Suns Sign New Free-TV Deal

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the channel number for 3tv on directv?

It's on channel 3.

December 2nd is the first game that is not listed to be televised on 3TV or a national channel.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's on channel 3.

December 2nd is the first game that is not listed to be televised on 3TV or a national channel.

Channel 3 for my folks is PBS here. I don’t know how else to explain to them.

Are you on stream or satellite?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Channel 3 for my folks is PBS here. I don’t know how else to explain to them.

Are you on stream or satellite?

I'm on satellite. The local channels such as 3, 5, 10, 12 and 15 show up on their normal Phoenix channels.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm on satellite. The local channels such as 3, 5, 10, 12 and 15 show up on their normal Phoenix channels.

3 and 5 are PBS here.

I have nothing on 10 and 12

15 is KRMA but doesn’t show up.

What package are you on?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 and 5 are PBS here.

I have nothing on 10 and 12

15 is KRMA but doesn’t show up.

What package are you on?

Channel 15 is ABC (KNXV) showing Texas-SanAntonio vs Tulane at the moment.

On channel 10 is local Fox and channel 12 is local NBC. Channel 8 is KAET.

Btw, I have a Regional Sports Package, but I think that is mostly about NBA TV, channel 216. I'm not sure what else that covers.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think those channels they listed on dtv are the local channels in the Phoenix area. If your local channels are not from the Phoenix area, I doubt they would show up on those channels. But, I don't have dtv anymore, so I could be way off. :shrug:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still hearing a lot of complaining about the Suns game availability so I put together a chart that represents local TV/streaming availability from last season to this season.

Local Game Availability.
You must be registered for see images attach

The only people who have a valid complaint are DirecTV users but a game has yet to air solely on AZFS 44 yet so they haven't missed anything.

I've heard some rumblings about the quality of the broadcast, but I haven't noticed anything significant compared to Bally Sports.

Factor in the FREE OTA broadcasts and the stand alone streaming service for those who don't can't pick up antenna signal, and the lingering complaints seem ridiculous to me.

All of the complaining I've seen is coming from YouTube TV subscribers who didn't even get Bally Sports last season.
Don’t agree. Streamers have a legit complaint. Especially when AZFamily is available on some services but still subject to blackout for games. This chart is helpful though.

I finally found a cheap solution with the HDHomerun OTA tuner. Is only $99 bucks and you can hook up an external hardwire and pay a monthly fee for DVR or you can hook it up to plex amd DVR for free.