Suns @ Spurs Saturday game thread 5-15-2021

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd like to see the numbers of the Suns' 3FG% depending on whether Ayton is on or off the floor. I suspect we'd find that it's lower when he's on, because either the Suns are in tunnel vision mode trying to feed him, or they've given up and are playing 4-on-5. I know that this was only one game, but it feels like it's probably not a coincidence that their ball movement was so much better.

not really we chuck them I’d he’s on the floor or not it’s just you noticed it today because everything we put up went it.

everybody was having a good game today.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
As I mentioned to Ouchie. I'd play the game the same way as today and consider it practice.
Yeah, I don’t know if there is that much difference between playing low minutes and approximately half a game versus sitting out completely. Especially with a week of rest on the horizon.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I don’t know if there is that much difference between playing low minutes and approximately half a game versus sitting out completely. Especially with a week of rest on the horizon.

Yeah, there really isn't except for the very small chance of injury.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns have gone all out to win games all season. I'd like to see them finish the same way. I know there is a small chance of injury but injuries can happen even in practice.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, there really isn't except for the very small chance of injury.

lt’s a small risk of injury, for a tiny chance of a Sacramento victory.

if they decide to sit book cp3 and mikal, I would be ok with it.

honestly I was scared to death somebody was going to get injured today, even though I knew it was very unlikely.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

honestly I was scared to death somebody was going to get injured today, even though I knew it was very unlikely.

Yeah I'm okay either way, play them or not. I'd worry more about having every one in peak condition for the first round more than trying to jockey for a position that might be out of our control.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Playoffs don’t start until the 22nd. Unless there is an injury risk, there is really no reason to rest anybody. Especially if a win allows us to control our part in trying to get the #1 seed.

San Antonio has more reason to rest since they will be playing in a few days in the play in.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looking forward to tom morning gm hilarious suns play freaking spurs twice to end season.....

I'm guessing ayton probably won't play tom

Hope to see a great gm like it was today vs spurs bench even with popovich probably back

Go suns tom!!!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mikal is not sitting. He hasn't missed a game as a Sun and I believe he didn't miss a game during his 3 years in college. He prides himself on being an iron man.

I can see CP3 resting though. If he plays at all, I highly doubt he makes it to the second half. I think that's probably the way they should go, play normal for 2 quarters and then sit starters at the half.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose