Suns @ Spurs Monday game thread 1-17-2022

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
McGee + Biyombo are two of the best frontcourt pickups the Suns have ever made... both in the same season, no less.
Suns have made big men look good lately. Remember Aron Baynes? Even Saric and Frank have looked really good.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns have made big men look good lately. Remember Aron Baynes? Even Saric and Frank have looked really good.

I think Baynes was wildly overrated here; he was nothing more than a brief hot stretch of three point shooting, he couldn't defend a lick, his rebounding was suspect and if his shot was off he was useless.

But yes, over the last few years big men have been utilized well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to the Cards game last night and all I can say is:

THANK GOD FOR THE SUNS.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was truly something to behold, live in person.

It is not the right forum for the question (but there is a lot of noise over there)... I am not sure who's failure I find more depressing... Kliff and his pathetic, patently awful, game plan or Kyler and his failure to do anything with what few opportunities presented themselves.

I do know that Kyler as a pocket QB is a disaster... what happened to our QB options that were our bread and butter for most of the year?

It is like if the Suns went into the playoffs and then told Paul and Booker "no more pick and rolls... yeah, it is what got us here but it is also exactly what they expect us to do... from now on only half court three pointers!"

Not to absolve Kyler though, while the game plan was pathetic, his play was worse. That endzone pick is probably the most embarrassing play I have ever seen by a Cardinal, which is low praise.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to watch both the Cardinals and Suns games.

Thankfully the Suns gave me a sanctuary in the second half of the Cardinals game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Control your mascots or Devin Booker may have to take care of the matter. :cool:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers beat the Jazz last night. Also in the Eastern Conference the Hawks beat the Bucks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bismack Biyombo had 17 points and 14 rebounds. He is presently the Suns third center.

The Suns don't win without him even with Booker's amazing 48 point game.

Brilliant signing by James Jones. I only wish he was signed for more than one season.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
63 points, 18 assists, 7 rebounds, 55 and 58% shooting, and zero turnovers. That was Book and CP3 together last night. The last number is the most remarkable for a set of guards. One of the great under-discussed keys to this team's success is their ability to avoid turnovers--especially when the ball moves around as much as it does.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
63 points, 18 assists, 7 rebounds, 55 and 58% shooting, and zero turnovers. That was Book and CP3 together last night. The last number is the most remarkable for a set of guards. One of the great under-discussed keys to this team's success is their ability to avoid turnovers--especially when the ball moves around as much as it does.
Impressive and that's without the 5 steals Paul and Booker combined for.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Awesom w by suns gj on 48 pts by book lol least 1 az team knows how to show up in big gms most times

Edibles time to suns w takin break from smokin for lungs bit :]

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesom w by suns gj on 48 pts by book lol least 1 az team knows how to show up in big gms most times

Edibles time to suns w takin break from smokin for lungs bit :]
Yep, save the lungs, remember the damage we do to them really adds up over time.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Living in Austin means that Spurs games are blacked out and I’m just now watching. This is one of the most entertaining EJ games I’ve heard this year. Lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA