Suns @ Thunder Thursday game thread 2-24-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to be a hater, but here is a list of times suns players have gotten at least 20/10/5/6, just for a little context. KJ had one with 21/19/6/7..

The main theme is Devin Booker had an awesome game. I'm not going to worry if the details are a bit off.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not to be a hater, but here is a list of times suns players have gotten at least 20/10/5/6, just for a little context. KJ had one with 21/19/6/7..

yes the thing about adding so many categories is the more there are the more unlikley it is that some one has topped all of them in 1 game

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh, 12 isn't equal to 19 either. Just saying when you get overly specific with stat lines they start turning into more than they are. It was a very good game by Book no doubt.
Yeah that's always the case, fortunately it didn't include the "on a Thursday Night" limiter. But still, it's an impressive line with or without a pseudo-place in Suns history.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh, 12 isn't equal to 19 either. Just saying when you get overly specific with stat lines they start turning into more than they are. It was a very good game by Book no doubt.
You don't think scoring 5 extra points in the NBA is a big deal? Really?!!? There are only 12 guys in the entire NBA averaging 25+ points. That is not even remotely the same things as comparing 12 to 19. In the NBA once you get close to 20 points the air thins out very quickly. So, you are missing a pretty big piece of context. Even though I agree that sometimes these stat lines are made out to be more than they are and just thrown out there because they are rare or obscure.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
You don't think scoring 5 extra points in the NBA is a big deal? Really?!!? There are only 12 guys in the entire NBA averaging 25+ points. That is not even remotely the same things as comparing 12 to 19. In the NBA once you get close to 20 points the air thins out very quickly. So, you are mixing a pretty big piece of context. Even though I agree that sometimes these stat lines are made out to be more than they are.
Are you arguing that the gap between 25 and 20 points is more significant than 19 and 12 assists? Also the gap between 20 and 25 points doesn't mean much in the context of 1 game. Though it is a huge gap when we are talking averages, but we're not.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course. Just pointing out how if you get specific enough just about any good game can find it's way into "only time ever" territory.

I understand. If one looks at multiple factors there can be a lot of firsts.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I knew Point Book would be better after learning from CP3 this last year.
Looking good so far I'd like to see more of that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty does a good job of breaking down the game and players.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you arguing that the gap between 25 and 20 points is more significant than 19 and 12 assists? Also the gap between 20 and 25 points doesn't mean much in the context of 1 game. Though it is a huge gap when we are talking averages, but we're not.
19 and 12 assists? Wait...wut? LOL. Dude....you have to score 25+ on enough individual games to get your average up there to begin with. Also, we are not talking about just a 25+ game....let alone get 12 assists, plus a good number of and steals and rebounds at guard. Again...a little context is in order when using a poor comparison. Is it the best stat line ever? No. Not even close but there is a reason you couldn't find a good comparison on the Suns. A more valid comparison would be to see how often it has happened across the NBA when scoring 25+ with similar stat line. That might reveal how unremarkable it might be. I wouldn't be shocked by that at all. Just too lazy to look it up.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
19 and 12 assists? Wait...wut? LOL. Dude....you have to score 25+ on enough individual games to get your average up there to begin with. Also, we are not talking about just a 25+ game....let alone get 12 assists, plus a good number of and steals and rebounds at guard. Again...a little context is in order when using a poor comparison. Is it the best stat line ever? No. Not even close but there is a reason you couldn't find a good comparison on the Suns. A more valid comparison would be to see how often it has happened across the NBA when scoring 25+ with similar stat line. That might reveal how unremarkable it might be. I wouldn't be shocked by that at all. Just too lazy to look it up.
20 points, 19 assists, 6 rebounds and 7 steals isn't a good comparison? There have been similar stat lines on the Suns with 5 steals, but I thought the steals were the most unique part of the stat line so I stuck with at least 6.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The bigs were unremarkable. I still would like to see Biyombo get some regular playing time.

I think Biyombo has really struggled against teams who have thrown high screens at him. This small and mobile Thunder team is not a good matchup for him. McGee has struggled against them too but he is also better at exploiting them with his rim running.

But I expect Biyombo to be critical in potential series against Denver, Utah and Milwaukee.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20 points, 19 assists, 6 rebounds and 7 steals isn't a good comparison? There have been similar stat lines on the Suns with 5 steals, but I thought the steals were the most unique part of the stat line so I stuck with at least 6.
That’s a beastly stat line also.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the best news from this game is that Holiday is a competent pg and Payton never got off the bench, and that Booker can make an impact with his defense.

i think the residual effect of CP3's on-floor coaching is that this team knows how to share the ball. They don't have his passing skill -- no one in the league does. But they've all honed their receiving skills to get good opportunities -- which helped Booker and Holiday in the assist dept.

but our big men had difficulties, and a lot of turnovers, because getting the ball through to the interior takes better precision and timing. Tonight, our centers combined for 15 points and had 8 turnovers! Not a lot of alley-oops either.

the Thunder are a bad team. the game was closer then it should have been, but it's encouraging that we didn't lose our ability to close-out strong.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose