Suns @ Thunder Sunday game thread 4-3-2022

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m not panicking but teams can play themselves into bad habits, even good teams. Lots of vets, but still some youngsters, so this has to be nipped in the bud imo. And these aren’t world beaters, the last three games we played the warriors without curry, the griz without four starters, the thunder without multiple starters.

If they aren’t going to play with effort there’s no reason to put the top players out on the court. Injuries happen in those scenarios.

Unfortunately we are seeing the true biz. He’s just not very good. He’ll be 6 fouls we can use. But he’s not even a very good box out and rebound guy. And his offense is virtually nonexistent.

Cam Johnson has a long way to go to get back to how hot he was when he went out with the charley horse. He looked dreadful shooting, driving the bucket and on defense.

Nice to see shamet still playing relatively in rhythm. That will be important in the playoffs.

Javale seems to be getting pushed around regularly in the paint lately.

They can’t keep playing this way for the final four games. Have to rev it back up and go in on rhythm.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not panicking but teams can play themselves into bad habits, even good teams. Lots of vets, but still some youngsters, so this has to be nipped in the bud imo. And these aren’t world beaters, the last three games we played the warriors without curry, the griz without four starters, the thunder without multiple starters.

If they aren’t going to play with effort there’s no reason to put the top players out on the court. Injuries happen in those scenarios.

Unfortunately we are seeing the true biz. He’s just not very good. He’ll be 6 fouls we can use. But he’s not even a very good box out and rebound guy. And his offense is virtually nonexistent.

Cam Johnson has a long way to go to get back to how hot he was when he went out with the charley horse. He looked dreadful shooting, driving the bucket and on defense.

Nice to see shamet still playing relatively in rhythm. That will be important in the playoffs.

Javale seems to be getting pushed around regularly in the paint lately.

They can’t keep playing this way for the final four games. Have to rev it back up and go in on rhythm.

If the Lakers beat the Suns on Tuesday time to get the players attention with a roster shakeup or whatever it takes.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
2 meaningless games. out-rebounded 54 to 33 today. we'll be back and up for putting a nail in the Lakers' coffin on Tuesday.

the only thing i'm worried about is why Holiday has been in the doghouse the past couple of weeks. i thought he would be a playoff contributor for us.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 meaningless games. out-rebounded 54 to 33 today. we'll be back and up for putting a nail in the Lakers' coffin on Tuesday.

the only thing i'm worried about is why Holiday has been in the doghouse the past couple of weeks. i thought he would be a playoff contributor for us.

The Suns certainly could have used Holiday's drives and 3-point shooting tonight.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Torrey Craig has been a massive disappointment to me. Also, Holiday has not done much with his minutes either and played himself out of the rotation a bit. I mean he couldn't get more than 5 minutes on a game where we were missing Book/Ayton. 50 turnovers in 3 games is a HUGE concern. Seems like nobody is taking care of the basketball and the defensive focus hasn't been there at all.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Torrey Craig has been a massive disappointment to me. Also, Holiday has not done much with his minutes either and played himself out of the rotation a bit. I mean he couldn't get more than 5 minutes on a game where we were missing Book/Ayton. 50 turnovers in 3 games is a HUGE concern. Seems like nobody is taking care of the basketball and the defensive focus hasn't been there at all.

I think not playing Holiday instead of Payton was on Monty. Look at his stats while in Phoenix.

We do not disagree about Craig.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Holiday's stats look good to me. much better than Payton's. especially his 54% on 3's and 96% at the line compared to Payton 24% on 3's and 40% at the line. either Payton has some compromising photos on Monty or Holiday is screwing up in practice because based on what i've seen on the court i would have cut Payton and have given Holiday more court time -- especially now.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holiday's stats look good to me. much better than Payton's. especially his 54% on 3's and 96% at the line compared to Payton 24% on 3's and 40% at the line. either Payton has some compromising photos on Monty or Holiday is screwing up in practice because based on what i've seen on the court i would have cut Payton and have given Holiday more court time -- especially now.
Ish and Payton continue to get more minutes. At first it looked like Holiday was going to be a regular rotation guy but that really hasn't happened. I think it's because Payton even though looks awful in our offense at times is really scrappy on defense and I think Monty likes that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ish and Payton continue to get more minutes. At first it looked like Holiday was going to be a regular rotation guy but that really hasn't happened. I think it's because Payton even though looks awful in our offense at times is really scrappy on defense and I think Monty likes that.
Holiday is a dawg on D too though. Just shorter than Payton.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If the Suns should see the Bucks in the playoffs I wouldn't mind giving Aaron some minutes against Jrue. I bet he knows his brother better than anyone else.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
His numbers look better in this system to boot. Cam has been so damn erratic at times and the turnovers are killing us past three games. I would like to see him use Holiday a little more. I have a feeling this playoffs is going to be another game in attrition as they go on. We can't pull a Frank and wait until the end of the playoffs and hope he can contribute.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It doesn’t make sense that Holiday is glued to the bench now, even behind Payton.
This is the same thing that happened with Moore and Galloway last year and Payton this year. They'd play 15 mpg for a couple weeks then wouldn't play again for months.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn’t make sense that Holiday is glued to the bench now, even behind Payton.

I hope Monty doesn't go the way of Mike D'Antoni and run 7-8 players into the ground.

Holiday is not only a better point guard that Payton but he knows how to score as well.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope Monty doesn't go the way of Mike D'Antoni and run 7-8 players into the ground.

Holiday is not only a better point guard that Payton but he knows how to score as well.

He didn’t trust his bench last year even thought they played all regular season long.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He didn’t trust his bench last year even thought they played all regular season long.

It's a concern of mine as well especially when it comes to not giving Aaron Holiday more minutes.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a concern of mine as well especially when it comes to not giving Aaron Holiday more minutes.
Same. One of the Suns strength's this year is the waves of good players they can send at teams. Shortening the bench cuts that advantage

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same. One of the Suns strength's this year is the waves of good players they can send at teams. Shortening the bench cuts that advantage

I've often envisioned the Suns being a boxer at the end of the match that has worn their opponent down. The bench has played a huge role in providing this advantage.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose