Captain of Team Murray
- Jul 21, 2002
- Reaction score
- Orange County, CA
Do you know how many teams have ALL of these "holes" filled?I concur that we didn't need huge changes.
At the same time, we had holes to fill:
1. Back-up to Ayton. Check.
2. Back-up combo guard. Check.
3. True power forward. Our biggest need three offseasons running. Still not addressed.
4. Guard/Wing other than Booker and CP3 who can create offense for himself and others. Not filled.
5. Third point guard who can play back-up minutes when we need to load manage CP3. Not filled.
6. Replacement for Torrey Craig. Not filled, and he played a major role for us down the stretch.
7. Third string 4/5. Not filled.
The way I see it, we have two major holes and three minor holes to fill. I could live with the remaining minor holes if there was at least a good attempt to fill the major ones.
Your checklist is literally every ideal backup player a team would want.
True PF? There are like 10 of them in the NBA.
Guard/Wing other than Booker.....a combo of Payne and Shamet fills this role.
3rd PG? That will likely be a minimum player over the next week or so. FA still is only a few days.