Suns @ Timberwolves Wednesday game thread 3-23-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sheer fact that you can put together a lowlight reel of Beverley’s dirty hits in such volume that 99% of players couldn’t come close to matching it is all the evidence that’s necessary to either tell him to stop or he’s outta the league imo.

It's amazing Beverley can get away with this stuff. Good defense is not dirty play.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope right suns team shows for gm

Lookin for to poffs very soon

Wantin to see nice gms from book cp3 ayton :)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This the dance?

Lots of bad memories when it comes to Patrick Beverley. I can't believe there are those who would defend him.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I am going to be in the minority here. I don't think he intentionally tried to undercut Chris. I think he was fighting through the screen. You can argue that he lifted at the end or whatever. I don't think it was premeditated. Was it a dangerous play? Sure. Did he know he was likely going to foul Chris? Absolutely. The end result was still him getting undercut.

The thing that bothers me was his reaction after it happened. No concern that he hurt another player. Nothing. He just didn't like the call so made a fool out of himself and showed what a little B he is. I hate that guy. Despise him. I want to see him rot on any team he plays on. He is a dirty player IMO.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to be in the minority here. I don't think he intentionally tried to undercut Chris. I think he was fighting through the screen. You can argue that he lifted at the end or whatever. I don't think it was premeditated. Was it a dangerous play? Sure. Did he know he was likely going to foul Chris? Absolutely. The end result was still him getting undercut.

The thing that bothers me was his reaction after it happened. No concern that he hurt another player. Nothing. He just didn't like the call so made a fool out of himself and showed what a little B he is. I hate that guy. Despise him. I want to see him rot on any team he plays on. He is a dirty player IMO.
I'll take your word for it. I have no idea if it was on purpose or not and I have no desire to ever re-watch a Beverley play again. And I have no doubt that some of his "accidents" are truly accidents but he's earned the right to be considered guilty until proven innocent AFAIC.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I believe there were two plays where Beverley undercut Paul in the WCFs. One was the play we are talking about and the other one is no longer available on YouTube.

Also let's not forget Beverley shoved Chris Paul from behind as he was leaving the game.

These plays happen too often for me to give him the benefit of the doubt. And we haven't even discussed his headbutt on Devin Booker.

There is also this one where Beverley elbowed Paul and took him down. See below.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe there were two plays where Beverley undercut Paul in the WCFs. One was the play we are talking about and the other one is no longer available on YouTube.

Also let's not forget Beverley shoved Chris Paul from behind as he was leaving the game.

These plays happen too often for me to give him the benefit of the doubt. And we haven't even discussed his headbutt on Devin Booker.

There is also this one where Beverley elbowed Paul and took him down. See below.

Has nothing to do with the benefit of the doubt for me. He is a dirty player. I have watched him pull crap against other teams. That isn't in question for me. I am just calling what I see. I don't see anything premeditated about that play. I think he knew he was going to fight through the screen. He likely knew he was going to make contact with Chris and planned on doing it hard. Like I said the result was still the same. My bigger issue was with his reaction.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Your two statements don't match.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your two statements don't match.
How so? There is a difference between a premeditated dirty play and someone who commits a hard foul intentionally. Just because he is a dirty player doesn't mean every hard foul he commits is dirty. I will repeat I see nothing in that replay that I have watched probably 20 times that says he intentionally undercut him. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with the benefit of the doubt for me. He is a dirty player. I have watched him pull crap against other teams. That isn't in question for me. I am just calling what I see. I don't see anything premeditated about that play. I think he knew he was going to fight through the screen. He likely knew he was going to make contact with Chris and planned on doing it hard. Like I said the result was still the same. My bigger issue was with his reaction.

Premeditation involves forethought. I don't think Beverley plans these type plays in advance but I also don't think he has enough reason to quit making them.

The penalties need to be more severe to prevent this style of reckless and dangerous play.

IMO, when Beverley pushed Paul walking off the court he should have been suspended 5 games. Maybe that would get his attention.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Premeditation involves forethought. I don't think Beverley plans these type plays in advance but I also don't think he has enough reason to quit making them.

The penalties need to be more severe to prevent this style of reckless and dangerous play.

IMO, when Beverley pushed Paul walking off the court he should have been suspended 5 games. Maybe that would get his attention.
Again, I draw a distinction between the two videos. The elbow one deserved an ejection. The other one did not. His reaction should have earned him a technical (I don't recall if it did). However, I think the league needs to assign harsher penalties for repeat behavior. You will get no argument from me there. There is no incentives for these guys to stop.

League fines are a complete joke.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, I draw a distinction between the two videos. The elbow one deserved an ejection. The other one did not. His reaction should have earned him a technical (I don't recall if it did). However, I think the league needs to assign harsher penalties for repeat behavior. You will get no argument from me there. There is no incentives for these guys to stop.

League fines are a complete joke.

At least we can agree league penalties should be more severe especially for repeat behavior.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How so? There is a difference between a premeditated dirty play and someone who commits a hard foul intentionally. Just because he is a dirty player doesn't mean every hard foul he commits is dirty. I will repeat I see nothing in that replay that I have watched probably 20 times that says he intentionally undercut him. Just my opinion.
The fact that he is always playing that way, and commits dirty fouls continually means that you can separate intent - his intent is to play dirty all the time.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flex says CP3 is coming back on Thursday. I wonder if Beverley is the reason it's not for this game.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact that he is always playing that way, and commits dirty fouls continually means that you can separate intent - his intent is to play dirty all the time.
Not all dirty players play dirty on every play. They would foul out or be ejected constantly. It's not how it works. He is just a player who like Main said sees little consequence for the way he plays.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Beverley is the reason it's not for this game.
That would Suprise me. CP3 strikes me as the opposite he is so damn competitive. Monty has said repeatedly that when Chris wants to play there is no getting in his way.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flex says CP3 is coming back on Thursday. I wonder if Beverley is the reason it's not for this game.

I think it's better Chris Paul doesn't come back on Wednesday.

If I were any NBA coach, I'd talk to the referees pregame about keeping an eye on Beverley.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The behavior is not a joke. Beverley traveled some distance to do this.
Not sure anybody thinks that it's a joke. There should be a strike system in the NBA for repeat offenders just like Flagrant fouls. 3 Strikes and automatic 5 game suspension on top of heftier fines.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Agreed - let them beat up Golden State or Memphis

They’re capable of out scoring anyone 1-2 games in a series. Add the Pat Bev factor and I want nothing to do with them.

Clipps are locked in to the 7-8 play-in game and the Lakers/Pelicans will each need to win two games to get the last playoff spot vs us. There’s still a minor chance we could play Denver in the first rd.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty gives update on Chris Paul, Cam Johnson and Jae Crowder.