OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Alex Weiner of Arizona Sports:

The 6-foot-4 guard is from Copenhagen and has national team experience along with club. He scored 38 points for Denmark in a 2022 EuroBasket tournament qualifying game back in November of 2020. He hit seven of nine threes in that performance.

-------------------------------------------------

He has been able to create his own shot off the dribble and use his broad shoulders to muscle through defenders on drives.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Basketball News:

By Donatas Urbonas Senior Writer:

Recently, he terminated his contract with CSKA. Last summer, he penned a three-year (2+1) extension with the Russian club.

"I had to make a very hard decision, a decision based on the safety of my family's wellbeing. I'd like to thank the entire CSKA staff and organization. I'd like to personally thank Mr. Andrey Vatutin, miss Natalia Furaeva and most importantly, coach Itoudis for taking a chance on me and giving me the opportunity to play in the EuroLeague for the first time.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see he’s been watching Chris Paul that rip through is hilarious

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at some video it looks like Lundberg can shoot, create his own shot but has some point guard skills as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking if everything works out right, Lundberg could be getting the minutes that go to Payton plus possibly more.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He might get Shamet's minutes actually. It's not that hard to improve on what he is doing.

This is another possibility. Either way I think Payton gets pushed further down the depth chart.

I need to check to see if two-way players are allowed to play in the playoffs or would the Suns have to clear a roster spot if they like him.

Anyone know about the status of two-way players come playoff time?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per reports Lundberg paid his own buyout.

By DamonAllred @iamdamonallred, Bright Side of the Sun:

According to EuroHoops.net, Lundberg paid his own contract buyout with Moscow to leave his team; multiple teammates left amidst the invasion as well.

Lundberg played in 24 Euroleague contests this season — a league that’s widely considered, including by me, to be the best league outside of the NBA — and averaged 9.1 points, 2.1 rebounds, 2.0 assists, and 0.9 steals in 21.1 minutes per game, and shot 34% on 3.3 attempts from three.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t hurt right. Anything he gives is a bonus

I'm a fan of the end of bench players because I know how hard it is to get into the NBA.

Also James Jones values higher character players with a strong work ethic.

I wouldn't mind striking gold again with a late addition like the Suns did with Cam Payne for their bubble run.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If monte and JJ wanted him I'm all in!
What's the worse that could happen, he takes up a spot for the rest of the short season and we dump him.
Or
He's better than Shame T and we sign him next year.
Or
He's the next Luca Doncic.

If he fits in and his game translates to the NBA he really could be a decent find.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the end of bench players because I know how hard it is to get into the NBA.

Also James Jones values higher character players with a strong work ethic.

I wouldn't mind striking gold again with a late addition like the Suns did with Cam Payne for their bubble run.
This 100%

Best clip yet broken down. May need to mute it
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This is another possibility. Either way I think Payton gets pushed further down the depth chart.

I need to check to see if two-way players are allowed to play in the playoffs or would the Suns have to clear a roster spot if they like him.

Anyone know about the status of two-way players come playoff time?
Two ways can’t play in the playoffs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two ways can’t play in the playoffs.

It's a reach but I suppose if the Suns liked Lundberg enough they could waive a player like Payton and sign him to their regular roster.

Another thought, I hope Payne did not get injured last night and they are signing him for temporary help at point guard.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns officially sign Gabriel Lundberg.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media