Suns sign Josh Okogie

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Maybe that's what the Suns were looking for. Instead of someone who can shoot, someone who can add more defense. Sooner or later though, the Suns have to address shooting off the bench and more specifically the PG position.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that's interesting. I wonder if it means Robert is just a lame duck figurehead now?

I found that interesting as well but I'm not reading much into it because it's a minimum deal. Rich Paul likely doesn't know who Okogie is. He just happens to be a Klutch client.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found that interesting as well but I'm not reading much into it because it's a minimum deal. Rich Paul likely doesn't know who Okogie is. He just happens to be a Klutch client.
Yeah but Sarver knows who Klutch sports is so if he's still the decision maker I don't see how that gets past him. I know JJ would have no trouble dealing with Lebron's people but after the Watson blowup, no way does Robert willingly go that way IMO. I really think this means something but after a decade plus of Sarver maybe I'm just desperately grasping at straws.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Yeah but Sarver knows who Klutch sports is so if he's still the decision maker I don't see how that gets past him. I know JJ would have no trouble dealing with Lebron's people but after the Watson blowup, no way does Robert willingly go that way IMO. I really think this means something but after a decade plus of Sarver maybe I'm just desperately grasping at straws.

Could be, but it's also possible he told JJ to do whatever he needs to do, and JJ is calling the shots.
This is also an "end of the bench" signing so if something goes wrong, they can literally just cut him, so there is really no risk involved.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be, but it's also possible he told JJ to do whatever he needs to do, and JJ is calling the shots.
This is also an "end of the bench" signing so if something goes wrong, they can literally just cut him, so there is really no risk involved.
No, it clearly means Sarver is out. I checked with my Magic 8 ball and it came up with "it is decidedly so". How much more proof could anyone need?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was going to mention what SirStefan did about end of the bench and cutting but he beat me to it.

Another thing, which I wouldn't put past Sarver at all, is this could be an attempt of "See, I've changed! I hired a Rich Paul client." Especially since some of the other moves that have been made around the team almost appear to be of that same nature. I'm referencing how the Suns hired an Assistant GM who is a woman of color and also how much they've touted an executive came out as gay.

I don't want to sound like a cynic or that I'm doubting the credentials or qualifications of anyone. I'm glad to see progress made in various ways but Sarver is a POS and I have a hard time believing he'd do anything without an ulterior motive, especially when that motive is saving his ass or making him look good.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Guys klutch is now the hoops wing of CAA. There’s virtually no way to avoid them now if you’re an nba team.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys klutch is now the hoops wing of CAA. There’s virtually no way to avoid them now if you’re an nba team.
Except I'm pretty sure they have avoided them for 4 years now. Also, unless there's been a merger I think it's one of CAA's biggest competitors that Klutch is involved with (UTA). But Klutch is growing powerful within the industry so maybe you're right and Sarver just read the writing on the wall.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Except I'm pretty sure they have avoided them for 4 years now. Also, unless there's been a merger I think it's one of CAA's biggest competitors that Klutch is involved with (UTA). But Klutch is growing powerful within the industry so maybe you're right and Sarver just read the writing on the wall.
Oops, right UTA. Regardless they’ve grown to the extent that it’s not like just avoiding a single agent which may have been common back in the day.

Reaction score
I reviewed this thread, and saw "Immediately becomes one of the best on the team for point of attack." Could someone explain what "for point of attack" means? I had no idea, but I'm slowly guessing it's (really bad) basketball jargon meaning either "on-ball defense" or "leads the defense by virtue of his aggression." Kind of like Raja Bell, perhaps?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I reviewed this thread, and saw "Immediately becomes one of the best on the team for point of attack." Could someone explain what "for point of attack" means? I had no idea, but I'm slowly guessing it's (really bad) basketball jargon meaning either "on-ball defense" or "leads the defense by virtue of his aggression." Kind of like Raja Bell, perhaps?
Harassing the ball handler coming out of the backcourt. Making it harder for the opposing team to get into their sets because he has to make the point guard work harder just to get free.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harassing the ball handler coming out of the backcourt. Making it harder for the opposing team to get into their sets because he has to make the point guard work harder just to get free.
Think Lil Sweet from New Orleans

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose