Suns @ Timberwolves Friday game thread 1-13-2023

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a timberwolves team that had just lost to the rockets and pistons. What we saw was their stepped up game with no KAT.

Without Ayton’s anchor of a shooting game the rest of the suns shot over 50%
I watched two of their recent games, they looked much better in them than they did against us. I'd like to think we had something to do with it but I think they were toying with us. And counting last night (according to BR), the Wolves are 5-1 over their last 6 games with wins over Denver, Portland, LAC, Houston and the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t see the game but saw that clip making the rounds. Bridges reacts towards the ball right away so Ayton not going after it makes sense (given his lack of decisiveness in general) but not chasing him down full court was rough.

I think Ayton and Amare had/have some similarities. Ayton thinks he’s playing hard when he’s not and Amare never thought his defense was a problem. There are/were delusional tendencies between them. Some of the stuff Ayton says publicly makes you think he sees himself differently than everyone else. A lot if players do that in an arrogant way but I don’t think that’s the case with Ayton. I don’t think his brain ever developed the “awareness” gene and it’s not his fault.

Yeah, I think Ayton thought Bridges was going to retrieve the ball, but no excuses for either for not going 100%.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like monty but if he truly lost this roster than a new hc might be needed for suns as well ugh

Feeling very upset on suns tod need to.put on happy face in 30 min to see gf lol

Ughhhh az sports man;(

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd rather he hadn't if so. He hurt the team more than helped them.

I realize injuries can happen anytime. But the occurrence for reinjury is more predictable if someone is fully back.

I’m tired of these guys coming back too early if that was the case.

I think he was ok, as he missed shots he usually makes.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everyone hoping new ownership is completed before trade deadline and this season is SAVED.
I'm not so sure.
If I invested $4 BILLION in something, time is of no concern. I'd rather pick the GM I want to lead everything, the coach, etc. Everyone is assuming the new owner will just roll with JJ and Monty. I could see if this season is lost, but for a good reason, resetting the franchise.
Yes but that’s not exactly the case from what I have read. He is buying out Sarvers share of the Suns so not 4 billion dollars. Until the deal is final speculation can run any direction, but it’s highly unlikely the GM and Coach of the year are just gonna be let go when deal is final that’s just not gonna happen.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes but that’s not exactly the case from what I have read. He is buying out Sarvers share of the Suns so not 4 billion dollars. Until the deal is final speculation can run any direction, but it’s highly unlikely the GM and Coach of the year are just gonna be let go when deal is final that’s just not gonna happen.
It's more likely to happen as part of the ownership change than before but yeah, it's not likely to happen for awhile. But I suspect JJ was given the President title with the understanding his GM duties would be taken over by whoever Ishbia moves in there. Monty will be safe for at least another season.

Not to make this about race but firing a black GM and a black Head Coach that have both been recognized for excellence without unquestionable cause is a bad look for this organization no matter when it happens.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson