Suns sign Javale McGee

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Completely agree. Ayton, Bridges, Booker, Johnson, and even Payne should all get a little bit better (Booker should get better mentally and avoid those little but costly mistakes). If the Suns win it all, it will be because of their core getting better and developing properly.
And that development should be expected.

Players develop all the way until their early 30s. If the Suns can keep this core together for years, they should be a player in the Western Conference for the next five years.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wish had mcgee this yr hope he stays healthy for poffs for u know....

Let's go suns!! More nice roster fillups like this for depth!!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bucks bullied the crap out of us in the finals, and I don't see that strategy changing. Their ability to get second shots and shut down our drivers was a real problem, and I don't see the necessary additions in size or creation have been added to see a different outcome.

The Suns lost Dario Saric in Game 1 of the Finals.

I'm not saying it would have made the difference but the Suns needed his presence inside against the bigger Bucks.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And that development should be expected.

Players develop all the way until their early 30s. If the Suns can keep this core together for years, they should be a player in the Western Conference for the next five years.
Ayton probably needs to make the biggest leap and become a focal-point in the offense. He needs to be automatic like Jokic and Giannis respectfully. I saw glimpses of it in the finals and was looking like D-Rob with those post moves but it went away early. We need that in a bad way this year.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I'm not saying it would have made the difference but the Suns needed his presence inside against the bigger Bucks.

There needed to be capable bigs on the roster other than just Ayton and Dario. If there had been, then we would have won it all. It doesn't seem that the lesson has been learned, only now it's just Ayton and McGee instead of just Ayton and Saric. Even in today's NBA, a team needs more than two capable bigs on its roster if it wants to win it all.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Losing 4 in a row after being up 2-0 is demolition, anyway you slice it.
Ugh can't man watch finals highlights which fing sucks like cards u know just upsets emotions to much

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There needed to be capable bigs on the roster other than just Ayton and Dario. If there had been, then we would have won it all. It doesn't seem that the lesson has been learned, only now it's just Ayton and McGee instead of just Ayton and Saric. Even in today's NBA, a team needs more than two capable bigs on its roster if it wants to win it all.
NBA needs to stay consistent...call the game the same all year. Bucks did what the refs allowed which was beat us up. Book gets stripped because of a foul that woulda been called March 18 but is let go in the playoffs. I think we only won the FT battle 1 time and that's because Hoser ******* about it. We were big enough. The refs let the Bucks get away with bull. I dont blame the refs cause we gotta make shots...but your 1sided view doesnt stick. We were plenty big.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
NBA needs to stay consistent...call the game the same all year. Bucks did what the refs allowed which was beat us up. Book gets stripped because of a foul that woulda been called March 18 but is let go in the playoffs. I think we only won the FT battle 1 time and that's because Hoser ******* about it. We were big enough. The refs let the Bucks get away with bull. I dont blame the refs cause we gotta make shots...but your 1sided view doesnt stick. We were plenty big.

That's playoff basketball, and it's not going to change...ever. So either the team needs a transcendent player, like Giannis, Michael Jordan, Lebron James or Steph Curry, the team needs a bunch of red hot shooters like Steph Curry and Klay Thompson, or the team needs to be constructed to be able to handle the basketbrawl when it inevitably happens. This team has some good players, even great, but nobody who is transcendent or who will ever be transcendent in the future, and it certainly doesn't have shooters like Steph Curry and Klay Thompson.

So there is only one solution, if we want a championship...

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
We were in games 4 5 and 6 till very end. Yes we lost 4 in a row but we werent demolished.

Uh, what? Who said demolished? Why did you quote me?

Then you follow it up by blaming the refs? Good look.

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Yeah, he definitely could have helped. That said, even with Saric, we needed more size in that series, and I'm not sure McGee alone is enough to solve the problem.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh, what? Who said demolished? Why did you quote me?

Then you follow it up by blaming the refs? Good look.
Yeah I think he was trying to respond to you and another poster at the same time, the other poster did use the word demolition to describe the series.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he definitely could have helped. That said, even with Saric, we needed more size in that series, and I'm not sure McGee alone is enough to solve the problem.

Agree. I think the Suns need at least one more player that can play the 4/5.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I've only seen McGee on Shaqtin a fool. Are you all serious, is he good enough to get minutes in the playoffs?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Ha, he's grown up a lot lately...considering he's our only backup big man, he'll be getting minutes whether he's playing well or not! :)

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Need to sign another big PF to take Saric minutes. More of a banger than a finesse player like Frank the Tank. Can we get Juice back?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Ayton probably needs to make the biggest leap and become a focal-point in the offense. He needs to be automatic like Jokic and Giannis respectfully. I saw glimpses of it in the finals and was looking like D-Rob with those post moves but it went away early. We need that in a bad way this year.
I actually don't really agree. If Ayton can be an 18-10 guy who plays really good defense, the Suns can win a lot of ball games. He needs to develop a little more at creating his own shot, but really only on a few possessions a game.

The Suns are going to win ball games with Booker and Paul. I think the biggest leap the Suns can make is from either Bridges or Cam Johnson. If one or both continue to get better off the dribble, the Suns will be a tough match up for most teams.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting thing about the McGee signing.

1. He is CP3's guy. JJ and Monty might want him, but Chris had him picked out already.
2. CP3 recruited him for next year while the playoffs were still happening. That guy is always thinking.
3. In a game where most guys would be checked out and enjoying the victory, CP3 was scouting.
4. What CP3 saw in McGee was a guy who was physically talented and working hard even in a game already lost. He saw hustle and character. That is a difference between LeBron and Paul. LeBron likes stars. He wants to play on teams full of stars. Paul understands what a team is.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually don't really agree. If Ayton can be an 18-10 guy who plays really good defense, the Suns can win a lot of ball games. He needs to develop a little more at creating his own shot, but really only on a few possessions a game.

The Suns are going to win ball games with Booker and Paul. I think the biggest leap the Suns can make is from either Bridges or Cam Johnson. If one or both continue to get better off the dribble, the Suns will be a tough match up for most teams.
I think it needs to be more than a "little more". The finals would have turned out different if we had a steady reliable low post scoring presence who could put up high percentage shots when the outside wasn't going. He doesn't need to be the go to guy every game but he definitely needs to be a reliable threat down there as the next evolution of his game to be more than a pick and role guy who needs to be setup.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it needs to be more than a "little more". The finals would have turned out different if we had a steady reliable low post scoring presence who could put up high percentage shots when the outside wasn't going. He doesn't need to be the go to guy every game but he definitely needs to be a reliable threat down there as the next evolution of his game to be more than a pick and role guy who needs to be setup.

the finals would have turned out differently if Paul would have been able to deal with Holiday.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose