Suns sign Javale McGee

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Personally I feel all of Craigs minutes should all go to Cam Johnson. I feel he more than earned them the way he was playing in the playoffs, and he was not getting enough playing time.

Nice to now have Nader as well, who I think can be comprable to Craig if he gets worked into the rotation.
Agree. Can Johnson is ready for larger role. I hope he gets a little stronger and works on his handles. And yeah, of healthy Nader gives us hustle and a guy willing to drive the hole.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bucks bullied the crap out of us in the finals, and I don't see that strategy changing. Their ability to get second shots and shut down our drivers was a real problem, and I don't see the necessary additions in size or creation have been added to see a different outcome.

If Paul can once again shoot, handle the ball and pass, I don't see the Bucks or any team shutting down our drivers. We're going to give up a little in the power positions against a lot of teams, that's typically the case for any team whose talent lies mainly in the guard spots but as Ayton develops, that becomes less of an issue.

Make both teams healthy and I have zero concerns about beating the Bucks going forward. My concerns are more about beating the Lakers, Nets, 76ers, Clippers, Nuggets, Jazz and maybe even the Hawks but not so much the Bucks.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Make both teams healthy and I have zero concerns about beating the Bucks going forward. My concerns are more about beating the Lakers, Nets, 76ers, Clippers, Nuggets, Jazz and maybe even the Hawks but not so much the Bucks.
I hope you're right...we were cruising through teams without much resistance, and then just got beat up 4 games in a row, and many of the issues were the same in those games.

AzStevenCal

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope you're right...we were cruising through teams without much resistance, and then just got beat up 4 games in a row, and many of the issues were the same in those games.

Watching Paul try to defend, dribble or pass was almost painful. He pushed through the pain for stretches but for much of the time he was a huge liability. No way do we lose those leads if Paul is healthy IMO. I don't mean it as an excuse, lots of teams were injured, but looking forward that team just doesn't worry me. And there are plenty of teams that do.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm surprised you feel that way. I still think the Bucks are more of a problem than anyone we faced. Giannis was clearly the most dominant player we faced, and they neutralized Booker/CP and especially Ayton quite effectively.

Bucks scare me more than retirement home Lakers, broken Clips, and whatever Utah/Denver has to offer.

Hoop Head

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm surprised you feel that way. I still think the Bucks are more of a problem than anyone we faced. Giannis was clearly the most dominant player we faced, and they neutralized Booker/CP and especially Ayton quite effectively.

Bucks scare me more than retirement home Lakers, broken Clips, and whatever Utah/Denver has to offer.

I think the Bucks will have more problems getting out of the East next year. The Heat got a lot better, the Nets are super dangerous and should be better, Philly is still a contender. The Bucks lost PJ and won't be able to replace him since they're in tax hell.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking them lightly but I think it'll be harder for them to repeat in the East than us in the West.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Agree. Can Johnson is ready for larger role. I hope he gets a little stronger and works on his handles. And yeah, of healthy Nader gives us hustle and a guy willing to drive the hole.
I agree as well. Cam Johnson probably has more balls than anyone else on this team. That dude will take a three with zero hesitation, he'll drive inside not giving a crap who is waiting for him in the paint. I just love watching this kid- he is afraid of nothing.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Bucks will have more problems getting out of the East next year. The Heat got a lot better, the Nets are super dangerous and should be better, Philly is still a contender. The Bucks lost PJ and won't be able to replace him since they're in tax hell.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking them lightly but I think it'll be harder for them to repeat in the East than us in the West.

I think the Knicks and Bulls might surprise.

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree as well. Cam Johnson probably has more balls than anyone else on this team. That dude will take a three with zero hesitation, he'll drive inside not giving a crap who is waiting for him in the paint. I just love watching this kid- he is afraid of nothing.

He has balls, but here's the rub: Does he have muscle?

taz02

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Chances of facing the bucks in next years finals is slim to none. We need to prepare for and worry about a healthy Western Conf.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chances of facing the bucks in next years finals is slim to none. We need to prepare for and worry about a healthy Western Conf.

agreed. and the Nets.

the reality is that the greater source of improvement should come from within this team. If Ayton and Bridges are going to get big time extensions, they need to match those dollars with improved play across the board.

Krangthebrain

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Totally agree. Cam is one of my favorite players in the entire NBA....maybe because of the negative reaction so many on this board had to the Suns drafting him.

His defense is improving quite a bit and he is a smart, tough player.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
agreed. and the Nets.

the reality is that the greater source of improvement should come from within this team. If Ayton and Bridges are going to get big time extensions, they need to match those dollars with improved play across the board.

Completely agree. Ayton, Bridges, Booker, Johnson, and even Payne should all get a little bit better (Booker should get better mentally and avoid those little but costly mistakes). If the Suns win it all, it will be because of their core getting better and developing properly.