Suns @ Timberwolves Wednesday game thread 3-23-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And they should be. They've been one of the hotter teams and we're missing key people. We've pulled off some wins minus some key players, hopefully we'll pull this one out too but if I were a betting man I'd give Minnesota the edge.

I was throwing it out there as a counterbalance to the idea the Suns are favorites but I think it's more about how Phoenix plays than anything else.

Suns definitely need Payne and Crowder to play.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I was throwing it out there as a counterbalance to the idea the Suns are favorites but I think it's more about how Phoenix plays than anything else.

Suns definitely need Payne and Crowder to play.
If Payne plays I think we win. With Payne in the lineup after the all star break our offense has been on a tear.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Payne plays I think we win. With Payne in the lineup after the all star break our offense has been on a tear.

Payne has played well as a starter. Hopefully there isn't a transition in shifting gears to Chris Paul.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Payne and Holiday are both healthy I like our chances but even still, I'd give the advantage to the home Wolves. Minnesota just lost a 2 point road game to the hot Mavericks and they have recent wins against the Bucks and at the Heat. They are 18-6 over their past 24 games, winning 11 of their last 13 home games.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets go suns wantin to see big gms from book johnson bridges da

Nooooo trap gm

420 hit is waitin for outcome :)

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns are not going to lose this unless they have a really off night. In case you haven't noticed they are trying to make statements against potential playoff oponents.

I also think the directive is to get the 1 seed locked up by tommorrow.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't watch tonight. I just cannot watch games with Pat Beverly. It just makes me too angry.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
84 here in Northern Cal today, watching a team from the desert roll in all bundled up, i'm guessing it may be a bit chilly in Minnesota. headed to a sports bar to watch this one. no in game post from me.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
84 here in Northern Cal today, watching a team from the desert roll in all bundled up, i'm guessing it may be a bit chilly in Minnesota. headed to a sports bar to watch this one. no in game post from me.

Yeah, the high in Minneapolis is 39 degrees and a 70% chance of snow.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If Payne and Holiday are both healthy I like our chances but even still, I'd give the advantage to the home Wolves. Minnesota just lost a 2 point road game to the hot Mavericks and they have recent wins against the Bucks and at the Heat. They are 18-6 over their past 24 games, winning 11 of their last 13 home games.
I wouldn't. They may win the game, but I'm not giving the advantage to pretty much anyone against the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty is only waiting to hear "he's OK to go" to play Chris Paul.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't. They may win the game, but I'm not giving the advantage to pretty much anyone against the Suns.
Well the fan in me says we're going to win every game. But trying to look at it objectively Minnesota right now is better than we are minus Paul, Payne and CamJ. And probably better than we are minus just Paul and CamJ.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really not worried about Frank at all, because frankly he would never get playing time anyway.

We still have a few weeks, I'm sure Cam will be back before the playoffs start.

After a couple more wins, I would almost prefer all our starters be sat out.
you're still going on with punting on the last three weeks of the season thing, huh? Man, I think that is a beyond terrible idea, especially for a team that has CP3 to get back into game-shape and rythym and a second unit that has actually never really played together as a second unit because Holiday/Craig haven't gotten much time with Payne/Cam/Javale combo due to injuries and because Payne's been playing more with the starters since we acquired them.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

nice. The Wolves are a really solid, up and coming team. I see a toss-up game coming our way.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave