Suns @ Timberwolves Saturday game thread 11-23-19

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns visit the Timberwolves in Minnesota on Saturday for a 3 p.m. MST game.

It will be televised on FSAZ.

Wolves (8-7) have played the Jazz two games in a row, winning the game at Utah on Monday but losing the game at home on Wednesday.

Suns (7-7) are coming off a tough home loss to the Pelicans on Thursday having lost three games in a row.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No updates on Rubio or Baynes but Ty Jerome is on the trip.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

Monty on Ty Jerome: “He’s gonna start playing in some 3-on-3 and progress to 5-on-5. He’ll be under a minute restriction when he gets back, but he’s moving rapidly now. That’s pretty encouraging.” Saw him doing a little half-court, half-speed pickup post-practice #Suns

5:08 PM - 22 Nov 2019

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

More Monty on Jerome: “He knows all of the plays. He probably has 3 or four 4 I should run. I love that about him. He’s a coach. High motor. High IQ. I don’t have to get him up to speed on the plays. It’s gonna be conditioning & instincts that are gonna have to kick in for him”

5:08 PM - 22 Nov 2019

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

That's still the right hip flexor strain for Baynes and back spasms for Rubio. Cam Johnson (right knee general soreness) and Frank Kaminsky (left hip contusion) are probable again. Dario Saric is now no longer on the injury report.

5:20 PM - 22 Nov 2019

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Just to highlight for the fans. Saturday's games is a 3 PM Phoenix time start.

That's 4-7 PM Minnesota time just for the game, as well as pre-game and
post-game requirements.

Don't the schedulers realize that's dinner time for the players?

It's not just jet lag. It's stomach lag. :)

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
You guys ready for Towns and Jokic to completely destroy us in the paint the next 2 games?...

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well this is a gm for suns to redeem themselves a little bit...

Hoping to see a more aggressive booker and less turnovers

Any update on rubio or baynes... :(

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Well this is a gm for suns to redeem themselves a little bit...

Hoping to see a more aggressive booker and less turnovers

Any update on rubio or baynes... :(

Nothing official, but I am 99% sure both will be out for a while. Baynes' injury is particularly nasty, so I will be surprised if he comes back before Ayton does.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nothing official, but I am 99% sure both will be out for a while. Baynes' injury is particularly nasty, so I will be surprised if he comes back before Ayton does.
Dammit man that sucks..... everything was going well now only 2 injuries suns are back to normal ugh

Maybe this will wake up Booker to want to try and play well in key moments

Really hope suns are way below. 500 when ayton returns

Suns would probably get screwed in next yr lottery anyway lol

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh I’m not worried I don’t expect to win missing Rubio, Baynes and Ayton it’s just to much to overcome

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh I’m not worried I don’t expect to win missing Rubio, Baynes and Ayton it’s just to much to overcome

And backup point guard Ty Jerome.

Still other teams manage to win games with injuries.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And backup point guard Ty Jerome.

Still other teams manage to win games with injuries.

good teams but we are an average team when 100% borderline playoff. We can’t afford injuries or an off night

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good teams but we are an average team when 100% borderline playoff. We can’t afford injuries or an off night

The Kings have done it without Fox and Bagley. I'm sure there are others.

I don't want the team to buy into excuses.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The Kings have done it without Fox and Bagley. I'm sure there are others.

I don't want the team to buy into excuses.
Bagley hasn't actually been all that good and they have a legit backup PG with quite a bit of quality depth. Both Joseph and Bogdanovic have done well running the offense without Fox. We unfortunately don't have another guy that can legitimately help Booker with that with Rubio out. Maybe that would be Jerome if he was healthy.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am not expecting a win until at least Rubio is back, but I will point out that the Suns won some games last year too with a worse roster than they have now, so who knows. If Booker gets hot and a couple of others play well, it's possible.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bagley hasn't actually been all that good and they have a legit backup PG with quite a bit of quality depth. Both Joseph and Bogdanovic have done well running the offense without Fox. We unfortunately don't have another guy that can legitimately help Booker with that with Rubio out. Maybe that would be Jerome if he was healthy.

This is who I thought the Suns were starting the season but it's not proving to be the case.

Suns have to figure out a way to win without key players or it's going to be a replay of last season. They need to play with defensive intensity every night. If they do they will get some wins.

I'm not saying the Suns wouldn't be vastly improved with the return of the injured players but I don't want to use it to completely explain a way things. Suns still have Booker, Oubre and some NBA players on their roster.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
This is who I thought the Suns were starting the season but it's not proving to be the case.

Suns have to figure out a way to win without key players or it's going to be a replay of last season. Suns need to play with defensive intensity every night. If they do they will get some wins.

I'm not saying the Suns wouldn't be vastly improved with the return of the injured players but I don't want to use it to completely explain a way things. Suns still have Booker, Oubre and some NBA players on their roster.
I don't necessarily think intensity is the issue or at least the biggest issue. The issue is that they lack communication without their vets and are making a lot of mistakes on defense. Early in the season when they were healthy everyone was making the right rotations and the communication was really good. That has fallen off with Rubio and Baynes missing games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't necessarily think intensity is the issue or at least the biggest issue. The issue is that they lack communication without their vets and are making a lot of mistakes on defense. Early in the season when they were healthy everyone was making the right rotations and the communication was really good. That has fallen off with Rubio and Baynes missing games.

It's hard to know for sure but when the Suns turn up the defense and get turnovers they are a much better team. Unfortunately, sometimes they watch especially when they are not hitting shots.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose