Suns @ Timberwolves Friday game thread 1-13-2023

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saban Lee has given the Suns a nice boost of energy.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So great season over pretty much time to look at mock drafts

This suns team isn't going far in poffs if they even get in somehow

Embarrassing l ugh :(
Everyone hoping new ownership is completed before trade deadline and this season is SAVED.
I'm not so sure.
If I invested $4 BILLION in something, time is of no concern. I'd rather pick the GM I want to lead everything, the coach, etc. Everyone is assuming the new owner will just roll with JJ and Monty. I could see if this season is lost, but for a good reason, resetting the franchise.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wow probably the most disgusting stretch of games since the bubble
This is bad. I could literally make a fortune betting against the Suns right now. Better do something quick.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to get excited about bench players who occasional get hot or have a great game. Mainly because none of them do it consistently enough to win a stretch of games.

This team is in serious trouble without an infusion of additional talent.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow probably the most disgusting stretch of games since the bubble
This is bad. I could literally make a fortune betting against the Suns right now. Better do something quick.
This is bad and "this" ain't over. That's what happens when you're missing between 4 and 7 of your top 8 every night, especially when that includes your 2 best players.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to get excited about bench players who occasional get hot or have a great game. Mainly because none of them do it consistently enough to win a stretch of games.

This team is in serious trouble without an infusion of additional talent.
I agree as long as you're not talking about 10 day contracts or unattached players. Honestly, with all the players we've been missing, I'm surprised every night when we don't get blown out by 30 plus points.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Naz Reid on the Wolves roster, one wonders why they overspent on Rudy Gobert.

He looks to have a bright career at only 23.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They’ve quit. I’ve said before this isn’t a talent issues it’s an effort issue . Monty has completely lost this team

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

They’ve quit. I’ve said before this isn’t a talent issues it’s an effort issue . Monty has completely lost this team
I didn’t see the game but saw that clip making the rounds. Bridges reacts towards the ball right away so Ayton not going after it makes sense (given his lack of decisiveness in general) but not chasing him down full court was rough.

I think Ayton and Amare had/have some similarities. Ayton thinks he’s playing hard when he’s not and Amare never thought his defense was a problem. There are/were delusional tendencies between them. Some of the stuff Ayton says publicly makes you think he sees himself differently than everyone else. A lot if players do that in an arrogant way but I don’t think that’s the case with Ayton. I don’t think his brain ever developed the “awareness” gene and it’s not his fault.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I haven’t seen many games but hearing from friends that seems to be what they all say. Last year against the Mavs the team gots lazy and thought they were going to lay down for them since we were the regular season champs. They don’t have that killer instinct.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I didn’t see the game but saw that clip making the rounds. Bridges reacts towards the ball right away so Ayton not going after it makes sense (given his lack of decisiveness in general) but not chasing him down full court was rough.

I think Ayton and Amare had/have some similarities. Ayton thinks he’s playing hard when he’s not and Amare never thought his defense was a problem. There are/were delusional tendencies between them. Some of the stuff Ayton says publicly makes you think he sees himself differently than everyone else. A lot if players do that in an arrogant way but I don’t think that’s the case with Ayton. I don’t think his brain ever developed the “awareness” gene and it’s not his fault.
Film don't lie. I guess he sleeps like Kyle Murry when they look at it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton is a prized pup… with fleas. Period. Someone with actual competitive fire doesn’t come out like such a dog in so many games simply because he dislikes his coaches or management.

What’s hysterical to me is that certain fans here can plainly see Kyler Murray obvious flaws, but are blind to the exact same issues with Ayton.

And the similarities are really striking. They’re both peak physical athletes, number one picks, who showed up with a certain level of polish, but over the years show miniscule growth, while TEASING so much more with BURSTS of GREAT play to their sky-high potential, followed by mind-numbingly awful games, a general lack of toughness, getting into spats with teammates/coaches/organization, and being video game junkies who seem to love that game more than the one they were drafted to play.

Hell, it’s the same all the way down to the way they both talk about themsevles in completely delusional terms with Ayton thinking he’s KG out there and Kyler thinking he’s freaking Neo.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree as long as you're not talking about 10 day contracts or unattached players. Honestly, with all the players we've been missing, I'm surprised every night when we don't get blown out by 30 plus points.
100%

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I’ve said time and time again developing talent is as important as talent itself. There’s a reason certain organizations always seem to “hit” on the draft and others draft bust after bust.

Now those “bust” were stars in college so what happens when they get to that certain team. Structure, discipline, taking the time to teach the young guys how to be professional and all that. It’s missing in those traditionally bad organizations. That’s why I hate guys that are players coaches.

I never blamed Amare for his bad defense because his coaches never stressed. Same with Ayton everybody wants him to be a 1 or a 2 but no matter what he does he’s pegged into a system so that’s how Monty uses him he’s never been developed to be anything more. Monty is a “the system works” kind of coach. That’s why he never makes adjustments.

Bridges is in the same boat he’s not as naturally talented as Ayton but there’s a reason all our young guys have seemed to stall. Like if you keep a goldfish in a small tank it’s gonna stay small but if you put in it a pond it’s gonna be huge one day.

This organization has told us time and time again they don’t care about young players.

That’s my rant on this damn front office and coaching staff.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Ayton is a prized pup… with fleas. Period. Someone with actual competitive fire doesn’t come out like such a dog in so many games simply because he dislikes his coaches or management.

What’s hysterical to me is that certain fans here can plainly see Kyler Murray obvious flaws, but are blind to the exact same issues with Ayton.

And the similarities are really striking. They’re both peak physical athletes, number one picks, who showed up with a certain level of polish, but over the years show miniscule growth, while TEASING so much more with BURSTS of GREAT play to their sky-high potential, followed by mind-numbingly awful games, a general lack of toughness, getting into spats with teammates/coaches/organization, and being video game junkies who seem to love that game more than the one they were drafted to play.

Hell, it’s the same all the way down to the way they both talk about themsevles in completely delusional terms with Ayton thinking he’s KG out there and Kyler thinking he’s freaking Neo.
So spot on!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Maybe but I suspect if Ayton hadn't played so poorly, the Wolves would have stepped up their game.
That was a timberwolves team that had just lost to the rockets and pistons. What we saw was their stepped up game with no KAT.

Without Ayton’s anchor of a shooting game the rest of the suns shot over 50%