Suns updates and discussion for the 2020-21 season

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Chris Paul is on the floor and we are the victims of an 0-10 run, how much trust do you want to put on him?

Steve disagreed, but if you read the game threads the vast majority of the timeout complaints were because of bad runs that lasted longer than they should have. It hurt us in several of our playoff losses.
Yeah, I disagreed because you made a very specific yet broad comment that IMO was inaccurate. It wasn't about the situation you're currently talking about though. If I missed earlier context that created the confusion between your post and mine, sorry, but like I said I was just talking about what you said in that particular post.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Regardless of whether you think Flex has intel or just peddles basic ideas:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think he has all the bases covered.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flex has learned how not to talk himself into a corner. No matter what happens he can claim he knew all along.

When the "inside information" revealed can lead to literally any possible outcome, its not worth paying attention to.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I find interesting is the Suns have not officially signed JaVale McGee.

Of course the Suns are not going to change their mind but might they be leaving some financial flexibility to sign another player using the MLE.

McGee might sign for slightly less than $5 million or they might decide to spread out his salary over a couple of seasons for slightly more money.

Yuma

Working from home. Missing my free coffee!
Reaction score
What I find interesting is the Suns have not officially signed JaVale McGee.

Of course the Suns are not going to change their mind but might they be leaving some financial flexibility to sign another player using the MLE.

McGee might sign for slightly less than $5 million or they might decide to spread out his salary over a couple of seasons for slightly more money.
Signed!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In classic Flex fashion.

Package of Stix, Saric likely.

It could be for Love.

It could be for Nance Jr.

It could be for Young.

Then again...we could just keep Stix.

:lmao:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In classic Flex fashion.

Package of Stix, Saric likely.

It could be for Love.

It could be for Nance Jr.

It could be for Young.

Then again...we could just keep Stix.

:lmao:
Yeah but you can only report what your sources tell you. If they say we absolutely might do something unless we decide to do something else or nothing at all, you have to get that scoop to your audience. It would have carried more weight though if he'd said "this just in on the high speed sports wire".

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but you can only report what your sources tell you. If they say we absolutely might do something unless we decide to do something else or nothing at all, you have to get that scoop to your audience. It would have carried more weight though if he'd said "this just in on the high speed sports wire".

This is what I'm missing... a ticker tape of sports news.

There must be one out there from which twitter relays all their information.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I'm missing... a ticker tape of sports news.

There must be one out there from which twitter relays all their information.
I don't know if you caught it but I was poking fun at a sports personality from Arizona's past. But yeah, we could do with a sports news ticker tape. I used to rely on ESPN for that kind of information but through hard work, diligence, greed and ignorance ESPN taught me to never rely on them for anything.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you caught it but I was poking fun at a sports personality from Arizona's past. But yeah, we could do with a sports news ticker tape. I used to rely on ESPN for that kind of information but through hard work, diligence, greed and ignorance ESPN taught me to never rely on them for anything.

A ticker tape of sports news was my vision of Lee Hacksaw Hamilton's "High Speed Sports Wire."

I can see it now flowing with sports news.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you are missing the point. Been following him for some time. He always posts things covering all his bases because often he is wrong. He has been called out many times for being completely wrong. I think my favorite excuse ever was the time he wrote...well I was right at the time and something changed last minute. After that happened a few times he started posting like he does above.

NOTHING in that post was new. It's stuff we have heard other places and he once again tried to cover ever scenario so he could be right. It's hilarious.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Covert Rain

I'm sure you will enjoy the linked article at the bottom of tweet. It does label some things as "speculation."