Suns Training Camp 2021

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shortest off season I can remember. Maybe because they where in the finales again or Covid. All the Suns young guys need to improve but did they have the time. I know Mikal was with some NBAers, Ayton came in shape that's huge

Last season felt shorter, although more active for the Suns with the Paul trade and Crowder signing. I followed the bubble until the end, not just the Suns end, and it was super short, even with the delayed start.

I do think the finals trip after such a long time of not even making the playoffs really warped the perception of time this offseason though. I just feel like last offseason felt shorter.

Despite the success I was more anxious for last season than this year. I expect us to do well this year and the regular season is more of a formality. I can't wait to get back to the playoffs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker is back with the team in training camp.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker was vaccinated. He understands the pressure those receive who are unvaccinated.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's unlikely Devin will play in preseason opener against Kings on Monday.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker talking about his return to camp.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You back up those words with action on the floor and we become almost unstoppable, Big Man.

Now let’s see it!
Exactly he has talked big before, but seldom backed it up. I hope things have changed, because he is the key to us actually having a chance to win the title.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly he has talked big before, but seldom backed it up. I hope things have changed, because he is the key to us actually having a chance to win the title.
I dunno if that is entirely fair. He talked last off season about wanting to be a defensive stalwart and he improved dramatically as a defender, easily one of the best defensive bigs in the league.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dunno if that is entirely fair. He talked last off season about wanting to be a defensive stalwart and he improved dramatically as a defender, easily one of the best defensive bigs in the league.

It is fair. He was inconsistent all season. Choosing to show up and play hard some nights and loafing others. He's been more talk than action his whole career. He turned a corner in the playoffs though and played hard every night, for the most part, and didn't make any proclamations.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is fair. He was inconsistent all season. Choosing to show up and play hard some nights and loafing others. He's been more talk than action his whole career. He turned a corner in the playoffs though and played hard every night, for the most part, and didn't make any proclamations.

I agree about the inconsistency, especially his habit of not taking advantage of vastly inferior matchups, but I do think he backed up his talk about defense being his focus. He was unquestionably one of the best defensive bigs in the league last year. And this is a guy who coming into the league people thought would dominate on offense and potentially be a doormat on D.

I think back on Amare, who every year would talk about how he was going to be a monster on D and then be the same lost child on the defensive end that he always was. It is very encouraging to see Ayton actually evolving as a player.

I share the skepticism though. To make the leap he is talking about, especially on offense, it requires a physical will to bully people... and I just don't know if he has that in his personality.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA