Suns @ Trail Blazers Tuesday game thread 12-14-2021

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I just don’t know if Ayton/Sabonis works as a pairing. Especially against GS who I think would run Sabonis off the court.
My only hesitation with sabonis (and it’s a small one) is that I wish his 3 pt percentage was better so he could space for Ayton better. Shooting 30% this year and 32% for his career.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
His game goes out to the 3 point line. I mean Crowder and Ayton works right? Plus you could play him a lot with the second unit so our offense doesn’t fall off a cliff when Booker isn’t out there
Crowder hits 3s at 34% clip compared to sabonis at 30%. Crowder hit at 39% clip last season. He’s a better shooter and better spacer. Also better defender.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m intrigued by it. He’s definitely another talented big we don’t have at present. But I don’t know if he’s the perfect piece to put us over the top. I wouldn’t say no if it just cost us cam Johnson and pieces and draft picks. Though I’d be sad to see cam go.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And way superior on offense.

I really think your short changing Sabonis and his talent level as a guy who can get his own shot and a passer. He’s the PF on a team with Turner right now so he knows how to play with a center

He’s the current NBA eastern conference player of the week

He averaged 25/10 on 75% shooting
He can get his shot when the offense bogs down. And he’s an excellent passer so that would play into the .05 seconds concept. And we could bludgeon teams with size that makes an outlier. It’s definitely intriguing.