Suns @ Spurs 11-23-15

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The only one to show up tonight was Morris, ironically enough. Tele was ok. Knight sucked, but at least he played.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only one to show up tonight was Morris, ironically enough. Tele was ok. Knight sucked, but at least he played.

Really? I don't get how Bledsoe is still getting ripped, especially on really snide stuff like that, he came back and played with some obvious pain in last night's game. The guy has been an absolute monster this season, his level of play has gone up several notches. Easily one of the top 10 guards in the NBA so far this year.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Less of a rip on Bledsoe, more of a statement to the "Knight is a beast" crowd. Definitely could have used Bledsoe tonight.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could have used some free throws tonight but the Spurs always seems to be able to play rough with no penalty... Whatever it's so ridiculous the stuff they get away with.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I can't understand Hornacek.

Why did Goodwin and Len fall out of the rotation?

Why does Tucker get so many minutes still over Warren?

Tucker 30 minutes, 0 points 2 rebounds 1 assist 3 turnovers 3 steals
Leonard 37 minutes 24 points 13 reboundss 4 assists 3turnovers 4 steals

I don't think Hornacek actually has any concept for what he is doing.

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could have used some free throws tonight but the Spurs always seems to be able to play rough with no penalty... Whatever it's so ridiculous the stuff they get away with.

I know. I hate to pull that card and sound like a homer, but it's true.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
28 turnovers?? And people are bitching about Beldsoe not playing, Knight's poor shooting and Hornacek not playing the right guys??

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score

What a concept.

23 assists 28 turnovers

They probably tried to pass the ball too much.

If they could average 23 assists per night they would lead the league, 3 assists better than the league leading Warriors. Unfortunately they are next are next to last in Turnovers @ 15.2 and they doubled that tonight.

What are we trying to do anyway?

Hard to watch basketball.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Because Goodwin sucks. Why is that so hard for people to finally get through their heads?

Now that is actually a good question.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because Goodwin sucks. Why is that so hard for people to finally get through their heads?

Now that is actually a good question.

We need to trade Tucker. Quickly, before his value drops anymore. He is finished.

NBA players play in spurts. Good players at their peak have 4 good games out of 5. They still keep having good games, just less often. Tucker is down to like 1 out of 6.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Goodwin fell out because he kills us more often than not. Len disappeared from yesterday's game because during his brief 6 minute stretch we were outscored by 14. I've wanted Tucker benched for a year now but to be fair, he's only logging 5.5 minutes per game more than Warren.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seemed like when the Suns handled the ball it had butter on it. I cringed whenever they passed the ball. Markieff had 6 turnovers and Knight had 8 of the Suns 28 turnovers. However, they were obviously not the only culprits.

I didn't keep track of how Knight turned the ball over last night but I do have an issue with how he handles the ball. He often puts the ball loose in front of him (like he is loosing control) which he uses to set up his crossover dribble. IMO, this sloppiness leads to some of his turnovers off the dribble and likely, general sloppiness when passing the ball. It's a bad habit.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need to trade Tucker. Quickly, before his value drops anymore. He is finished.

NBA players play in spurts. Good players at their peak have 4 good games out of 5. They still keep having good games, just less often. Tucker is down to like 1 out of 6.

Minimally Tucker should be brought off the bench.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Tucker plays because he's the teams best defensive player along with Bled. He's usually asked to guard the opponents best player at his position. Any scoring you get from him is a bonus.
Not quite sure why Goodwin's buried on the bench while Booker gets the start last night in his rookie season. Goodwin might need an attitude adjustment?
They did try to get Len involved by trying to feed him down low but Len couldnt get a handle on the ball or got it stripped and he was pulled after 6 mins. During the timeout you could see Horny reaming Len on the bench. He's def not in the coaches favor this season.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Minimally Tucker should be brought off the bench.
I don't know why everybodies so down on Tucker. Against NO he was the only player on the team that could defend freakin Ryan Anderson. IMO PJ or TJ depends on the matchup. Sort of like a lefty/righty left fielder platoon.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't know why everybodies so down on Tucker. Against NO he was the only player on the team that could defend freakin Ryan Anderson. IMO PJ or TJ depends on the matchup. Sort of like a lefty/righty left fielder platoon.

For me it's because of his inconsistent effort. He'll start the game on cruise control and than he'll turn it up in the second half. Or he'll start the game giving effort and then he'll wander the court in a zombie state. He's all effort for part of the game and then he isn't.

Two years ago he was a very good defender and deserved all league consideration. But he's been up and down since then. Given that he's a huge liability in the offense and he's out there with a defense only center, it's a real problem for us.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
For me it's because of his inconsistent effort. He'll start the game on cruise control and than he'll turn it up in the second half. Or he'll start the game giving effort and then he'll wander the court in a zombie state. He's all effort for part of the game and then he isn't.

Two years ago he was a very good defender and deserved all league consideration. But he's been up and down since then. Given that he's a huge liability in the offense and he's out there with a defense only center, it's a real problem for us.
Yeah, and what happened to his shot? He used to be pretty good from the corner.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, and what happened to his shot? He used to be pretty good from the corner.

He had that one year where he shot fairly well from the left corner but I think it stood out more because of how poorly he shot from elsewhere. For the year he shot just under 39% from 3 that season and his other years he's ranged from 31% to less than 35%.

This year Tucker is giving us fewer than 7 points and 5 rebounds a game (in 27 minutes). You have to be more than a pretty good defender to justify a starting spot with those numbers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not down on Tucker but I do not think he contributes enough to be a starter. Warren is the Suns future at SF which should begin now. There are going to be games where he is not playing well, but the same applies to Tucker. If Tucker came off the bench he would provide more energy off the bench and perhaps help his game as well. As you say the Suns need his defense. Sometimes I think Hornacek is loyal to a fault when it comes to starting Tucker.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another thought, didn't the Suns have strong interest in small forward DeMarre Carroll in free agency. He is a 3 and D type player so the Suns had to be thinking about this position.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Tucker plays because he's the teams best defensive player along with Bled. He's usually asked to guard the opponents best player at his position. Any scoring you get from him is a bonus.
Not quite sure why Goodwin's buried on the bench while Booker gets the start last night in his rookie season. Goodwin might need an attitude adjustment?
They did try to get Len involved by trying to feed him down low but Len couldnt get a handle on the ball or got it stripped and he was pulled after 6 mins. During the timeout you could see Horny reaming Len on the bench. He's def not in the coaches favor this season.

Isn't it obvious? The rookie Booker has more talent right now than the "veteran" Goodwin. You can see it on the court even.