Suns to sign Terrance Ross after buyout

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have preferred Reggie over this guy but we desperately need more bodies on the bench that can give minutes. Let's see if he can contribute.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's a good scorer. He plays kind of like TJ Warren where it looks like he's just out there trying to score and not really playing team ball, similar to Jordan Clarkson or Norman Powell. I think its good to have players like that as long as you're not depending on them to contribute every game.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's a good scorer. He plays kind of like TJ Warren where it looks like he's just out there trying to score and not really playing team ball, similar to Jordan Clarkson or Norman Powell. I think its good to have players like that as long as you're not depending on them to contribute every game.
From what OKC fans say, Baze plays like that too, except he is not nearly as good at offense as he thinks he is. Sounds like Monty has to sit these guys down and give that "You are playing with Book and KD now. You either adjust your game to theirs or you do not play." speech.

This convinces me that Torrey Craig is the logical starter. He will fit his game to the other 4.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
You either MAKE YOUR OPEN 3's or you do not play." speech.
FTFY
This convinces me that Torrey Craig is the logical starter. He will fit his game to the other 4.
Seems like the best option at this point...he's been basically as good as Jae overall, and his make 3's/crash boards offense appears to be the best combo needed as the 5th wheel.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
FTFY

Seems like the best option at this point...he's been basically as good as Jae overall, and his make 3's/crash boards offense appears to be the best combo needed as the 5th wheel.
I think Craig is not nearly as good as Crowder on defense or offense. His offensive rebounding is better, but that might just be a change in the Suns strategy this year.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I think Craig is not nearly as good as Crowder on defense or offense. His offensive rebounding is better, but that might just be a change in the Suns strategy this year.
His shooting percentages are better and his rebounding has been better (especially offensive rebounds).

I don't see how he is much worse than Crowder on D, but you're not talking about a big drop off.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
His shooting percentages are better and his rebounding has been better (especially offensive rebounds).

I don't see how he is much worse than Crowder on D, but you're not talking about a big drop off.
Crowder was a more dangerous shooter attempted more 3's per game and attracted more defensive attention, Craig gets more open looks. Also Crowder was a much better passer.

Crowder's team defense and versatility was much better than craigs, it shows up pretty clearly in the defensive ratings.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Crowder was a more dangerous shooter attempted more 3's per game and attracted more defensive attention, Craig gets more open looks. Also Crowder was a much better passer.

Crowder's team defense and versatility was much better than craigs, it shows up pretty clearly in the defensive ratings.
Maybe true… but on nights when Crowder was off with his 3 ball but would keep chucking them anyway…I wont miss that at all

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Last night i think was as advertised. Definitely a chucker flame thrower guy that will shoot you back into a game or out of one. Id prefer TJ is the main scorer off the bench as opposed to last night.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last night i think was as advertised. Definitely a chucker flame thrower guy that will shoot you back into a game or out of one. Id prefer TJ is the main scorer off the bench as opposed to last night.

I would prefer this too, that TJ be the second unit go to for offense. He was relegated to standing in the corner. I would think TJ would be more efficient that Ross.