Suns sign Javale McGee

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Coaching solves a lot of those issues but do you really think there is a team that has a magical nightly fix for every match-up disadvantage? It doesn't work that way, it's NEVER worked that way. It would be nice to add another rotation player, maybe even two, it's not a horrible failure if that doesn't happen.

The Bucks certainly had. So would have the Nets, Lakers, Nuggets and Clippers but for untimely injuries. The Hawks do now. The Suns need to get their roster to that level.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bucks certainly had. So would have the Nets, Lakers, Nuggets and Clippers but for untimely injuries. The Hawks do now. The Suns need to get their roster to that level.
If the Suns had not had untimely injuries to Booker and Paul they would’ve swept the Bucks without a doubt

And if you rely on players with an injury history like the Nets the clippers and the Lakers do they know those are not untimely injuries those are expected events to happen

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's pure nonsense.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another positive to this signing, Shaq always talks about JaVale McGee so those who get upset that the Suns never get national coverage will be able to see JaVale featured on "Shaqtin a Fool" once a month.

Its funny and a bit petty how much Shaq picks on McGee. He does some boneheaded things, sure, but Shaq makes sure to highlight every questionable play he makes. Shaq definitely seeks out McGee errors more than anyone else in the league because they've beefed with each for a long time.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another positive to this signing, Shaq always talks about JaVale McGee so those who get upset that the Suns never get national coverage will be able to see JaVale featured on "Shaqtin a Fool" once a month.

Its funny and a bit petty how much Shaq picks on McGee. He does some boneheaded things, sure, but Shaq makes sure to highlight every questionable play he makes. Shaq definitely seeks out McGee errors more than anyone else in the league because they've beefed with each for a long time.

I haven't watched that program in quite a while but I thought that 3 or 4 years ago Shaq's mom made him promise to no longer try to humiliate Javale on his show? Did he go back on that promise?

And yes, Shaq is incredibly petty.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't watched that program in quite a while but I thought that 3 or 4 years ago Shaq's mom made him promise to no longer try to humiliate Javale on his show? Did he go back on that promise?

And yes, Shaq is incredibly petty.

I remember seeing JaVale on there twice last year. He didn't rail on him as hard as he has in the past but I remember EJ getting worried when he saw JaVale at the start of the first clip. Shaq said something about McGee not being exempt from the list when he does dumb things. It was something that was actually funny though, so I don't believe he was being targeted that time but then again he's someone who can't make a mistake without Shaq jumping on it.

There wasnt anything special the second time I saw him on there. No one seemed to make any extra note of JaVale being featured.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Other teams have improved more. Right now, if Murray returns to health, the Nuggets are probably the favorites in the West. And the Lakers are already the favorites to win the division.
Was there anything the Suns could do to unseat the Lakers from being the favorite? I mean, the sky is blue too dude...

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Other teams have improved more. Right now, if Murray returns to health, the Nuggets are probably the favorites in the West. And the Lakers are already the favorites to win the division.

The Lakers do not scare me at all. Westbrook and Lebron will not work well together. Anthony Davis is incredibly injury prone, and they will fill out the rest of the roster with scrubs.

That team can't shoot - it just is not going to work.

Sure they are favorites of the media, but the Lakers are always favored by the media.

Suns should have the best regular season record in the west as long as they can stay healthy.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

Social Justice, er, I mean Golden State Warriors attacked TNT/ Shaq for "bullying" McGee. TNT ordered Shaq to stop. This was all a few years back when he played for the Warriors, so I don't know if there have been any other developments since then.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's complete fake news that the Suns aren't better.

Shamet means the Suns don't have to always have Booker and Paul on the floor. Their current rotation usually would have Payne play with either Booker or Paul, and now they can sit both and have Payne and Shamet on the floor together and not go through stretches where getting a bucket is tough.

McGee is what the doctor ordered. When Ayton got in foul trouble or when he sat for long stretches, the Suns didn't have a single big who was a plus defender. Saric was ok, but McGee is a legit post defender.

The 4 does need one more body, but the current rotation of Crowder and Cam J is more than good enough. A banger would be helpful, but the way the Suns play, you'd also have to consider another guy who can knock down outside shots consistently. Lauri Markannen would be perfect, but I don't think the Suns have anything worthwhile to trade to get him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is some video about the impression JaVale McGee made on Chris Paul.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's complete fake news that the Suns aren't better.

Shamet means the Suns don't have to always have Booker and Paul on the floor. Their current rotation usually would have Payne play with either Booker or Paul, and now they can sit both and have Payne and Shamet on the floor together and not go through stretches where getting a bucket is tough.

McGee is what the doctor ordered. When Ayton got in foul trouble or when he sat for long stretches, the Suns didn't have a single big who was a plus defender. Saric was ok, but McGee is a legit post defender.

The 4 does need one more body, but the current rotation of Crowder and Cam J is more than good enough. A banger would be helpful, but the way the Suns play, you'd also have to consider another guy who can knock down outside shots consistently. Lauri Markannen would be perfect, but I don't think the Suns have anything worthwhile to trade to get him.

Markannen is the guy I would want the most. It's not happening though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yea… cuz no other pro sports team has “holes.”
2 wins away from a NBA Championship and the team has only improved.
Your incessant screams that the theatre is “on fire” are tiresome and annoying.
Subtract Craig and Dario. Not being a negative Nancy, but…

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Subtract Craig and Dario. Not being a negative Nancy, but…

Replaced Dario with JaVale. We need to replace Craig but improvements by our youngsters could very well cover that.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Booker, Ayton, Cam J, Mikal, Stix, even Cam Payne. They're not old and its reasonable to expect all will improve.

If you're counting on Stix for anything at all prior to 2023, you're not being realistic.

None of the others are power forwards.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Personally I feel all of Craigs minutes should all go to Cam Johnson. I feel he more than earned them the way he was playing in the playoffs, and he was not getting enough playing time.

Nice to now have Nader as well, who I think can be comprable to Craig if he gets worked into the rotation.

Cam J wasn't getting the playing time in the playoffs because his defense was atrocious, and because he was getting bullied off the court. He really needs his time to come at the 3 at this point, not the 4.

Meanwhile, Nader is 3 inches shorter than Craig. It's a stretch to play him at the 3. It would be beyond laughable to play him at the 4 or as a small-ball 5.

When was the last time a 6'5" shooting guard played center in the NBA?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose