Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by Mainstreet, Oct 5, 2019.

1. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

Also, FU Draymond.

All that said, I really don’t like Devin repping Laker stuff During the biggest moments of his career. A LOT of guys were very very close with Kobe. None of them wore his colors while repping their team at the All-Star game. None of them are wearing Laker shirts after the biggest game of their career in the bubble.

Are any of us going to be surprised if he goes to LA when this contract is up to “continue Kobe’s legacy?” He’s already dating a Kardashian so he’s shown he’s got a taste for Hollywood at an early age.

2. Western Font

Western Font Registered

I hope not, especially since the part of Kobe’s legacy I like most is that he was a one-team HOFer.

I do think it’s weird for Booker to wear another team’s logo. There must be other Kobe options out there? Seems very un-self-aware, and obviously not necessary to get professional interest from LAL. But sometimes players just don’t care the same way fans do.

I’ll be disappointed if he leaves period because it’s nice to have such a steal from the draft. But I especially hope we don’t have to go through an AD-type soap opera. The Suns just need to keep focusing on a roster with which he has a legit title shot.

3. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

I would have liked to heard the details leading up to the TJ Warren trade not just the reaction.

For example, the question, did you want to be traded?

4. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

I could be wrong, but it seems like players wear other player's gear more often these days. However, it did seem odd to wear that particular shirt at that time.

I think we should pump the brakes on any concerns of him leaving though. I've only seen positive comments from him about staying in Phx, and he's been through some dark days. The only thing that comes to mind is when he said he's done not making the playoffs, but I didn't take that as he's looking to leave.

5. Mainstreet

I briefly discussed it was another poster and posted a couple of tweets explaining Booker is a big fan of Kobe but I thought there were better ways to respect him than wearing a Lakers shirt.

Another thought, players are all in a bubble in Orlando and probably a lot of team stuff for all the teams is floating around. Maybe the shirt is nothing more than something he saw and liked.

6. cheesebeef

ive been watching a TON of games and I haven’t seen players wearing other team’s gear. And remember, this wasn’t the first time with the All-Star game as well.

7. JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan Registered User

Booker will break our hearts someday. Not talking any more about it now.

8. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

He’s taking notes from Lebron. Keep sending cryptic messages to keep your team on their toes.

BC867 likes this.
  9. Mainstreet

If the Suns do not take the next step this off season or next season's trade deadline, the writing is on the wall.

10. Mainstreet

Has Lebron been wearing any Suns shirts or better yet, Anthony Davis?

11. cheesebeef

fair enough.

12. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

Man you guys are cynical.

Mainstreet likes this.
  13. Mainstreet

It's not happening at the moment but it's like things piling up before an avalanche.

Suns need to fix it now. They have lost a bunch of players because they didn't have any foresight.

BC867 likes this.
  14. cheesebeef

or been backed into a corner and had to give up players because of that lack of foresight.

If they really believe Bridges/Johnson are the future at the 3, they need to be proactive about getting something for Kelly before they lose him for nothing.

15. Mainstreet

It's too early to know if Johnson will be a starter in the league. Johnson doesn't have anything over Oubre in age as they are both 24.

If the Suns are tempted to move Oubre it's more likely that do not want to pay him after next season and Johnson is on a rookie contract.

If the Suns trade Oubre there is a good chance they will get a less talented player in return.