Suns Sign Gabriel Lundberg to a two-way contract

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder what went down. This indicates the Suns wanted him to play Summer league without any strings attached. I presume he would be paid for playing, but sounds like he wanted a commitment for next season

I suspect Iffe preferred guaranteed money overseas than simply a chance to play in the NBA.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I can't blame Iffe.

I'm not sure there is a good reason for Wainright to be playing in summer league other than he hopes to stick with the Suns again.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish the Suns had given Iffe more guaranteed money or another two way contract considering what he had to sacrifice to play in the NBA.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wish the Suns had given Iffe more guaranteed money or another two way contract considering what he had to sacrifice to play in the NBA.

Ugh, that stinks for him. Sometimes you got to gamble. Hope he has a nice rest of his career.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ugh, that stinks for him. Sometimes you got to gamble. Hope he has a nice rest of his career.
Pretty sure he left Moscow to get away from the war so I don't think it was a gamble to try the NBA since most of the European leagues were already near the end at the time. Still would have been nice if the Suns had the ability to give him more of a shot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I didn't see enough of Iffe to really know but I thought he had a chance to take Payton's place on the roster or at least end up on a two-way contract.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think Iffey had the size, and athleticism. He didn't get that many minutes. He looked like Ish shooting his threes at first, off enough to miss. Ish eventually got more arch on his threes and they started dropping. I am assuming Lindbergh would have eventually got better with more playing time based on his European highlights. I think with more time he could have stuck in the NBA.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah he took a shot, was leaving Russia anyway. He should have tried another team that doesn't have a permanent Elfrid on the end of the bench.
I swear I forget Elfrid is even on the team and then like herpes he shows up in the locker room. Why is he still here?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah he took a shot, was leaving Russia anyway. He should have tried another team that doesn't have a permanent Elfrid on the end of the bench.
I swear I forget Elfrid is even on the team and then like herpes he shows up in the locker room. Why is he still here?

Elfrid Payton hasn't been re-signed by the Suns nor do I expect it.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I can see why we resigned Alfred based on his play with the Knicks. Had he played similar with us, we would have all been happy with his play.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can see why we resigned Alfred based on his play with the Knicks. Had he played similar with us, we would have all been happy with his play.

He was sneaky terrible for the Knicks too. By the time the playoffs rolled around he'd been dumped from their rotation.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was rereading the comments from an article about Iffe Lundberg returning overseas.

I'm wondering if the Suns might reconsider bringing him back later on a guaranteed contract.

I don't know if a two-way contract would be enough. There was a mention of "Maybe, we will come to this conversation later in the summer,.... "

By Duane Rankin, Arizona Republic:

"We were hoping to get a guaranteed deal for the upcoming season and then, no doubt, Iffe would have played," Lundberg's agent, Arturs Kalnitis, told The Republic on Wednesday night. "Either way, it was a great experience and he has nothing but the best to say about the Suns and the organization, coaching staff and people around the team. Maybe, we will come to this conversation later in the summer, but there is significant amount of interest in the player and we are weighing our options now to see what's best for Iffe and his family."

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was rereading the comments from an article about Iffe Lundberg returning overseas.

I'm wondering if the Suns might reconsider bringing him back later on a guaranteed contract.

I don't know if a two-way contract would be enough. There was a mention of "Maybe, we will come to this conversation later in the summer,.... "

By Duane Rankin, Arizona Republic:

"We were hoping to get a guaranteed deal for the upcoming season and then, no doubt, Iffe would have played," Lundberg's agent, Arturs Kalnitis, told The Republic on Wednesday night. "Either way, it was a great experience and he has nothing but the best to say about the Suns and the organization, coaching staff and people around the team. Maybe, we will come to this conversation later in the summer, but there is significant amount of interest in the player and we are weighing our options now to see what's best for Iffe and his family."

That's agent speak. If there was real interest then he would have signed with someone. There is virtually no chance the Suns will sign him to a regular contract. They wouldn't even offer a Two-Way to get him to take part in SL so that should tell you how much interest they have.

They already have Booker, Shamet, Payne, Paul, Lee, and Okogie under contract for next season. Lee and Okogie can play some SF but that's 3-4 SG's and 2 PG's.

While I think the Suns will explore options to add another PG, Iffy isn't the answer there. He's not a PG.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Awesome lunderberg in Phoenix really hoping he can eventually become cp3 backup pg

Gonna go watch some youtube highlights on him

Looking forward to season with or without kd sigh lol

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome lunderberg in Phoenix really hoping he can eventually become cp3 backup pg

Gonna go watch some youtube highlights on him

Looking forward to season with or without kd sigh lol

Put down the bong for a second. Lundberg is NOT in Phoenix next season. He signed with an Italian team.

Resume your regularly scheduled toking activities.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose