OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns need super dario to return!!

Maybe more of Dario and Frank together although Craig played phenomenal tonight.

Suns need more production from Ayton who has only scored 5, 11, 5 and 9 in his last four games.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know we don't want to admit it, but Booker is a liability at the ends of games. If Paul is healthy and functional, Booker should be benched in crunch time in favor of Carter or someone else who can keep himself engaged mentally.

And now you have officially jumped the shark.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe more of Dario and Frank together although Craig played phenomenal tonight.

Suns need more production from Ayton who has only scored 5, 11, 5 and 9 in his last four games.

yup. He’s done exactly what he’s always done. Had a tantalIzing 6 or 7 game run and then shrunk back way below potential. Let’s see if he turns it up for the Hawks game.

Last edited:

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This team seems to have a thing for letting teams stay close down the stretch. Ayton has shown up on the boards but we need more easy buckets from him to finish teams off.
They wanted to play this game as much as I wanted to watch it. Both parties got through it ok.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They wanted to play this game as much as I wanted to watch it. Both parties got through it ok.

that’s a good way to put it. I’ve kind of got no desire to watch the Cleveland game either. All those games usually do is frustrate.

the hawks have been playing well. Always like to see how we rise to a challenge.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup. He’s done exactly what he’s always done. Had a tantalIzing 6 or 7 game run and then shrunk back way below potential. Let’s see if he turns it up for the Hawks game.

Ayton looked statuesque tonight.

This is the worst I have seen him play in awhile and I'm not an Ayton critic.

The Suns really need him to take a step forward, not a step back.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

at worst they just need him to stand in place! This yo yo, at the tail end of his third year is just annoying. He should be ascending right now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
at worst they just need him to stand in place! This yo yo, at the tail end of his third year is just annoying. He should be ascending right now.

Yeah, that's what he did much of the night on defense. When I close my eyes I see Thunder players scoring in the paint. It was like he wasn't even there.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's been a long time since Ayton has been this ineffective.
He’s averaging around 10 pts/game for the last 9 games. Every time we cheer his busting out he goes back to being a big puss again.

his defense was ATROCIOUS tonight.

happy to see them win. Ugly. But it’s a win.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

He’s averaging like 10 and 10 over nine games. In those games he’s played some good defense but he also had some real bad games defensively too (Boston and tonight immediately come to mind without putting any thought into it). Not good enough.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s averaging around 10 pts/game for the last 9 games. Every time we cheer his busting out he goes back to being a big puss again.

his defense was ATROCIOUS tonight.

happy to see them win. Ugly. But it’s a win.

The rest of the team stepped up tonight. That's the bright side.

There was a moment in the game where Chris Paul could be seen coaching Ayton on the court. It didn't seem to work.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It occurred to me a few days ago that Ayton might be lying about his age. It wouldn't be too hard to falsify records in the Bahamas, right? If he's really 26, that would explain a lot.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It occurred to me a few days ago that Ayton might be lying about his age. It wouldn't be too hard to falsify records in the Bahamas, right? If he's really 26, that would explain a lot.

what would that explain?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

You saying he doesn’t look like a teenager here?

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even using this hypothesis, Ayton shouldn't be in decline at 26.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

I’ve got you both covered. Turns out he’s a Westworld robot:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
I don't think there's anyone who could watch today's game and be happy with the effort of Ayton. He did the bare mimimum. 3 blocks is nice, but 5 points on 3 shots, and 7 boards, non offensive, in 31 minutes of play is just out there to collect a paycheck. Thankfully these kind of efforts from him are more rare these days, but geez, that painful to watch.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh cmon. Ayton has been a known commodity since junior high school. That one is right there with benching Book at the end of games.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s the way it is with a deep team that plays d. They can seem to play poorly and still win games. It has been the story this year. “We won but _______ (Ayton, Book, Mikal, Cam, Saric) had a horrible game.

and Still here we sit atop the entire league at the moment.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That’s the way it is with a deep team that plays d. They can seem to play poorly and still win games. It has been the story this year. “We won but _______ (Ayton, Book, Mikal, Cam, Saric) had a horrible game.

and Still here we sit atop the entire league at the moment.
Very thankful for the depth of this team. It has been a supreme difference maker for us.