ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We actually really don’t. Who does he get minutes over:

Paul
Book
Payne
Reborn Shamet
Holiday
The last 5 games he should play 20 minutes a game at least in my book.

We need to see what he's got, and I'm sorry I am not in favor of playing anybody in the playoff rotation when we have nothing to play for.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Monte will give him some mins and let him earn more just like everyone else.
He's not gonna throw him to the wolves but I hope we do get to see enough to make the call.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is quite the celebration for a 2 way contract.

Doesn't it expire at season end? If he doesn't get his Visa worked our real soon, he may not even get to play for us this year.

There could be an option for a second year. There usually is in these cases. Ty-Shon Alexander had a deal like that. It keeps them with the team at least through Summer League.

In Iffy's case, he's 27 so I'd imagine this was viewed as sort of a last chance to make it to the NBA also.

All I could find on the contract he signed is that if we choose, he can be restricted this offseason. That could also be if we don't pick up an option. We can then sign him to another Two-Way deal this offseason.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There could be an option for a second year. There usually is in these cases. Ty-Shon Alexander had a deal like that. It keeps them with the team at least through Summer League.

In Iffy's case, he's 27 so I'd imagine this was viewed as sort of a last chance to make it to the NBA also.

All I could find on the contract he signed is that if we choose, he can be restricted this offseason. That could also be if we don't pick up an option. We can then sign him to another Two-Way deal this offseason.

I'm glad James Jones took this opportunity to sign Lundberg to a two-way contract.

He has a knack for finding hidden or underutilized talent.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this could be a signing to fill minutes at the end of the season while reducing minutes of others but also a potential tryout for next season. I simply don't think this makes sense to replace a Payton who knows our system for a guy who would have to learn it on the fly. Doesn't sound like a Monty thing to do at all. Hell he wouldn't even get Kaminsky off the bench last season during the playoffs until he tried everything else.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some interesting comments from a Duane Rankin article at the Arizona Republic regarding Gabriel Lundberg:

“My first name is Gabriel, but my middle name is Iffe."

-----------------------------------------------

“He’s got a great body for a guard,” Williams said. “He really shoots the ball a lot better than I anticipated. I didn’t know much about him and when he first got into the gym, I saw how easy he shot the ball. Saw the body. He’s square. He’s got a strong build and that means he can take a pounding when he’s going to the basket."

“I haven’t had enough time to really dive into him on film, but James spoke so highly of him and we wouldn't have him here if we didn't believe he could play," Williams continued. "So we're excited to have a Danish player on our team, but especially in the NBA."

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here are some interesting comments from a Duane Rankin article at the Arizona Republic regarding Gabriel Lundberg:

“My first name is Gabriel, but my middle name is Iffe."

“He’s got a great body for a guard,” Williams said. “He really shoots the ball a lot better than I anticipated. I didn’t know much about him and when he first got into the gym, I saw how easy he shot the ball. Saw the body. He’s square. He’s got a strong build and that means he can take a pounding when he’s going to the basket."

“I haven’t had enough time to really dive into him on film, but James spoke so highly of him and we wouldn't have him here if we didn't believe he could play," Williams continued. "So we're excited to have a Danish player on our team, but especially in the NBA."

Yep. I did notice that. His outside shot looks effortless. Like he is shooting a five-footer. He doesn't jack-knife his body to get it to the rim. It just floats out of his hands.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think if you have a great three point shooter that can play defense, in today's NBA it is much easier to acclimate. Just play all out D, race to the three point line, and even if you don't know plays, you can contribute. We will have opportunities in these last games to have him come in with the second unit if he can earn minutes injury practice. Holiday no way knows all our plays, but he contributes.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol lundberg sounds like goldbergggggg from mighty ducks films lol

Will he avliable in suns final reg season gms

Hope he gets a real shot at final roster spot

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ten things you should know about Gabriel Lundberg. See link in tweet below.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your stay was much to short. Goodbye.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Your stay was much to short. Goodbye.

I wonder what went down. This indicates the Suns wanted him to play Summer league without any strings attached. I presume he would be paid for playing, but sounds like he wanted a commitment for next season

One of the Suns' most recent international players Gabriel "Iffe" Lundberg isn't on the summer league team as expected.

The first Danish player in NBA history was signed in March to this past season's roster after he left playing professionally in Russia in March. But Lundberg said on Sunday he made a family decision to not take the risk playing without a contract and no guaranteed return to the Suns next season.

“I have always said that I would not play in the Summer League if I was not guaranteed a contract," Lundberg said. "I feel it's too big a risk to take, especially with a view to my family's future. I stand by that."