Suns @ Thunder Friday game thread 12-20-19

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I could say this is a new problem but it isn't.

Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

#Suns coach Monty Williams on the Thunder's 58 points in the paint: "We just didn’t have that toughness to just stay in front of guys…defensively, we just give up so much, so many straight-line drives. And it’s on me to get the guys in the game, change up scheme."

8:06 PM - 20 Dec 2019

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wish I could say this is a new problem but it isn't.

Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

#Suns coach Monty Williams on the Thunder's 58 points in the paint: "We just didn’t have that toughness to just stay in front of guys…defensively, we just give up so much, so many straight-line drives. And it’s on me to get the guys in the game, change up scheme."

8:06 PM - 20 Dec 2019

Or up to James Jones to have better front court defenders than Saric, Kaminsky and Cam.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
As am I, but this is still light years ahead of Igor at his best...

The team can at least understand what Monty is saying. Not only did Igor struggle to communicate because English wasn’t his native tongue (I think he knows three languages which speaks to his intelligence) but he also had a very soft spoken voice. Every time they played an interview or replayed a presser you could barely hear him. He also rarely defended the players after bad balls.

If we’re going strictly basketball intellect he and Monty aren’t too far off.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The team can at least understand what Monty is saying. Not only did Igor struggle to communicate because English wasn’t his native tongue (I think he knows three languages which speaks to his intelligence) but he also had a very soft spoken voice. Every time they played an interview or replayed a presser you could barely hear him. He also rarely defended the players after bad balls.

If we’re going strictly basketball intellect he and Monty aren’t too far off.

I won't deny that Igor knows the game of basketball (well, at least European basketball, as opposed to NBA basketball). But all the knowledge in the world doesn't mean a thing if you can't convey it.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wonder if the morale would be better had it not been for the hot start. Feels like an especially dirty trick now.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Baynes fouling 3 point shooter in Gallinari. smh

This drives me crazy. They are all doing this, fouling on contested shots. You are bailing out the shooter. Stop it, just stop. Also Booker playing macho man knocking down defenders especially known floppers like that #17 slime ball.

But again I have to harp on the refs. A touch foul was called on Phoenix in the first half and on the next play Baynes was clearly pushed out of bounds. He comes back on defense and pushes Adams and gets the (correct) call (Adams gets a T). If only they would call it fair and consistent.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This drives me crazy. They are all doing this, fouling on contested shots. You are bailing out the shooter. Stop it, just stop. Also Booker playing macho man knocking down defenders especially known floppers like that #17 slime ball.

But again I have to harp on the refs. A touch foul was called on Phoenix in the first half and on the next play Baynes was clearly pushed out of bounds. He comes back on defense and pushes Adams and gets the (correct) call (Adams gets a T). If only they would call it fair and consistent.

Agree. If the shooter already has a good look at the basket why bother. Once a shooter is locked in, it's all over anyway.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson