Suns @ Spurs Saturday game thread 1-28-2023

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man the Suns almost let this get away. The Spurs dominated us in the paint.

Bridges though was huge down the stretch scoring and that big block. Bridges has been a beast for most of the last 10 games. I bet most people didn’t see that coming. Also, CP3 looks like he is all the way back. He has been so aggressive as of late.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CP3 looks healthy for the first time all year, Bridges continues to be aggressive offensively which could be huge later when Booker is back and teams try to double or triple Book. While the losing has sucked it may have been a blessing in disguise as it has let others develop a little more. If we are healthy we will be a team no one wants to play come playoffs…

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They also put Bridges on Sochen down the stretch and Bridges did a good job on him forcing him to give up the ball. Unfortunately, Johnson went off and Bridges coudon’t be in two places at once.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was out at gf just got home missed gm

Awesome to see suns won in ot almost forgot bout gm lol

Great gm by cp3 old cp3 type gm :) also decent da gm And bridges balled judging by stats!

Lol gotta do it cereal milk kush 420 to a nice dub!

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
CP3 looks healthy for the first time all year, Bridges continues to be aggressive offensively which could be huge later when Booker is back and teams try to double or triple Book. While the losing has sucked it may have been a blessing in disguise as it has let others develop a little more. If we are healthy we will be a team no one wants to play come playoffs…
They should rest him again before the playoffs. As long as we’re not a play-in team I couldn’t care less about seeding.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasted 4 hours of my life watching the incredibly predictable Royal Rumble. Apparently I missed CP3 doing a 2007 groundhog day performance

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wasted 4 hours of my life watching the incredibly predictable Royal Rumble. Apparently I missed CP3 doing a 2007 groundhog day performance

lol, I watched the "Royal Rumble" portion of that myself! The first live wrestling I've watched in over a decade.

Totally predictable.

Outside of the Logan Paul/Ricochet spot, which was great... and for me to say that, after seeing freaking Logan Paul came out and hoping someone would legit cripple him, says a lot.

And wow, that Booker T cameo was saaaaaaaad. Like... really? If he can't even do his kick then don't put him out there.

Royal Rumble was always my favorite event, super chaotic, always had a touch of nostalgia, but to have their big "surprise" be Booker T for a very sad 20 seconds and Rey Mysterio... only to have him not even show up, that sucked. Was the Rey thing a plot line? Did he just flat out no show? Was he drunk in the green room?

Probably questions for another sub forum.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pleased to be watching the transition of Mikal Bridges to a crunch time player who can make key baskets with the game on the line, not to mention his transition as a scorer. This should definitely help in the playoffs. Also, as noted, we had the appearance of vintage Chris Paul. Now if the Suns can only get healthy and fortify their roster, particularly at power forward.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I watched the game late last night.

Monty pushed that unit in the fourth and they ended up giving up the lead. I guess he wanted to see if they could maintain it?

Bridges was finally not annoying and came through big.

Ayton still eh. He tried a shot near the end and it’s like the ball squirted out of his hands, or he just threw it up.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the game late last night.

Monty pushed that unit in the fourth and they ended up giving up the lead. I guess he wanted to see if they could maintain it?

Bridges was finally not annoying and came through big.

Ayton still eh. He tried a shot near the end and it’s like the ball squirted out of his hands, or he just threw it up.

Eddie Johnson mentioned Ayton does not have huge hands. Maybe that is an issue.

When Chris Paul grabs hold the ball, it's like the jaws of life. He must have some of the strongest hands in the NBA.