Suns @ Trail Blazers Saturday game thread 10-23-2021

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he is. He takes shots and immediately pops up to fight when most everyone else would shrug them off. It can be viewed as standing up for himself but it happens far too often to not be a Booker problem rather than he's the constant recipient of cheap shots.

I started noticing it more last year. Not that I fault him for it, so long as he doesn't let it cost us games, I like the chippy sort of play. I got t'd up a lot in high school games for similar stuff. More often than not he's on the receiving end of incidental contact that he views as deliberate and will overreact.

Yeah, I've seen him do that but I think he just got tired of taking unnecessary contact. I think it went the same way for Kobe when he was younger. Of course he went from just taking the hits to taking shots and immediately reacting to giving out his own cheats shots so maybe Devin is walking KB's path. Can't say I like that.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think he is. He takes shots and immediately pops up to fight when most everyone else would shrug them off. It can be viewed as standing up for himself but it happens far too often to not be a Booker problem rather than he's the constant recipient of cheap shots.

I started noticing it more last year. Not that I fault him for it, so long as he doesn't let it cost us games, I like the chippy sort of play. I got t'd up a lot in high school games for similar stuff. More often than not he's on the receiving end of incidental contact that he views as deliberate and will overreact.
Pops up to fight? What are you talking about? And most of the "instigating" I saw last year was him going over and confronting other players for cheap shotting his teammates. That's what he did with Jokic.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pops up to fight? What are you talking about? And most of the "instigating" I saw last year was him going over and confronting other players for cheap shotting his teammates. That's what he did with Jokic.

Just like I said, he overreacts to incidental contact and will immediately start jawing at whoever made contact with him. Of course it's not an actual fist fight but it's an "NBA fight" where he'll go chest to chest with someone.

Of course 90% of NBA games I watch are Suns games so maybe someone else does it as much as Booker does but I don't see it. Since he is amongst the league leaders in technical fouls and is viewed by other teams fans as a punk of sorts, I don't think it's a case of only seeing Booker do it and missing when others do the same.

Disagree if you want, that's fine. Booker is no saint and Im not even bashing him for his behavior. I suspect if he wasn't a Sun though his attitude would be viewed a lot differently here.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vaguely remember a previous incident from last season. I could be wrong. I know Booker has tussled with quite a few bigs. Enes Kanter, Dieng, Gobert, and Jokic for sure. I'm pretty sure there are others, those come to mind without searching though. Booker is an instigator, for sure. I'd probably hate him if he weren't a Sun.

As I see it, when Booker gets involved in extracurricular activities he is usually standing up to an opposing player for an incident that happened earlier in the game or coming to the aid of a teammate who he feels was done wrong.

An example would be when he stood up to Jokic in the playoffs after he committed a hard foul on Cam Payne.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a few plays I think JaVale McGee had it right, it was good defense but better offense.

Portland did play well. Their shooting was uncanny.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didnt watch gm workin glad missed looked like 1 of those sweep under mat gm

Hope suns wake up next few gms

Im sure sadly chamionship collapse still in some suns players head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didnt watch gm workin glad missed looked like 1 of those sweep under mat gm

Hope suns wake up next few gms

Im sure sadly chamionship collapse still in some suns players head

This loss is on you. You forgot to smoke up for game 1, remembered vs the Lakers and then missed the Portland game. So you better be ready to toke up come Wednesday.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose