game series.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hmm....

CP3 is a top 3 PG all time with Nash and KJ.

Booker is in the 3-6 range after Walter Davis and Dick Van Arsdale. He is in the Westphal, Marjele, Hornacek range right now (I like him above those guys but it's debatable)

Ayton is our #1 center already

So I see a strong reasoning that this team has 3 top 5 Suns at their position. I put them right below the 93 team

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the nash and amare era, but this team would beat them in a 5 or 7 game series.

Agree. Now if we were talking the 93 team I have my doubts. With all the rule changes since then? People use to hand check the hell out of Barkley and lower their shoulder when defending him. All crap that is considered a foul now. A Barkley in his prime would have had a field day in this NBA and he was already a HOF player. It's hard to compare eras though.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score

Yes. Too soon. We're like 9 tenths done with 1 tenth to go.

Game of Thrones was great 9 tenths of the way, and then they gave the Throne to Brann...
'Signs' was great and then Mel told Joaquin to "swing away"...
Then there's 'Lost'...
Battlestar Galactica...
Superman, the one where he turns back time by making the earth spin backwards...

Point is, you should probably wait to see what the last tenth has in store before we make a decision.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
I want to know what was wrong with the Battlestar Galactica ending.
Ugh... so much.

Hated the abandon "evil" technology, only to have their future generations do the same thing.
Starbuck was, I don't know, an angel!?! I mean what the...?
The "other" Baltar and the "other" Six were messengers from the future... seriously?
The Final Five Cylons was beyond the stretch. Saul Tigh a cylon? Too much.

Before all that nonsense, one of the coolest series I've ever seen.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Ugh... so much.

Hated the abandon "evil" technology, only to have their future generations do the same thing.
The "other" Baltar and the "other" Six were messengers from the future... seriously?

I loved the series and I'm going to have to watch it again as I don't remember most of that! :p It's been a while.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't even want to think about next season yet. However, after seeing what CP3 and Crowder's decisions to join the team have meant? Can you imagine if we start getting a regular diet of players who want to come here via trade or free agency? Can you imagine if the Suns from here on out get a chance to field some "super teams" knowing that we have young core in Booker, Ayton plus CP3 for a bit???

I mean if teams like the Nets etc. can do it....maybe we can?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't even want to think about next season yet. However, after seeing what CP3 and Crowder's decisions to join the team have meant? Can you imagine if we start getting a regular diet of players who want to come here via trade or free agency? Can you imagine if the Suns from here on out get a chance to field some "super teams" knowing that we have young core in Booker, Ayton plus CP3 for a bit???

I mean if teams like the Nets etc. can do it....maybe we can?
I suspect we will have an opportunity or two to add a nice piece this offseason.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect we will have an opportunity or two to add a nice piece this offseason.

and if we're in the running again next season, I suspect we'll be a very attractive destination for buyout players.

I'll assume the people who were in an uproar about those type of guys going to the Nets/Lakers for minimum and demanding league changes for buyouts will be for us as well if that happens.:mrgreen:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh... so much.

Saul's wife... HELEN?! That entire last season was an abomination... which was a shame because the rest of the show was downright amazing.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and if we're in the running again next season, I suspect we'll be a very attractive destination for buyout players.

I'll assume the people who were in an uproar about those type of guys going to the Nets/Lakers for minimum and demanding league changes for buyouts will be for us as well if that happens.:mrgreen:

I think we lucked out this year with some of our bench signings. Guys like Galloway and Etwaun Moore could have signed elsewhere and been rotation players. We just dont have any size. So seeing Aldridge, Boogie, Blake, and Dieng all sign elsewhere was off putting. Turns out we've done well. Hopefully we can add a legit backup C this offseason though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA