Suns @ Trail Blazers Tuesday game thread 12-14-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tuesday the Suns finish up their two game road trip at the Trail Blazers. It's the second night of back-to-back games for Phoenix.

Trail Blazers are 11-16 and have lost last five games. They are 2-8 in their last ten games.

Suns are 21-5 and trail the Warriors by a half game after losing to the Clippers on Monday while Golden State beat the Pacers.

The game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona and on TNT.

Start time is listed at 8 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CJ McCollum and Cody Zeller are OUT for Portland.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No injury report for the Suns. It will be released later today.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets goooo suns

Bit exhausted and sad after cards l and suns l last night hop ton better for suns

Hopin big gms from cp3 johnson bridges

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns just are not the same without Book in terms of easy midrange buckets. Also, in terms of Ayton? As much as I like McGee and as much as we like to complain about what Ayton doesn't do? It's been obvious the difference without him in there. I hope the team is at full strength soon.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns just are not the same without Book in terms of easy midrange buckets. Also, in terms of Ayton? As much as I like McGee and as much as we like to complain about what Ayton doesn't do? It's been obvious the difference without him in there. I hope the team is at full strength soon.
Any news on booker ret status? Obv the biggest peice to suns

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any news on booker ret status? Obv the biggest peice to suns
I have not heard an update this morning. However, I am suspect it not was as "minor" as the Suns said it was. Maybe it is and they are just being extra careful with the lead they built up during the streak. I hope so because he looked like he came up pretty lame on that leg. We will find out soon how severe. If it was just a regular pull, he shouldn't have any issues. If he keeps repulling it? It's likely to last the entire season and will need extensive rest.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns miss Ayton, no doubt about it, but it's like the Suns have gone from four centers including Smith, down to one, McGee. So this helps explain the situation upfront.

The Suns miss Booker but he needs to recover from his hamstring injury as best he can so it doesn't linger all season long. I haven't heard a timeline on Booker's return but it should be within the next few games.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Suns make a roster move soon.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns remain with a skeleton crew tonight in Portland. Deandre Ayton is QUESTIONABLE.

Booker, Nader, Kaminsky and Smith remain OUT.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns remain with a skeleton crew tonight in Portland. Deandre Ayton is QUESTIONABLE.

Kind of weird to send Hutchinson back to the G-League with all of the current injuries. Not that he'd see a lot of time but having that extra body would help, even in practice. Hopefully that means someone is returning soon.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of weird to send Hutchinson back to the G-League with all of the current injuries. Not that he'd see a lot of time but having that extra body would help, even in practice. Hopefully that means someone is returning soon.

I thought that was interesting as well. Do you know if Hutchison can be traded on a two-way contract?

I didn't think two-way contracts can be traded but the ESPN Trade Machine allows me to do it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big man’s got to get back in there. What kind of illness keeps you out for six days?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brix has some bad luck. Last year to start the season, he went down when he was starting to get a bit of time. Now that Saric, Kaminsky and Ayton are down, he's out as well.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Big man’s got to get back in there. What kind of illness keeps you out for six days?

It is a safe bet that whatever he has is what Jalen Smith has. Team probably doesn't want him on the bench until they're sure he is better.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flu could definitely do it. The fact that Jalen is now sick kind of points to that. I hope it doesn't rip through team.

You're right. Years back I was sicker than a dog with the flu for 2 weeks. I never missed a flu shot since.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Booker, Nader, Kaminsky and Smith remain OUT.

Jesus what the hell did Ayton come down with? He always takes a long time to come back from whatever injury ailment he has. I mean, not TJ Warren ridiculously long, just long.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton is still QUESTIONABLE thus far.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
With Booker out we have to figure something out about the opposing team denying Paul the ball. Hard to be efficient on offense when we are constantly relying on Shamet, Bridges and Crowder to create and initiate offense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man we need Ayton to play. Can't be spending more time with Wainright as the only "big" on the floor.

If Ayton doesn't play, the Trail Blazers will throw a lot of bigs at the Suns like Nukic, Nance Jr., Watford and Covington.